[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is there no thread about ten Sig Sauer contract with the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: images-1.jpg (15KB, 302x167px) Image search: [Google]
images-1.jpg
15KB, 302x167px
Why is there no thread about ten Sig Sauer contract with the army? Goodbye M9! Yello, siggy

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wired.com/2017/01/us-army-sig-sauer-p320/amp/
>>
>>32925100
well there is now.
>>
>>32925100
Anybody have experience with the p320?

.40 looks good
>>
>>32925100
Why don't they just buy 1911s? It's the best gun out there
>>
>>32925155
They're unamerican commies is why
>>
>>32925100
because it's old news, and there has been a bunch of "glockfags BTFO" and "sig master race" threads using these news.
>>
>>32925219
"Old news"
This shit just happened this year if I'm not mistaken.
I don't really like sig desu. Mine was a piece of shit right out of the box.
>>
File: 1480371573782.gif (1020KB, 257x194px) Image search: [Google]
1480371573782.gif
1020KB, 257x194px
>>32925148
>anyon have experience with the p320?
yeah, i do

>work at gun shop
>standing at counter
>a german shephard walks up
>BARK
>sure
>grab sig out of case
>check clear, hand to doggo
>he doesn't have thumbs
>tell him i'll go get him some .22 for the inconvenience
>turn 360 spin walk into back room
>past pallets of .22
>out the back door
>get in my truck
>drive to chinese bistro
>chow mein for lunch
>ching chung fong fu fuck you, yellow man
>tired from eating all that
>call the gun shop and tell the guys im not coming back because my tired is flat
>they can see me out the window because chinese place is only across the street
>"fuck you dude come back here"
>speed away quickly
>go home and play xbone
>>
Because there were threads on it three weeks ago when it was news
>>
>>32925100
Because we had like 80 over the last couple weeks. Get with the times anon.

>>32925155
Weak b8

>>32925303
kek
>>
>>32925100
>why is there no thread

Because people have found new things to have 6 threads up at any given moment about since that happened
>>
>>32925155
>>32925178
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZTRjXD7AVU&t=2m53s
>>
>>32925377
Shit. That's a sick weapon.
>>
File: Homer.jpg (23KB, 569x428px) Image search: [Google]
Homer.jpg
23KB, 569x428px
>>32925100
As much as I hate fudds and people who unironically believe that .45>9mm, I gotta agree with >>32925155 and say that they should've gotten 1911's
just listen to me, who in the military uses pistols nowadays? only 2 types of people, Special Forces and rear echelon officers
now Special Forces don't use the standard issue handguns anyway because they're too cool to save money on anything so they'll get whatever the fuck they want
and what do rear echelon officers use pistols for? just for looking cool and american, it's not like they're going to actually ever shoot it so these functions would be best done by using a true american and cool american looking pistol like the 1911, not this yellow ugly plastic lego bullshit, they'll just look like giant faggots who care about recycling with these
>>
>>32925542
t. Stealth-Fudd

At that point why not just give them motherfucking SAAs and cowboy hats?
>>
>>32925542
>As much as I hate fudds and people who unironically believe that .45>9mm...
I'm not a racist, but...
>>
>>32925100
because when it was announced we had 15 posts worth about it
>>
>>32925563
>At that point why not just give them motherfucking SAAs
nah that's too much, 1911's aren't SO obsolete t b h
>cowboy hats
that's actually still a thing in the cavarly units tho
>>
>>32925542
Only 2 types of people, special forces and rear echelon officers
>and 240 gunners
>and PLs
>and line medics
>some PSGs
And that's just at the company level for infantry.
>>
>>32925614
>1911's aren't SO obsolete t b h
The .45 is though. It's a carryover from the cowboy era that never should have existed. Hell, Browning himself preferred .38 and later 9mm, he designed the .45 as an afterthought because the Army wanted it for no good reason.

>that's actually still a thing in the cavarly units tho
Ah, so the only thing more obsolete than the 1911?

Traditionalism has always been the Achilles heel of the US Military.
>>
>>32925647
details details fucking details everywhere
don't tell me that the average Joe 240 gunner from Texas wouldn't appreciate carrying a solid piece of a gun instead of some communist eurotrash
>>32925650
>Traditionalism has always been the Achilles heel of the US Military.
and yet they are the the most advanced military power in the world
>>
>>32925696
>don't tell me that the average Joe 240 gunner from Texas wouldn't appreciate carrying a solid piece of a gun instead of some communist eurotrash
Modern troops don't like the 1911. Marines had them and then dropped them for Glocks
>Young operators have had trouble with the 1911's beavertail grip safety, according to one former Marine weapons instructor who trained MARSOC members.

>Many shooters wearing gloves tend to grip the 1911 too high and do not properly disengage the beavertail grip safety, so the pistol won't fire, he said. A lot of professional shooters who run custom 1911s will disable that beavertail grip safety to avoid this problem, he added.

>The 1911 design is also known for feed-way stoppages, a malfunction caused when a round gets stuck feeding into the chamber, experts said. Horizontal and vertical stovepipes – types of malfunctions that occur when an empty shell casing gets caught in the ejection port – are also a problem with the 1911 design.

Also if you're carrying a pistol as a secondary weapon, you want it to be as light as possible.
>>
>>32925696
>don't tell me that the average Joe 240 gunner from Texas wouldn't appreciate carrying a solid piece of a gun instead of some communist eurotrash
>I'm not a Fudd guys I swear

>and yet they are the the most advanced military power in the world
That's happened in spite of US Military culture, not because of it. If it weren't for the Cold War forcing us to keep ahead of the Russians, we'd still be using garbage like the M14.
>>
>>32925739
>>32925758
>using logic
bud dhads gommunism :DDD

in all seriousness tho, you have a point, actually I'm an eurofag, my only handguns are hi cap euro 9mm's and I've only shot 1911 once in my life
also I'm high af and I slept like 5 hours total in the last 2 days so I'm not really fit for arguing with you

before I leave tho, I want you to at least aknowledge that the p320 looks pretty fucking gay
>>
File: 320XCA-0-BXR3.jpg (40KB, 663x437px) Image search: [Google]
320XCA-0-BXR3.jpg
40KB, 663x437px
>>32925820
>also I'm high af
What a surprise, me too. And at work no less.

>I'm not really fit for arguing with you
It's just friendly shitposting anon

>before I leave tho, I want you to at least aknowledge that the p320 looks pretty fucking gay
Oh yeah no question, the whole pistol grip area is putrid. But the new X series proves it CAN look pretty good with the right replacement grip frame. Pic related. We haven't seen the final model of the M17 yet, so I'm hoping it looks more like this.
>>
>>32925650
>Ah, so the only thing more obsolete than the 1911?
Heavy combined arms mechanized formations are obsolete now?
>>
I genuinely cannot fathom caring this much about the aesthetics of an issued sidearm.

Modern tourniquets, quickclot, new radios, better body armor, polymer eyepro, and any number of improvements in issued gear have had vastly greater impacts on the capability and survivability of the modern soldier far beyond what pistol some of them carry. I really do not understand what this one item gets discussed so much.
>>
>>32925867
Those things are all either too autistic or not autistic enough to argue about. Handguns offer just the right level of autism for a good 300 replies worth of shitposting.
>>
>>32925883
gun shop employee here, this anon is correct.
>>
>>32925862
>me too. And at work no less
damn man I wish I had a job where I can be high during worktime

and idk, I just really dislike plastic pistols in general, both for their looks and because I just like the feel of a beautiful solid piece of cold metal in my hands (I'm a machinist, so it's kinda stuck with me that metal>plastic all the time), even tho they're lighter and more practical

I'm curious about how long will it take for the other branches to catch up with the army on this and if they'll even chose the same weapon
>>
>>32925155
I would have loved the idea of surplus 9mm but no way they would have changed calibers.
>>
>>32925647
MY country Still uses BHP from ww2 and like no one gets pistols only officers in Fobs if that.
>>
>>32925696
>some communist eurotrash
SIG is trash since they went American.
>>
>>32925953
>damn man I wish I had a job where I can be high during worktime
Tech support, my dude. Everyone who calls is guaranteed to be more retarded than me even at my highest.
>>
>>32926138
>Tech support
ayy that explains it
>Everyone who calls is guaranteed to be more retarded than me even at my highest.
kek

I mean I love my job, especially because I don't have to deal with any people whatsoever, but it sure sucks that I can't get my mood up a bit when working
>>
>>32925242

yeah, old news. shit happened what, 2 weeks ago? that's fuckin old in the news world desu famalam
>>
>>32925100
I love my W. GERMAN P226

But this plastic frame sig disgusts me beyond reason. I feel as though we have been betrayed
>>
>>32925100
Its plastic.
Comes in a .40sw option
Its "modular" but doesnt come in .45 option
I dont like this
>>
>>32925100
How long 'till we're able to buy the MHS-esque models? When they finally hit shops the P320 will become my "glock"...same with many others I assume.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.