[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm debating whether or not I should get a Scorpion. Seems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 9

File: DSC05372.jpg (526KB, 1750x736px) Image search: [Google]
DSC05372.jpg
526KB, 1750x736px
I'm debating whether or not I should get a Scorpion. Seems well priced. Does /k/ own any scorpions? Any regrets?
>>
File: 1389931923787.gif (497KB, 370x263px) Image search: [Google]
1389931923787.gif
497KB, 370x263px
The carbine length version is fucking gay. You might as well get a bong pistol with a 20" barrel and shoulder thing that goes up.

Don't bother getting it if you're not going to sbr it. Really. Don't. If you aren't going to get a stamp you will waste a lot of money.

If you're getting a gen 1 with the weird threads, don't fucking worry about it unless 9mm recoils too hard for you or you already have a direct thread suppressor. The stock device is fine and an adapter is much cheaper than rethreading a barrel.

Be prepared to throw down another couple hundred to remedy shit that should have been fixed already. Stock is 160, the yeti works grip is the only one available iirc and thats like 60, you're gonna need to get some kind of aftermarket safety lever, probably a new mag release.

If you're keeping the stock picatinny handguard, get the manticore arms charging handle. It's longer and isn't as cum fart gay as the hb industries ones. If you're replacing it with the hb guard, which you probably should, keep the stock charging handle. Don't get both unless you're going to cerakote the charging handle for a little extra lubricity.

Don't fuck with the trigger springs.

Don't buy extra mags until manticore starts shipping their steel reinforced ones.

The stock front iron sight physically can't be screwed in enough to let me zero at 50 yards let alone closer. Ditch the iron sights and use that saved weight for a red dot. Don't do any kind of magnified shit because it hits minute of man at 100 yards.

If you're not going to do all of this, don't get a scorpion. Otherwise they're cool as shit.

gl hf pham
>>
>>32902394
Plenty of folks dig their Scorpion carbine.

Doesnt make you wrong, just putting it out there.
>>
>>32900834
I got a scorpion pistol. It's well made, accurate, easy to clean, built tough.
If I had it to do over again, I'd probably get the carbine so it came with a stock and 9mm out of a 16" barrel is kind of cool, quiet.
Just a stock CZ pistol with the irons, I only shoot as well as I can shoot a regular old handgun. So if you're like me you'll want to put an armbrace on it and then it will be as expensive as a carbine anyway.
>>
File: 93947407.jpg (3MB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
93947407.jpg
3MB, 4320x2432px
I got one that I SBR'd. The biggest downside it that you will need to buy some better parts for it. The stock trigger is almost 10lbs, and the grip angle on the grip causes your hand to rub against the safety selector, and the charging handle is too short, cause your hand to catch on the non-removable rail. All of this can be fixed with aftermarket parts, but just something to consider. Still need to get a new grip and foregrip for it, but it's still a great functioning gun, suppressor going on 9 months wait
>>
>>32904084
Nice, I don't have any issue with the trigger, it's as good as a basic stock AR trigger IMO and I've only had the safety be uncomfortable one time when I must not have been holding it regular. I have had the same experience with the knuckles dragging the rail when using the charging handle. That's not comfy.
>>
>>32904084
>The biggest downside it that you will need to buy some better parts for it
id have to agree. the right side safety and the CH can be improved with aftermarket parts. while youre at it, you might want to change the mag release to a paddle one (its very nice) as well.
its usable as is but the ergos and ease of manipulation are vastly increased with thtese parts.
trigger and grip would just be icing on the cake. i like the factory stock.
the gun itself is fun, its definitely a great contender for a PCC
>>
>>32900834
I love mine. But get thre rifle the pistol is not fun to shoot without a stock. And paperwork is still slow under Trump
>>
>>32906108
This is a new arm brace that is coming out later this year.
>>
>>32907586
Who makes it?
I tried looking it up earlier but didn't have any luck.
>>
>>32907586
That safety configuration is interesting.
>>
>>32907789
It's called the tailhook. Made by gear-something. Gearworks I think maybe.
>>
File: Tailhook_scorpboth.jpg (223KB, 1250x765px) Image search: [Google]
Tailhook_scorpboth.jpg
223KB, 1250x765px
>>32907807
interesting, thanks!
>>
File: scorpionnnn.jpg (2MB, 5203x1669px) Image search: [Google]
scorpionnnn.jpg
2MB, 5203x1669px
personally, I love my scorpion SBR. trigger is kinda mushy and all but it's a stock trigger so meh. hopefully i can pull a CMC trigger out at some time.
>>
File: 20161116_232427.png (2MB, 2064x1161px) Image search: [Google]
20161116_232427.png
2MB, 2064x1161px
>>32902394
Get lighter trigger springs and a flat face trigger. AK style safety too.
>>
>>32907834
I got a replacement trigger and spring kit from HB industries. Took it from 11 down to around 5 pounds
>>
>>32902429
A lot of guys like to suck dick but that doesn't mean it's not gay

>>32908333
How do you like your trigger failing to reset 20% of the time
>>
>>32910250
That's never happened even once.
>>
>>32900834
i own the pistol version, i really like it except for the fucking safety biting into your hand when you shoot it... now once you sbr it or just say fuck it and shoulder the brace (rip your dog), then the safety thing isn't an issue at all. it's a really fun sbr to shoot. I'm really glad I got this. I haven't tried the carbine length one though, I already own a few 9mm carbines so didnt feel like doing it again
>>
>>32911361
Me either, I've yet to have a single malfunction with the trigger or anything else on the gun
>>
It's a meme
e
m
e
>>
Pistol owner here. Just got my approval papers but need to decide for the stock between the manticore arms pdw stock or the Cz stock..
>>
File: untitled.14.jpg (53KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.14.jpg
53KB, 1200x1200px
>>32914824
This one? It's got cool factor, but every other firearm I've used these thin metal stocks on just makes me wish for a full size stock, IE yugo under folders or VZ 58. Just miss a proper cheek weld. I have the cz stock on mine, would recommend it
>>
>>32911361
i have the same combo and had the reset issue at first. HBi has a post about it on czforums. either the fcg needs to be reinstalled or one of the springs needs to be re positioned (i forget what that lighter spring is called). anyway, it was the latter for me and it fixed it right up. no reset issues since.
>>
>>32916287
I figured from the post he probably had an installation issue, that's the first I've heard of that issue and haven't experienced myself, but then again I had to have that welded screw drilled out by a gunsmith so I just had him install it for me
>>
File: 20170207_194516.png (2MB, 1824x1026px) Image search: [Google]
20170207_194516.png
2MB, 1824x1026px
>>32914824
The stock stock is the one to go with.

>>32916287
User error is probably right. I love how the gun or the aftermarket gets blamed for every dumb shit thing Bubba does. The fcg is annoying but still simple enough.

Here is everything I did to mine, 1st gen with the weird threads
HB Springs
HB AK style safety
Yetiwurks grip - 3d printed
Ergo grip plug
Parker Mt rear QD mount
Shooters Element flat trigger
Surefire X300 Ultra
SPARC II
HK style sling to use the sling ring it came with and QD in the rear
>>
>>32900834
You know if you squint right, it looks like an XM8.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.