[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPQ iwzu1XvQ Just watching

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPQiwzu1XvQ

Just watching this and the guy says 7.62x39 will not be enough for bears but a short while later he says .44 Magnum will. He cites the x39 lacking "energy":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPQiwzu1XvQ&t=4m28s

>7.62×39mm
>7.9 g (122 gr) FMJ 730.3 m/s (2,396ft/s) 2,108 J (1,555 ft·lbf)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7.62%C3%9739mm

>.44 Magnum
>240 gr (16 g) SJHP Remington 1,180 ft/s (360 m/s) 741 ft·lbf (1,005 J)

You'll nee hot +P+ loads to get to x39 energy levels:
>340 gr (22 g) LFN +P+ Buffalo Bore Heavy 1,425 ft/s (434 m/s) 1,533 ft·lbf (2,078 J)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.44_Magnum

What say you?
>>
File: image_14.jpg (271KB, 1438x1418px) Image search: [Google]
image_14.jpg
271KB, 1438x1418px
>dude says something retarded on youtube
>let's make a thread about it
>>
File: 1460945889446.jpg (4MB, 4055x2952px) Image search: [Google]
1460945889446.jpg
4MB, 4055x2952px
Is that you Clyde? Because you're talking about the same shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNR2Uh08FrA
>>
show me the figures relating to penetration
>>
>>32915876

That said I'd rather have an M92 than a .44 revolver in the woods, but that's just me.
>>
>>32915847
From "The Practical Guide to Long Range Hunting: The Art of the Clean Kill" by Nathan Foster:

>Projectiles kill by causing either one or a combination of the following:

>Blood loss
>Damage to the central nervous system
>Destruction of vital organs and tissue
>Asphyxiation
>Blood poisoning (septicaemia) from gut shots

>The most reliable method is blood loss. Fast bleeding occurs when vital organs or major blood vessels are severed or destroyed. The wider the wound, the faster the kill.

>The lungs are our primary target as these are the fastest bleeding organs (besides the liver) of a mammal.

Getting back to the OP: He's right and wrong. If you're using 7.62x39 FMJ like he probably imagines you are then yeah, you're probably going to poke a bunch tiny of holes in his gut in a panic, get mauled, and then he'll wander off and die a slow, painful death a few hours later after having enjoyed your face as his last meal.
>>
File: 1476224575905.jpg (254KB, 514x635px) Image search: [Google]
1476224575905.jpg
254KB, 514x635px
>>32915905
>>
>>32915877
That's a nice rant there.

>>32915959
If I have the time, which I shoup because the gun is hot and slung across my chest, I'm aiming at the bear's head. If I miss the head I'm hitting the clavicula, the vessels underneath and then the lungs and heart underneath. Or the spine.
>>
>>32915905
hue hue hue
>>
>>32915992
>If I have the time, which I shoup because the gun is hot and slung across my chest, I'm aiming at the bear's head. If I miss the head I'm hitting the clavicula, the vessels underneath and then the lungs and heart underneath. Or the spine.

Are you shooting when he's doing his "stand up and intimidate the intruder" routine, or are you waiting until he starts to charge?
>>
>>32915959

>guide to long range hunting
>how do I protect myself from bears at close range

these are two very different things
>>
>>32915847
A 44 mag can have more momentum and also flat nosed. A fmj would "slip" though the body, where as a swc 44 would crush more tissue. There more to then that, this is just some basics.
>>
>>32916009
>waiting until he starts to charge?
why would you ever do this
>>
I'm not watching this retard rant. From your op it says that he doesn't think 7.62 is enough for bear.

I had to put down an aggressive black bear when I was a fishing guide. I was leading a group of 5 when we came across the bear. It showed every sign of wanting to attack despite me following all protocol on dealing with black bear. It was within 10 yards and grunting and stamping. I put 3 5.56 fmj rounds into it. One in the head and 2 through its chest. It dropped almost instantly and only got 14 yards away before perishing.

I can only speak from this one experience with a black bear. I am sure if you magdump a grizzly or put a few slugs into it it will drop.
>>
>>32916015
Did you bother reading past the first line?

>>32916021
Because you're frozen, and maybe think the bear will just back off and wander away.

Just do yourself and the animal a favor and keep your mags loaded with Hornady SST. Aim for the upper chest; his brain is tiny and his skull is thick as fuck.
>>
>>32916009
>Are you shooting when he's doing his "stand up and intimidate the intruder" routine, or are you waiting until he starts to charge?

Nah, I'm backing off with the gun aimed at it avoiding eye contact. if it charges I pop one in the dirt in front of it if the ground allows for it as a warning shot. maybe two. but then it's the head I'm aiming for.
>>
File: Grizskull[1].jpg (55KB, 925x333px) Image search: [Google]
Grizskull[1].jpg
55KB, 925x333px
>>32916063
You probably don't have a choice in aiming for the head if you let him drop back onto the ground before shooting.

Your best chance to kill him quickly is when he's standing, but I understand not wanting to be trigger-happy about it.
>>
>>32916085
And I should add: If you are intent on aiming purely for the skull then you're probably going to want FMJ.

In an ideal world you could manage a spine shot, but nothing's ideal.
>>
>>32916085
my reasoning is simple. if the bear doesn't face me head on, I'm not yet in danger, no point in shooting. if it's standing, no point in shooting either, it's not bipedal and will not sprint at me. it only starts becoming dangerous when it falls back on all fours at which point I may start considering to fire. Incidentally, the head will be center mass of the area that it's projecting at me as it comes for me. just like with defensive handgun shooting, that's where I aim at. If I miss >>32915992 happens. x39 not being able to shatter a bear skull is a meme imo. It shatters multiple brake disks and cinder blocks just fine.
>>
File: Unbenannt.jpg (80KB, 925x333px)
Unbenannt.jpg
80KB, 925x333px
>>32916085
>>32916129
If the bear is facing you like on your left pic, the LOS at the same height will be moar like the blue line in my pic. your right line would indicate an angle where the chin would be massively raised to the point the bear would no longer be able to see in front of itself.
>>
File: Unbenannt.jpg (119KB, 925x333px) Image search: [Google]
Unbenannt.jpg
119KB, 925x333px
>>32916148
>>32916191
thx for the pic though. anyway, I think this would be the angle at which the skull would sit if the bear is looking straight at you like in the left pic.
>>
>>32916020
>A 44 mag can have more momentum

lol

even if you took a wadcutter, the projected surface area is relatively similar. unless the 44 is hitting bone, it's not crushing anything.
>>
>>32915877
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGumvvTchD8

FUCKING SUBSCRIBED!!!!
>>
>>32915959
>If you're using 7.62x39 FMJ like he probably imagines you are then yeah, you're probably going to poke a bunch tiny of holes in his gut in a panic
This would be entirely due to M43 having terrible wounding characteristics and tissue destruction for its kinetic energy. M67 is better, and 5.56 M193 is even better still as long as you get fragmentation (which you won't out of a pistol).
>>
>>32916148
>>32916191
I actually think a revolver is easier to shoot accurately at a small target like that than a rifle-pistol with no stock. If you SBR it with a sidefolder it becomes a different story, assuming you can have the stock unfolded in time...
>>
>>32917103
I am talking carbine with a stock here. If you want a pistol, get the proper sling adapter for the grip shank so you can use the tension sling stock technique. I don't think there is anything easier to shoot than an intermediary cartridge rifle, certainly not magnum revolvers.
>>
>>32917191
Those things muzzle flip like mad.
>>
>>32915877
>>32917013
whoever Clyde is, he's my fucking hero
>>
>>32917284
FUCKING INDIAN GUYS!
FUCKING LONG NOSED PEOPLE!
>>
>>32917291
I'm actually moving to Wyoming soon and it looks like he lives there

this guys other videos have me fucking rolling too, he's so right about AK's and bears

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNR2Uh08FrA
>>
>>32917212
The wolff +10% recoil spring tames it quite a bit. They seem to be undersprung from the factory.
>>
>>32915876
IS PISS!!!
>>
.44 mag is big enough for bear, but if you're going to carry a rifle you may as well carry something bigger than x39
>>
>>32915876
FPBP
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.