[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only one who shotguns do nothing for? I can kinda get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: Model1100-AmericanClassic.jpg (150KB, 3572x610px) Image search: [Google]
Model1100-AmericanClassic.jpg
150KB, 3572x610px
Am I the only one who shotguns do nothing for? I can kinda get excited about one of the military semi autos but even those just seem silly.
>>
>>32912713
you're not alone. there is nothing exciting about them. I use them for hunting, and while I understand their offensive/defensive capabilities, it's still a niche role in those respects.
>>
To each their own I guess. I never hunted before but after shooting my first clays I want to go bird hunting badly.

Between operating the pump, recoil, wide variety of loads, and being inexpense I really love pump actions.

Modern bolt actions are the category that are meh to me
>>
>>32912713
Get a shotgun and buy some plastic lawn chairs and then come back.
>>
>>32912713
Have you used one?
>>
File: 1448421229490.jpg (805KB, 1783x998px) Image search: [Google]
1448421229490.jpg
805KB, 1783x998px
Shotguns are ultimate versatile guns. #6, #7 1/2, #8 shot are great for birds, and clays. I think the bigger ones are for geese, turkey, etc up to bucket shot, for deer, and big game Then Slugs, for reaching out far, for deer and big game.

Trap and Skeet shooting is the most fun I have behind a trigger. High action, high speed reloading. Takes a LOT of skill and practice.

I was sighting in my scope on a paper target at 100 yards. My buddy put a 12 ga slug right next to the bullseye I spend about 15 minutes closing in one, on his FIRST shot. I spent a dozen shots just to hit paper. How's that for out of box accuracy lol.

Everyone should have an 870 or moss. 500. And with an 18.5" barrel and 28" barrel. Big 5 sells the combo kits for like $300, $350 for the nicer wood models.

Shotguns are also the most fun to just BLAST shit with.
>>
>>32915440
sorry it was more like 60 yards. Found out my AR scope mounts were way too low that day, and was very frustrating sighting in that scope.
>>
>>32912713
I've only ever shot guns once with family (lol nogunz), but the shotgun was undoubtedly my favorite. It was an old double-barrel, though, so there was something cowboy-esque about it anyway. But where other guns put holes in shit, the shotgun ate chunks out of shit.
Just my personal experience. The recoil was also extremely satisfying.
>>
They're pretty cool desu
>>
>>32912713

many think "right tool for the right job" when it come to guns.

if thats the case, shotguns are duct tape. They do a lot of things fairly well.

only issues are ammo capacity, weight, and long range recoil.

people think that American pioneers always took rifles, but what I've read says that smoothbores/shotguns were more prevalent.

just research their history, development, ammo versatility etc.

hell, the aa-12 can fire 20mm grenade rounds full auto.
>>
I don't care for shotguns at all. They're good for bird hunting and that's it.
>>
>>32915577

ive taken deer, bear, turkey, rabbit, goose, duck, grouse, and pheasant.

sporting clays is hella fun and ask Bob Ollinger how they do against people.

call em niche or meme, but we've been firing "shot" from cannons, muskets, arquebus and even modern tanks have cannister rounds.

they're less niche than handguns or long range rifles because they are versatile by design
>>
It goes Chh-chh and it makes a loud pow
>>
>>32915577
Oh man this triggers me badly. You should just never come back to /k/ until you're no longer a faggot. ie. indefinitely
>>
File: IMG_1767-900x600.jpg (129KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1767-900x600.jpg
129KB, 900x600px
I don't care too much about shotguns but pic related gets me going every time because it's so fucking cool
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.