[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

does anybody kno anything about the U.S diplomatic security service

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

does anybody kno anything about the U.S diplomatic security service or have any experience with it? thinking about applying for it currently.
>>
>>32924354
bump because i need advice
this also a job civilians can get btw
>>
>can anyone google simple shit for me
>>
>>32924584
yeah, civs that were in SOCOM. I highly doubt some rando can actually get the job.
>>
>>32924638
i see females in these security teams lol
>>
File: download.jpg (7KB, 263x192px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 263x192px
I guess this thread is the best one to ask in, obviously not OP but..

What /k/ related, semi-operator jobs can civilians actually get? I actually have law enforcement training (state certification.) and am about to get a bachelors degree in (yeah I know, shit degree.) criminal justice.
>>
>>32924654
They probably got hired because affirmative action stuff and they do barely anything except stand around and follow female diplomats to the bathroom.
>>
>>32924677
wat dis nig said im finna get me an oper8r civ job
>>
>>32924708
Nevermind...

I'll just apply for DPS and stop cars all day.
>>
>>32924677
You can shit post on /k/ and critique actual operators and go to nugget fest in a fur suit.

Who the FUCK is desperate enough for operators that why're hiring fat fucks with "state certs" and criminal justice degrees? Jesus Christ this board is autistic.
>>
>>32924896
Same anon here.

Well Border Patrol will hire me, as would state police agencies.. The issue is I can't really uproot my family at the moment so I'm looking for options.

Why are you so mad? It's almost like I hit some sort of sore spot for you.
>>
>>32924927
>can't uproot my family
>I know!
>I'll join DSS where we have to move all around the world all the time

fucking hell you are retarded

You remind me of the people I see at Subway, who aren't retarded, but have to stand next to a person with Down Syndrome and do the exact same job as them
>>
>>32924927
Not at all, i work cyber security/net forensics and could easily get billeted to do "operator things". The point is that no civilian org is hiring "operators".
>>
>>32924354
Do you have a masters from an Ivy League school?
Were you a combat arms officer (preferably in SOCOM) with actual combat experience?
Do you have at least 5 years LE experience?

If you don't have those 3 things then good luck getting hired.
>>
>>32925085
>geek squad
>>
>>32924942
Quit projecting. You are THE downs syndrome guy.
>>
>>32924896
>Who the FUCK is desperate enough for operators that why're hiring fat fucks with "state certs" and criminal justice degrees? Jesus Christ this board is autistic.

everybody.

I made over six figures last year doing just that, man tits and all
>>
>>32924687
actually, there's more involved in DIPLOMATIC action then being an ex-jsoc meathead
even the appearance of a sausage fest is detrimental
for example if all ur people look like operators it looks like ur geared for war
>>
>>32925115
Why would someone with a master's from an Ivy League bother with this low rent bullshit?
>>
File: 6lnvxtz.png (2MB, 1115x747px) Image search: [Google]
6lnvxtz.png
2MB, 1115x747px
>>32924677
>>32924927
>I can't really uproot my family
And you want to be DSS why? those guys are always on the move. I think they travel more than SS but not positive.
>>
File: justblowmyshitupfam.png (709KB, 671x505px) Image search: [Google]
justblowmyshitupfam.png
709KB, 671x505px
>>32924584
>>32924638
>>32924654
>>32924677
>>32924708
>>32927209
>>32927272

Why do you want to protect a bunch two-faced, bullshitting nepotists and their CIA entourage. If you're gunna go through the trouble of building up that resume, why not work in private security and worry less about being abandoned in a foreign country and having to bribe a militia to drive you to an airport.
>>
FWIW OP, I'm an Army vet about to graduate with my bachelors and have been looking at Department of the Interior. I talked to a chief ranger at Mark Twain NF and he basically said that if you aren't ex-mil, don't even bother applying. There's essentially a part of the application process where you enter in all your info, and the machine essentially calculates how many points your worth, then spits out a list of the top 100 or whatever candidates, which they then pick off of. If you're not ex-mil, you usually can't even make that list. That's what he told me, at least. On the plus side, he did say calling and keeping up with them was good, because if they recognize a name off the list they're more likely to pick that one usually, so he claimed.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.