[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

no guns here, if you shoot someone in self defense and the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: sw_pc_11.jpg (158KB, 799x604px) Image search: [Google]
sw_pc_11.jpg
158KB, 799x604px
no guns here,

if you shoot someone in self defense and the police take your weapon as evidence,
are you ever getting it back?
>>
>>32903719
Yes
>>
>>32903783
To elaborate. If it's a clear cut case of self defense, there will be no charges and you get it back. If there is some question, there may be a trial. If acquitted you get it back. If found guilty, no.
>>
>>32903719
Assuming it was a lawful shooting, yes.

Or at least that's the theory. I've heard horror stories about peoples expensive guns getting "lost" in the police lockup. I don't think that's very common though. When I was involved in a shooting they just took my gun, ran its S/N against the registry to make sure it wasn't stolen, and let me be on my way.
>>
File: image.jpg (117KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
117KB, 1024x768px
>>32903798
Thank you very much :)
>>
>>32903719

George Zimmerman did.
>>
File: 1485673368858.jpg (41KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1485673368858.jpg
41KB, 500x500px
>>32904085
>that file name
>>
>>32904085
YOU CAN'T FLIM FLAM THE ZIM ZAM!
>>
>>32903837
>When I was involved in a shooting
you know you can't just say that and not elaborate
storytiem now
>>
>>32903719
depends on the state, circumstances of the shooting and what youre charged with and found guilty/not guilty off. Generally you will, but it could take a long time (years).
there is a colt trooper in my dep.'s evidence locker from the 90s
>>
>>32903719
I'm more interested in if they clean them and store them properly.
A court case can, and probably will take months at the least, I want to know if they at least run a bore brush through it and wrap it in a rag before chucking it in some damp evidence locker.
>>
>>32903839
jesus christ thats nice
>>
>>32906531
They can't clean them. They're evidence.
>>
>>32903837
>>32906531
To prevent this you can request a receipt at the time of impoundment. No, they do not maintain your gun, a.k.a. evidence, or "clean it" for you. If it has DNA on it, it's sitting in a ziplock bag.

New Orleans police are notorious for confiscating thousands of legal weapons at gun point and throwing them all in an unventilated warehouse to rust. Most of them are still there and that was 2004.
>>
>Do you get your gun back?
Sometimes. Plenty of people had to fight to get their gun back after being cleared. Plenty more never get it back. Depends how shitty the local police are

>do they properly store it
Usually not. Their are pictures online of people getting their gun back with a fucking evidence number electro-penned into the receiver.
>>
How expensive is your lawyer?
>>
>>32903719
Cmon nerd, if for some reason you have to use your gun in a self defense scenerio, you ask for a receipt .
Ither it be the medic that takes you gun from your emotional stress after you get into the bambulance.
Or.
The cop on the scene..

they will know exactly what you are talking about and wont ask questions.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.