[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have an AR and really want to try hog hunting some time. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

File: wildlifeferalhog.jpg (2MB, 2532x1844px) Image search: [Google]
wildlifeferalhog.jpg
2MB, 2532x1844px
I have an AR and really want to try hog hunting some time. I've never killed anything before but just looking at their smug fucking faces makes me want to bring high velocity ultra violence upon them.

Having watched a few videos I have to say, that squeal they give in some videos does kind of bother me though
https://youtu.be/OUvj3ZZRpco?t=1m26s

What would be the best way to make them not do that? If I shot a hog and it started flailing all over the place and squealing would stabbing it in the neck a bunch of times stop it? how about smashing it's face with the butt of my rifle? or should i maybe use a bigger caliber than 5.56? I mean don't get me wrong I want to fucking kill these things because they are an invasive species and have really stupid fucking faces, but I don't want to watch something suffer for 30 seconds. I'm not that much of a psycho.
>>
>>32907975
Head shots with 77 grain bullets. Either right between the eyes or just behind the ears.
>>
>>32907975
You're retarded. Shoot it in the ear. If it's still flailing hit it in the ear again.
>>
Maybe if you slit its throat, hitting it won't work unless you hit it with a truck, just be sure to have a grill guard.

I usually carry a rifle and handgun. If one is still alive, plug it with the pistol a few times
>>
>>32907975
.308 with a lung shot, it won't scream for very long.
>>
>>32907975
>I'm not that much of a psycho.
you will be, just blast the fuckers

I like to run them down with my dogs and stab them to death
>>
I used my lever gat in 45 colt my first gig hunting trip here in Canada. I think they're much bigger to prepare for the winter but with 1 shit through the heart it ran maybe 50 feet before it died. 10/10 would go again
>>
>>32908030
>gig
Fucking hog hunting
God damn phone
>>
>>32908005
Yeah I guess. Currently all I have are two 9mm handguns but hopefully by the time I go hunting i'll have something bigger

>>32908009
>I like to run them down with my dogs and stab them to death
lmao I'm kind of disturbed at how much fucking fun that sounds

>>32907997
Good thing I got the 1:7 twist barrel then.
>>
>>32907975
As someone who grew up with no family tradition of hunting, I can tell you something I think is kind of important:

No matter how squicked out you are about hunting, the instinct is within you.

Nature is continuous screaming murder, and hunting is getting in touch with nature.

When I first went hunting, I told my buddy (who knew what he was doing) that there was a real chance I might cry. How the fuck would i know, maybe I would have. It would have been awkward.

I didn't and the urge didn't even occur to me.

Feral hogs are a foreign plague, it is moral to let them rot where they die.

Coyotes have to eat, too.
>>
>>32908168
>Coyotes have to eat, too.
let the coyotes eat. then shoot them too.
>>
File: IMG_0026.jpg (198KB, 727x825px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0026.jpg
198KB, 727x825px
>>32908168
Yes. Coyotes can eat
.22 caliber bullets, though.
>>
>>32908271
>>32908358

Point taken.
>>
File: IMG_0032.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0032.png
1MB, 750x1334px
>>32908415
Yup
>>
>>32908699
That's a nice hat collection
>>
>>32908699
Would drive slowly down a liberal down with that in the back of my truck.
>>
>>32908699
pests or just for fun?
>>
>>32907975
Try not using a varmint round for something that weighs as much if not more than you do
Use .30 if you want reliable insta gib
>>
File: IMG_0041.png (2MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0041.png
2MB, 750x1334px
>>32908789
Pests. I get around 130 each plus a fee from farmers that pay me to shoot them
>>32908786
I've posted my kills to some websites and got shit on before haha. I also do a lot of trapping, which I can actually qualify for a restricted weapons ATC permit here in Canada if I wanted
>>
File: IMG_0040.jpg (90KB, 668x637px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0040.jpg
90KB, 668x637px
>>32908753
I plan in taking one or two furs to the Hutterites to get made into some nice /k/lothing. /fa/ as fuck
>>
>>32908838
>>32908858
Call me a dickhead for not understanding but

A wolf? Really? Is there a reason? Shooting it with .308 is one thing, trapping it and leaving it to die is wrong.

Bitchrant over, but come the fuck on man. Have some respect.
>>
Never approach a wounded animal with a knife intending to kill it when you have a firearm instead. The only time that would be necessary is a situation like Red Dawn with the whole "never fire twice, they'll know where you are", and chances are that will never happen. Even if it does, we shouldn't be hoping for that because life is gonna suck.

Living creatures are never more violent and unpredictable than when their lives are threatened. If an animal survives a hit, don't fucking approach them. Shoot them. If you're not sure if they're dead, shoot them in the head.

If you're going to eat them, don't hit them in the body. Shoot em in the head. Don't eat brains unless you want to die from prion diseases (very very rare but 100% fatality)
>>
>>32907975
You have a tiny penis and nothing you can do will ever change this. I'm sorry.
>>
>>32908912
1.not a wolf, coyote are invasive after all wolves killed.
2.He is obviously collecting the bodies, probably took care of it after he snapped the pic
3.nerd
>>
File: 1486399179029.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1486399179029.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>32908936
HIDF pls go.
>>
File: image.jpg (449KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
449KB, 1920x1080px
>>32908936
Fuck off PETA .
>>
>>32909078
>>32909121
Samefag. And littledick.
>>
>>32908912
Lmao. That's a coyote you fuckin slicker. They kill hundreds of thousands of dollars in livestock just in my area of my province alone. You gonna pay for that faggot? If not then go shit up some other board. I suggest /LGBT/ but even they'd turn you down for being too much of a faggot
>>
>>32908912
And, to add insult. I also kill wolves. I don't go out of my way to do it but if they are engldangering a family near by or livestock, they get a 45 colt to the heart. I get 500 maplebucks per wolf plus I get to sell the pelt. Mad?
>goes to a hunting thread to get say pest control is bad
They're not majestic creatures you know.
>>
>>32908030
>giging a hog

fukinhardcore
>>
>>32910227
Well, a spear is the traditional method for killing boar
>>
>>32908358
black bloc killed an innocent coyote with an assault club!
>>
>>32908936
why are you obsessed about dicks that much
>>
>>32907975
Instead of being a oyster and hiding behind a fun like a little bitch why don't you u dun woop it's ass.
>>
>>32908699
this is your uber driver, am outside
>>
I used to hunt a lot of hog outside of Dothan and Ozark. Used to make piglet sized tiger traps to lure the herd in. Then I'd unload on as many as I could. Sometimes I'd cage one of the piglets and keep it around to fatten up and eat.

I'm thinking next time I go visit family, I'm going to set up snare traps and bait them, then mark them so hunters won't trip them.
>>
>>32908699
awe, sleepy puppers
>>
I wanna go hog removing one of these days. Looks like a fucking blast.

>>32908936
If you see a wild hog and don't kill it you should be put to the cross and flogged while you bleed out. Those shits are literally vermin. They're not native, you can't eat them, and they wreck tons of shit. They're 200 pound rats.
>>
>I want to kill things but I don't want to live with the consequences of killing things

Either you sack up and face the truth that the animal might not die immediately and let out a few death rattles, or you keep to shooting paper
>>
>>32912229
>you can't eat them
Incorrect, sure you can eat them. There are times of the year where it's not advisable though. The bigger hogs we get we will either take to sell, or clean and butcher ourselves, as opposed to dragging them to the edge of the field and letting them rot. It's slightly gamey, but it makes pretty good jerky.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.