[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a question about handgun grip. I was watching some youtube

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: 10181353474_3256d9abaa_o.jpg (204KB, 1024x706px) Image search: [Google]
10181353474_3256d9abaa_o.jpg
204KB, 1024x706px
I have a question about handgun grip. I was watching some youtube videos and reading some articles and I've heard this tip of taking my left support hand and angling it a 45 degree angle. It makes sense scientifically and such but when I try to do it I start to feel this extreme tension in my wrist and it becomes harder for me to fill the "gap" with my support hand and provide enough pressure, when I try to do this while in weaver stance (my preffered stance) it's nigh impossible. I start to feel some pain in my left wrist and I can never imagine doing this in any self defense scenario. Should I just ignore the 45 degree angle thing?
>>
File: IMG_0081.jpg (892KB, 2370x2884px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0081.jpg
892KB, 2370x2884px
The one way I can make it work with the 45 degree angle is if I don't worry about filling the gap and my support hand just ends up mostly squeezing my fingers. If I want to "fill the gap" then I need to lighten the angle on my wrist so it's not pointed downward as much.

The gun I'm using is a glock 19 (pic related) I might even look into getting a different gun, this thing aint that comfortable, but there have been times where I've been able to shoot bullseyes with it, so it's not the gun itself, it's me.
>>
Hold it sideways so the recoil advances the gun to the next threat.
>>
>>32922335
weebs get out

>>32922268
stretch your arms out more
>>
>>32922268
Elbow and shoulder being locked are more important than wrists, thumbs should do nothing, better if you cut them off.
>>
>>32922423
YouTube
Jerry miculek how to shoot a pistol, best video.
>>
OP here. I decided to set my camera to go off in 3 seconds and point my gun as naturally as possible. This is what It looks like.

>>32922425
I watched it. He pretty much says you should only shoot isosceles. I don't like isosceles .
>>
>>32922450
He gives a lot of other good advice too. Hopefully you took something useful from it, I don't really like isosceles either. I shoot better using the same stance as hickok45.
>>
File: 463666643.png (211KB, 1146x892px)
463666643.png
211KB, 1146x892px
>>32922450
>>32922523
weaver masterrace
>>
>>32922450
>He pretty much says you should only shoot isosceles
There's a reason he says this.

>>32922423
>Elbow and shoulder being locked are more important than wrists
>>32922349
>stretch your arms out more
are both correct, the cranked support hand grip only works with an extended isosceles grip because you don't drop your support elbow like you do with weaver.
>>
>>32922750
Yeah I watched the video and I get his reasoning but a fighting stance makes more sense to me as it's what I naturally go into when something intense happens anyway
>>
>>32922450
Weaver is superior if you're not getting shot at. You should practice it
>>
>>32923052
but a square stance is a fighting stance. Those of us who are actually fighting wear plates, which should stand square with the enemy. Anyways, square stance is a more mobile stance as well.
>>
>>32923052
>>32923076
>>32923214
Nothing prevents you from taking a fighting 'agile' stance with your legs while keeping your torso and shoulders square and your arms extended. You have this thing called a waist, you know, which allows your torso/shoulders and hips to face different directions.

The shoulder width apart parallel foot placement portion of a 'textbook' isosceles stance is for efficient panning through multiple targets with minimal wasted movement. This is completely isolated and irrelevant to the zero mental effort passive recoil control benefits gained by extending the arms and camming the elbows out, which can be applied to any foot stance.

Now if you're shooting from cover and need to stay close to it, or shooting from retention, then obviously arms fully extended probably won't work out and you'll just have to do what you need to (probably weaver/modified weaver).
>>
>>32922268
OP. Watch Jerry Miculek. Do what he says. He knows his shit. Ignore the rest.
>>
>>32923076
Weaver is what I practice
>>
>>32922268
>that pignose though
>>
Bullseye stance or fuck off.
>>
OP your image is wrong but close. Roll your weak hand even further forward, and dig the heel into the grip like you were digging for gold. YES you will feel strain. But you will never shoot faster and more accurately than like that. Your thumb, forearm, and slide should all be on and form one straight line.

Also we have a name for weaver shooters. "Last place."
Shoot isosclese. Weaver is for tactifags playing operator. Isosclese posts times.
>>
sounds like you need to masturbate more and strengthen that wrist
>>
>>32923076
>>32923397
You guys ought to listen to Jerry on Weaver vs isoceles
>>
>>32923625
Back in the corp we had a name for usosoles shooters:dead guys. When the bullets start flying no sane person spreads their legs all like "go ahead and hit muh plate carrier. It's high noon patnah!" No, you make yourself a smaller target and try not to get hit. And I don't give a fuck what some whack a mole shooter says
>>
File: jerry-miculek.png (2MB, 1063x781px) Image search: [Google]
jerry-miculek.png
2MB, 1063x781px
Not taking Jerry's advice on shooting is akin to having a doctor say "we really need to treat that" and gaffing him off while saying "what does he know"
>>
>>32924841
>Corp......CORP
>>
>>32924841
>m-muh real combat
Get back to me when it matters. If you're in a situation that you're taking return fire or wearing plates you should have a goddamn rifle. In sport shooting or defensive shooting your #1 goddamn priority is shooting before the other guy ever does.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.