[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got an internship offer to help build defence robots under Canada's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: mats.jpg (340KB, 986x653px) Image search: [Google]
mats.jpg
340KB, 986x653px
Got an internship offer to help build defence robots under Canada's military counterterrorism defence research centre (DRDC). I am a Canadian/American dual citizen who plans on working for the american military after I graduate, would this be a bad idea? Do they normallynhavr citizenship conflicts of interest like that? I don't want to get pidgeonholed into defending a leaf for the rest of my life
>>
>>32914207
just make sure you talk to the tax office on the american side before you go getting a job there. You may just make less than a used cars salesman after they buttfuck your paychecks
>>
>>32914236
I know for sure I'm going to get paid shit, and live in literally middle of nowhere for a year, but its good experience for a career in killing fuckers with robots
>>
>>32914207
are you just working under contract? that in and of itself isn't that much of an issue. your dual citizenship opens you to more scrutiny tho. did you ever receive grants, or was your education paid for in any way by the (foreign) Canadian government? that would already put you behind the 8-ball. add foreign government contract work, and I can see you having security clearance issues. i don't see any of it being a deal breaker, but you're going to be competing against people without these issues.
>>
>>32914426
Yeah I've received education grants already from the Canadian gov, chances are I will denounce my Canadian citizenship after I graduate and move down there full-time ,though, will that not work?
>>
>>32914207
>robot that serves coffee
ONR fund that?
>>
>>32914446
> I've received education grants already from the Canadian gov
gratz, you are now considered property of the Canadian government. you've been bought and paid for. good luck ever getting any serious security clearance, regardless of denouncing your Canadian citizenship. take the job.
>>
>>32914542
R-really
>>
>>32914635
sort of. renouncing your Canadian citizenship will help, but getting free money from a foreign government is going to be a black mark against you forever. really comes down to how bad they want you and who's in your corner pushing it along. keep doing what you're doing and become awesome at what you do.
>>
>>32914711
I will, and I do plan to fully renounce my Canadian citizenship. I'm trying to figure out if I'm going to mame my chances even WORSE if I get this security clearance for the Canadian military job and then in 5-10 years renounce my Canadian citizenship and apply for american clearance
>>
>>32914798
a contract job won't hurt your chances, that's just a business transaction. just don't take a gov job where you have to swear a loyalty oath to Canada.
>>
>>32914840
I don't think it's a contract job, its literally a robotics research assistant job at their centre. I don't have enough experience to get contracted for anything. They require me to obtain a clearance
>>
>>32914874
having clearance won't hurt you, but if at some point they ask you to say something like "I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty...", don't.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.