[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need some advice on how to deal with a problem I'm having

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

I need some advice on how to deal with a problem I'm having /k/. Here's the situation:
>Work at fun store
>Boss gives us information about sales contests for Springfield and Sig
>Earn points from sales and redeem them for swag or guns
>Earn enough points to get an M1A and a Sig 1911
>Redeem points for guns
>Guns arrive this week
>Boss keeps them
>Says I didn't earn them
>Says because he decided to mark prices down for a sale that the guns sold during that time period don't qualify and he should get to keep them instead.
>He did this to the other employees too.
>He basically just motivated us to take part in this sales program so that if we did win any free weapons he could take them for himself.
Is there anything I can do /k/? Technically the guns don't belong to me because I didn't do a background check but the invoices have my name on them. I did the extra work doing the tests and qualifying for the sales contest. Even though the guns were free from the manufacturer I still have to pay taxes on them. So what should I do? Do I contact the manufacturers and let them know what he's doing? Should I contact the ATF? Should I get in touch with a lawyer? There must be something I can do to get the guns I earned.
>>
>>32921163
Fuck it, just call us (4.0.4.-4.1.7.-2.6.0.0.)
>>
>>32921163
better ask your lawyer instead of an anonymous malaysian shadow puppet wayang kulit theater community of interest, bro
>>
Ask a lawyer. If not you should kill him with the next gun he gets for personal use.
>>
get the fucking lawyer dude what the hell
fuck your faggot ass boss
>>
Contact the manufacturers about it
>>
Oh. I also forgot this part. I told him I have to pay taxes on it and if he's going to take the guns then he needs to write me a check for the taxes. It then turned into an argument about the Sig. He claimed that there's no possible way that I could have earned that Sig because we just didn't sell that much and he said we'll discuss the taxes after he does a full inventory on the Sigs. I told him that Sig required a copy of the completed 4473s and they had to verify the information before submitting the points so I'm not sure how I could have committed fraud if I'd wanted to. He just pretty much repeated himself and said that if there's anything fishy or out of place he's turning it into a federal matter. I told him to go ahead and call the feds and he said well hopefully it doesn't come to that. I just don't understand what the fuck is going on. Maybe he's had some inventory go.missing and now he's being a prick about everything? I just don't know but I need to do SOMETHING.
>>
>>32921163
try calling Sig and Springfield

they will not be happy
>>
>>32921272
lawyer
now
period.
>>
>>32921304
my only things is would a lawyer be worth the trouble? Cost of a lawyer vs 2 guns with a total value of about $3000. Seems that if a lawyer would cost more than that it wouldn't really be much of a victory.
>>
>>32921304
>>32921315

Yeah, go to a lawyer. After that, he can't fire you or it'll open him up to even more legal liability. I bet even getting a letter from a lawyer would change his mind. A letter from a lawyer AND the manufacturers would make him shit his pants even further.

He's pulling a dick move. You cannot let him get away with it. In 2 years you'll be on to some other job anyway, and you'll always wish you'd pursued this.
>>
Call Sig and Springfield. They will probably call him and say the guns have to go to you or they will report to the ATF. You will get fired, though. Document everything, then sue for wrongful termination with all the evidence. You will get the guns and he will probably have to shell out like $50K to you. After lawyers fees and taxes, you will probably walk away with about $25K. Worth it.
>>
>>32921330
Yeah, good point. Maybe go this route and bait him into paying you a pretty penny after it's all done with. But that's putting your next few month's wages on the line, so think hard about it. It might be weird to work there if you just threatened legal action and forced his hand.
>>
At the very least, you gotta get that sig 1911. Those things are fuckin' sweet.
>>
Has anybody ever even heard of an employer doing this kind of shit before? I'm wondering what the actual legality of something like that is.
>>
>>32921163
Steal something from him and lie to him He wants to play those games, fuck em. I hate mutha fuckers like that.
>>
File: 20141109_143114_zpsa5863c1c.jpg (73KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
20141109_143114_zpsa5863c1c.jpg
73KB, 1024x576px
>>32921389
yeah man. it's actually a Sig Super Target. I'd really like to have it. I think my first course of action is gonna be to call the manufacturers. Without knowing the full legality of it I'm not sure that ghe ATF can/will do anything but i'm hoping they threaten to take away his company reps.
>>
>>32921432
No wonder he's trying to fuck you out of that gun. That thing's aesthetic af.
>>
>>32921327
THIS
>>
>>32921163
If it's $10,000 or less then take your ass to small claims court. If you have legit documentation or invoices backing you up, the judge will bitch slap your boss.
>>
Call Sig. Like immediately.

We run the same type of program at work (gun company) and if we caught wind of this and the counterman's story checked out we would straight-up annihilate his boss.

Make sure you have all of your ducks in a row before calling though. Be able to prove it.

I am not sure exactly what Sig does internally, but I think I know who is administering their counterman programs. She would be LIVID.
>>
>working at a mom and pop gunstore
>not expecting shady business practices

get a real job.
>>
>>32921957
What gun company? They hiring? Gonna need to look for new work after all of this bullshit.
>>
>>32921957
I mean, be aware that you might not have a job after this though.

If your boss is a cockayus it's going to get sideways on you fast.
>>
>>32921965
Can't say much about it, I will definitely be identified. We're always hiring for something or other though.

Best thing you can do is watch the careers websites like a HAWK if working for a big gun company is what you want. We post stuff and it is open for like 2-3 days max.

That and be willing to relocate. Yes I want to be there and yes I'll uproot my life to do it says a lot.
>>
If it came to a small claims case or anything I think you'd be fucked. Your boss is a sniveling shithead to be sure but I doubt there's any evidence, hard or otherwise, that he said you'd be entitled to the guns from what you've said.

Like others have posted it sounds like your best bet would be to contact the manufacturers and hope it pisses them off enough to bully him into giving you your guns.
>>
>>32921416
Not specifically, but it sounds like plain old larceny. If this is for real I wouldn't let it slide.
Never heard of these programs ,but my store is a big box retailer. This is no different than if you ordered the guns and had paid cash for them.
What does the price of the guns have to do with anything? That has no impact on how much the manufacturers received for their guns. Like you said, the invoices have YOUR name on them. If he left the guns in the store I would have just gotten a co-worker to sign off on the 4473 and took them home.
>>
>>32921993
That's cool. I actually got a request for a resume from Ithaca. I may pursue that. They're shotguns are not very popular as compared to Mossberg and Remington for some reason that I don't understand. I'd take an Ithaca over those two any time. And their 1911 gets absolutely no press at all but it's supposedly top of the line in build and quality. I actually have an Ithaca being shipped to me at the store so I'm gonna wait until it comes before I burn bridges and call the manufacturers. He seems the type to act out of spite and intentionally fuck with somebody elses things just to feel like he accomplished something.
>>
>>32922016
Pursue it, and good luck. I hope it works out for you brother.

There is ungodly volatility built into the market (fucking Feinstein & Co.), so you need to be overly cautious, but if you know what you are getting into it is an amazing way to make a living.
>>
>>32921315
All you need is a letter from the lawyer's office. Before I did that I would call the manufacturers and then the ATF if I had to. Let him explain to the Sig and Springfield why he is keeping the guns they sent you. Haven't dealt with Sig, but I can't see Springfield taking that lightly. I know another manufacturer that has a points program you use to get firearms for free or deeply discounted and it is specifically to encourage sales associates to move their products.
>>
>>32921163
Get the invoice with your name on it.
If you have an invoice with the guns on it it's no different than ordering guns from an FFL.
It's like buying a gun online when it gets shipped to your FFL of choice they say how can you afford this then decide to keep it. It's theft.
>>
>>32922040
Yes, get this. Sig will be able to validate everything if you provide them detail from it.
>>
>>32921957
This. Is your boss a baby boomer? that sounds like a baby boomer move. "yeah I'm going to take your shit because uhhh.....I think it's necessary don't ask questions" fuck that get your guns back. 3000 dollars is more than enough money to pursue this.
>>
>>32921163
sig sent the gun to YOU in YOUR NAME, if you don't get the gun you may be liable in the fraud your boss is committing. do not be complicit, call sig and call a lawyer. TODAY.
TODAY.
TODAY.
this is gun related fraud and your ass is on the line
>>
>>32922255
This, OP why the fuck are you waiting. Fuck that, you need to act now or understand that it's on you if by waiting you no longer have a case
>>
OP if you want to get another federal agency involved call the IRS and explain your situation. If you are being forced to pay taxes on an item that is being stolen from you by your boss the IRS would prolly see a ton of red flags and could investigate his books for the past several years. If he is doing that to y'all now he has prolly done other shady shit too that the IRS will find out about and he'll get ass rammed so hard he'll think he stepped in a vc pit back in '67
>>
>>32921315
Talk to your coworkers, if everybody person that got fucked over joins up like Voltron and agrees to splint consult/hourly fee it's cheaper.

However once you open this door you can't shut it. After you lawyer up better have anot her job lined up cause your hours will get cut or let go as retaliation. Your boss sounds like a gigantic prickly who is either keeping them for himself or taking the free guns and selling them as straight profit.

Did you get the promotion in writing/email? Gonna need proof
>>
>>32921272
You're probably better off talking to the Better Business Burea
>>
>>32922352
Disregard
thers Better advice ITT
>>
>>32921327
THISTHISTHIS.

Call the ATF, those guns are LEGALLY YOURS.

CALL THE ATF
A
L
L

T
H
E

A
T
F
>>
Listen to this thread
Get documentation
Call manufacturers
Probably get lawyer
Look for another job because you sure as hell won't be staying in that one
>>
So when I contact the lawyer what should I be looking to pursue? Just felony larceny? Is it also tax fraud since I was never given reimbursement or receipt for the taxes?
>>
>>32924258
>what should I be looking to pursue?
tell Matlock your story and he can weigh it in his head and decide if you have a legal case and what to pursue.
>>
>>32924258
Shut the fuck up, pick up the phone, call sig, and report back. You have five minutes to do so or you can fuck off.
>>
>>32921163
consider getting a job somewhere else, also, shit on him and his store on yelp, yahoo, and anyplace else you can find
>>
hEY BOSS
i want the guns i rightfully deserve, so if you could give them to me, we wont have a problem,
before you speak, if you refuse, i will bring lawyers into this, i will bring ATF and manufacturers to this,

you took my firearms for yourself because you are a selfish and wanted them for yourself,

tell him that exactly OP
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.