[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Been looking into buying a handgun for carry, and wasn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: fn45.jpg (252KB, 1611x1275px) Image search: [Google]
fn45.jpg
252KB, 1611x1275px
Been looking into buying a handgun for carry, and wasn't too sure what to get. New to owning a gun, so, wanted some opinions, and things to consider when buying. I'm not completely new to guns, just to owning one, so I know how to handle one, just looking for advice on what a decent handgun would be for carry purposes.
>>
Glock 19
>>
>>32916330
Reason why Glock 19 is the best?
>>
>>32916315
Glock 43
Springfield XDS
Walther CCP
FN FNS-9C
CZ P07
>>
>>32916383
It's not, and most people get recommended it as a first carry gun and never carry it because of the size. Best thing is to go to a local store and handle some.

It's good because magazines are cheap and plentiful and so are parts, and because they're about $500 brand new
>>
>>32916394
I've been to a few stores already and handled quite a few. The FN45 was when that I liked, but the grip was a bit blocky, and I know that .45 is one of the larger calibers. Another one I liked but was on the fence about was the Five Seven.
>>
>>32916425
well it's a matter of what you can see yourself carrying every day

or do what a lot of people do and have a cold weather carry gun and a warm weather carry gun. Some people can carry larger guns and some people can only carry single stack 9s
>>
File: FNS-9c grips.jpg (320KB, 600x600px)
FNS-9c grips.jpg
320KB, 600x600px
>>32916386
This is a good list, also add stuff like G19 and HKP2000SK P30SK, a lot of Kahrs too.
>>
>>32916442
Everyone CAN carry an AR15 pistol. It's a matter of whether or not they're willing to make the sacrifice of having to wear a trenchcoat everywhere. The same is true with all handguns, to some extent. If you're not willing to wear anything other than a speedo every single day then your options are rather limited,
>>
>>32916885
I work in a gun store, most of the people who come in looking for a first CC handgun, always end up with something like a G43 or XDS 9mm at first, because they've been told for months "g19, get a g19, it's the best, ultimate carry gun, get a g19"

then they get in and handle one and realize it's not as small as they thought.
>>
>>32916315
The best carry firearm is one that you can afford to practice with, is comfortable to you, and you will actually carry.

It doesn't matter the quality if you won't actually have it with you because it's too big/whatever.

You shouldn't carry it if you can't afford to practice with it.

If it is not ergonomic you're probably not going to be a good shot with it.

That being said, I carry an FNS 9 because I don't mind carrying around a full size firearm and I like the high capacity. That's a call only you can make. The fact of the matter is that any of the mainstream firearms (Glocks, Shields, FN, CZ, etc.) are going to be plenty reliable and anyone bitching about them here is just circle jerking. Go to a range and rent out four or so guns and put like 50 rounds through each and find one that's comfortable.
>>
File: P2000SKTLR-3.jpg (285KB, 800x800px)
P2000SKTLR-3.jpg
285KB, 800x800px
>>32916791
My personal rec in the FNS-9c picture in my previous post - I like the factory sights, controls, trigger and the lipped base plate lets me get all 3 fingers on the grip.

I also like the depressed mag release as I'e popped a mag out of my RAMI before accidentally.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.