[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20 17/02/daniel-zimmerman/e

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/02/daniel-zimmerman/everyday-carry-pocket-dump-day-will-russell/

why are people proud of this kind of shit?

>brass knuckles
>"survival" cards
>gay OTF knife
>A LARGER THAN FULL SIZED HANDGUN
>that obviously a weapon money-clip/wallet
>that fucking awful ugly phone case

jesus
the worst part for me is the "survival cards"
if you're going into the wilderness, then those survival cards are woefully inadequate
if you're not going into the wilderneses, then they're completely unnecessary
and FUCKING LOCKPICKS
WHY?

every EDC is like this with a bunch of BS that you're never actually going to use and an edgy knife
>>
>lockpicks
jesus christ
>>
>>32914225
I get the appeal of carrying a full sized gun, but why would you ever carry an extra big pistol? It's fucking asinine
>>
>>32914390
34s arent that big. its the same size as a 1911 and morons who want to carry those carry em all the time
>>
>>32914457
but a 1911 is at least thin, being single stack
>>
do the knuckles go in the $ clip?
>>
>>32914457
I don't see the appeal of carrying a gi 1911 either. If it's a muh fuddy five thing, there are small .45s
>>
>>32914316
never forgotten a key or needed to help a neighbor who was locked out?
>>
>>32914225
The guy's an archaeologist. No telling what he may need out in the field.
>>
>>32915142
the knuckles are the only thing i really disagree with.
>>
>>32915293
Well, he listed them as "custom bling"
>>
>>32915028
those "lockpicks" aren't going to help
instead, you should take that money and get spare keys

>>32915293
no objection to the useless survival cards
honestly, the survival cards are worse than the knuckles
>>
>>32915771
Buying spare keys makes them impossible to lose?
>>
>>32914225
I had a friend who got into lock picking and did that, would just pick locks for fun to see if they were super janky and let folks know "Hey that door is like waaay insecure".

Still this is a ludicrous display fuck.
>>
>>32915838
did your friend use sheet metal picks?
>>
I keep a set of picks outside my house. Anyone could use a hiden key, but anyone who could pick a lock probably has their own picks. It shrinks the pool of people who could use my backup. Otherwise I don't generally walk around with burglary tools.
>>
Keys
Wallet
Phone
Medication
Knife
Pen (if working)

If you want a gun that's totally cool, but otherwise you're just fucking complicating it.
>>
>>32915771
$13 for some tweezers and fish hooks doesn't strike me as a terrible idea. i just carry the smallest swiss army knife on my key chain and whittle spearheads or fish hooks, if someone wants to spend a little bit of there money and pocket space i don't see an issue. only problem is there's no line or cord in his kit to use any of those blades/heads/hooks.

and looking at those picks they are more for duck tape, handcuffs and flex ties but you could get a door open if you had an hour and really had to with those even if you didn't really know what you were doing.
>>
you can't just "buy lock picks" then use them, you have to fucking practice it and learn how to pick individual locks

also pretty sure its illegal to carry them
>>
>>32915906
they are legally only burglary tools if they can prove you intend to burgle
>>
>>32916062
a few states don't let people walk around with lockpicks and you can't blame him for not wanting to lower the threshold to being charged with a felony
>>
>>32915957
it wouldn't strike me as a bad idea either if the hooks or picks or tweezers or anything in that was worth a single solitary damn
why have sheet metal hooks when you could have proper hooks?
why have sheet metal tweezers when you could have proper tweezers?
why have sheet metal needles when you could have proper needles?

those cards seem to just be collections of low quality versions of proper tools
hell, most of the things in them are just as flat in their proper versions as those awful sheet metal ones
>>
>>32916100
hmm so no picks in tn, and a few states assume intent
>>
>>32916152
might be a business opportunity for you to make one of those up with some good hooks and suture needles, add something for fire starting so you can cook what you kill and boil water
>>
>>32914225
>and an edgy knife
Well what do you expect them to use? A letter opener?
>>
>>32915142
i highly fucking doubt he's running across nazis and street-shitter devil worshipers out in the field.
>>
>>32914225
Isn't the EDC thing kind of played out. Ttag is a shitty site that writes a lot of factually wrong shit. And all the ads suck ass.
>>
>>32917360
yeah, I think it is played out
people carry a lot of bullshit they'll never use
>>
File: 316488518htXscJ_fs.jpg (446KB, 727x894px) Image search: [Google]
316488518htXscJ_fs.jpg
446KB, 727x894px
>>32915916
>no light

opinion discarded
>>
>>32917745
>phone
>>
>>32914225
All this bullshit and no light source.

I hope he gets lost in the woods and dies cuz he cant see where he is going.
>>
>>32917861
maybe he'll cut himself on one of those sheet metal "arrowheads"
>>
>>32917745
I agree. Maratac AAA Brass here. I use that shit at least 5 times every. Goddamn. day.
>>
>>32917767
>No throw and shitty battery life
Fucking millenials I swear.
>>
>>32915028
No, because my key is on a keyring

and neighbors can figure their own shit out, "sheepdawg"
>>
>>32917905
>sheet metal "arrowheads"

oh thats what that shit is. I thought it was an emergency survival reddit upvote
>>
>>32919296
This
>>
>>32919296
i always knew i was a faggot for picking the lock to my mom's summer home after driving out with her two hours to open it up for the season and she forgot to bring the keys, and that time i got my 70 year old neighbor back into her house after she locked herself out. thanks for the confirmation.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.