[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Honest question, and I swear I'm not trying to sound like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 6

File: ksg-insta.jpg (2MB, 1250x1250px) Image search: [Google]
ksg-insta.jpg
2MB, 1250x1250px
Honest question, and I swear I'm not trying to sound like a gun grabber - what's the point of this gun other than a silly range toy? Compared to the normal KSG it's super unwieldy and heavy and compared to normal shotguns it's just heavy as fuck. Is there any situation where you need all 25 buckshot or slugs fired from a pump action?

It takes me about 20 seconds to unload 12 shots from my KSG, and the way I see it if it's not dead after 12 slugs I'm fucked anyway
>>
>>32894795
> I swear I'm not trying to sound like a gun grabber
Sounds like something a gun grabber would say

>what's the point of this gun other than a silly range toy?
wrong question to be asking
>>
>>32894795
>Meme-tec
I found your problem OP.
>>
>>32894795
All guns are silly ways of turning money into noise, even in the military. until the people around those guns needs them not to be.
>>
>>32894808
I'm not trying to make a case for banning it, I'm trying to make a case as to why someone would buy it as opposed to a normal KSG - the entire point of the normal KSG is that it's super compact and holds 12+1

something like this isn't compact
>>
Kel-Tec exists solely to make weird, sometimes effective shit and then never actually sell it.
>>
>>32894829
>I'm trying to make a case as to why someone would buy it as opposed to a normal KSG

If you don't want one or see the point then don't buy one. Simple. Move along.
>>
Nothing wrong with a range toy if you understand it's a range toy
>>
>>32894849
He isn't asking why he should or shouldn't buy it you autist. He is asking what the point of it is and what possible application it has.

The truth is that it has no real application. It's too heavy and unwieldy to be used as anything other than a range toy or a movie prop.
>>
>>32894849
okay, that doesn't answer my question - I'm trying to understand why someone would want one or their point in buying one. stop being autistic

if all it is is a range toy that's fine I just want to know if anyone thinks its more than that
>>
>>32894829
Some was saying it was lengthened for the European market (length restrictions) and they just decided to give it super high capacity because America/why not.

Not sure if true.
>>
>>32894875
>you autist
>>32894878
>stop being autistic

Oh no, the gun grabbers called me autistic!!!
>>
>>32894908
i bet you were the asshole that got open carry banned in texas
>>
Thing totally looks like a sleek bazooka in the thumbnail
>>
>>32894795
Because you can't contemplate that others may want to own things you don't. The world is larger than your limited view.
>>
>>32894878
You could probably shoot a lot of clays in one go. You can shoot a lot of 2Ls. Oh, and one main raisin people buy things, it's fun.
>>
I think you triggered everyone with your gun grabbing comment OP, you dont need to pussy foot around just ask the question

But yeah people are only going to buy it because it looks cool to them thats what the majority of gun purchases are about
>>
>>32894893
that makes sense, but I didn't think the european market was worthwhile for US gun makers
>>
>>32894795
It actually exists because of gun laws in Europe in regards to barrel and overall length requirements. Basically, it exists because of gun grabbers.
>>
>>32894795
what is this, a super duper KSG?

you answered your own question, it's just a silly impractical range toy, much like unstocked rifles masquerading as pistols
>>
Guns to men are like shoes to women. They don't need to be useful or even work very well if they are cool art.

Some gunners shoot critters for food and pest control.
Some gunners shoot or plan to shoot porch monkeys.
Some gunners punch paper.
Some just cosplay fantasy warriors and buy stupid shit.

It's all good for the firearms industry so I approve.
>>
>>32894917
wahhhhhhhh, people won't justify things to me, wahhhhhhhh
>>
File: call antifa i dont give a fuck2.png (391KB, 536x801px) Image search: [Google]
call antifa i dont give a fuck2.png
391KB, 536x801px
1. FUCKHUGE CAPACITY

2. IT WONT BLOW YOUR HAND OFF

its an improvement over the KSG imo
>>
>>32894941
I'd imagine they sell a decent amount of US guns over there. Popular stuff anyway, ruger wheel guns, M&P, maybe some colt ARs?

No idea about the actual numbers. But I guess they make some kind of effort to sell stuff in Europe.
>>
I don't see the point of pump-action shotguns that espouse high capacity as a selling point.

They're totally outclassed by semiautomatics, like the Vepr
>>
>>32894970
>2. IT WONT BLOW YOUR HAND OFF

I've never understood this problem with the KSG - I've never put my hand in front of the barrel after a hard rack, mostly because I'm not a fucking idiot

unless people are jizzing all over their hands and lubing up the pump right before shooting I don't see how you'd accidentally put your hand in front of the barrel at any point

>>32895001
most of it is because semi auto shotguns in the grab states have to be featureless
>>
>>32894795
You can shoot an entire round of trap without reloading. Fuck *all* the clays.

It's also still only as long as most normal pump actions, so it isn't that impractical if you really just wanted to be able to make sure you never, ever needed to reload in a home defense scenario.
>>
>>32895001
reliability. plus less legal restrictions.
>>
>>32895015
I believe it needs a very hard rack , and the handgrip broke off and the guys hand blew off.
>>
>>32895027
people mention reliability as an advantage, but my Vepr easily cycles all kinds of shells except for one specific kind of shit-tier winchester target shells.

the gas system also automatically adjusts based on the power of the load you're shooting, so you don't have to worry about that, either
>>
>>32894795
I wish it was semi-auto. At that length it would make a really cool, completely impractical mounted gun.
>>
>>32894795
Answer: none of your gid damn business. Fuck off kys
>>
>>32895060
I wouldn't consider the rack action to be particularly hard compared to the 500 I used to have

the handgrip breaking off I can understand, but why would you pull the trigger *after* you just broke the handgrip with a rack
>>
>>32894963
>Coming into thread centered around a question to tell the OP you won't answer his question.

This is how you tell someone's autistic enough to buy a 4chan pass.
>>
>>32895089
I'm imagining he probably pulled it reflexively
>be magdumping
>grip breaks off on the forward stroke
>hand continues forward
>pull trigger
>>
>>32895015
>I've never understood this problem with the KSG
Here is the "problem"
>Durr hurr Ima gonna dump dis hurr shitgun in ta dat durr empta field
>*proceeds to magdump*
>*Forward grip/rail section snaps off and they pull the trigger*
>*Blows hand off*
>Durr hurr it be da keltecs fault I'm stupids
Sure keltec could forever solve the issue by having it reversed like the neostead 2000 where the action goes forward and back rather than back and forward. Then again, just taking caution with the shotgun and not trying to mag dump would also be a reasonable solution
>>
>>32894963
>Being a retard
You sound like a boomer
>>
>>32895105
>comes into someone else's pro-gun home
>expects to not get called out for shitting the bed
>calls home owners autistic
>>
>>32895064
More shit to break, though. With a pump, if you can rack it, it will fire. Also, hi cap is more important on a tube mag than a vepr anyway due to reload times.
>>
>>32894795
Why stop at this gun, OP? Let's figure out the point of more guns! Let's ask around and make people justify why other guns exists as well!
>>
>>32895199
Great idea! Maybe we'll find some that don't really need to exist!
>>
>>32895181
okay so for the purpose of rhetoric lets engage in a thought experiment

lets say I made an AR design

I put three pounds of lead around the buffer tube to "stabilize" the gun and I make the barrel extra thin to save weight but its too light to be accurate anymore after it heats up

I get rid of the forward assist because assists are for faggots and I add a piston, but I put in a delayed blow off valve that vents the gas directly into the shooter's face anyway

I also add a second magwell to the top of the rifle so you can load it bren gun style if you really wanted to but it blocks your irons

Sure I have the right to make this gun or have people buy it but it's still worth asking why the gun exists
>>
this whole "guns r serious business" mentality needs to die.

guns are fun, plain and simple.
>>
europe
>>
>>32895255
Agreed. It's a very important question that needs an answer. In fact, all guns should be held to the same scrutiny. Maybe we could start a database where the answer to, "why does this gun exists" is stored?
>>
File: ksginjury.jpg (166KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
ksginjury.jpg
166KB, 768x1024px
>>32894795

Some people like the concept of the KSG with the longer barrel in a short package but don't want to deal with the issue of a possible accident. Pic related.
>>
>>32894795
its for hunting you faggot ass gun grabber
>>
Well if you really want to shoot a lot of shells at clays with less reloads I guess that could be fun. 3 gun matches maybe? Not sure about shooting sports regulations or anything but it could be an edge.
>>
>>32895312
sure we already have that

its called gun reviews
>>
>>32895358
Hey OP, Hammerknife says to go to gun reviews. It's got the answer to your question.
>>
>>32895015
The problem is they were using shitty airsoft front grips not meant for actual firearms usage.
>>
>>32895321
AYYYY
>>
>>32894795
They originally built it to comply with the regulations of some European countries.
>>
>>32895392
They make it to appease gun grabbers, then gun grabbers question why the weird version exists...
>>
File: 1472676713552.png (165KB, 639x462px) Image search: [Google]
1472676713552.png
165KB, 639x462px
>wants
its people's money, they can do what the fuck they want with it. 'b..but its dangerous" so would a fucking SUV, power tools, kitchen utensils, ect if I bought one and acted like an idiot with them. Yes guns have an added level of danger unlike those other things but again, millions of people own guns in this country and we're not stacking killing each other. Some collect them for history, some have the money to blow, some just like range toys

>need
some seriously NEEED a gun, it might not seem that way if you grow up in a city or town where all your needs are at K mart, but some people dont live that way and need guns for hunting (including food), their jobs, or protection. Even in cities or small towns, shit can happen anywhere to anyone and saying otherwise is ignorant. It might be a tyranical government or invading force (and I for one do think thats generally never going to be an issue but you never know) or running into a dangerous person or persons youd want the advantage over.
You dont want to own one fine, but dont act like somebody is crazy because they feel they need or want to own a gun
>>
>>32894795
>Honest question, and I swear I'm not trying to sound like a gun grabber - what's the point of this gun other than a silly range toy?
Being able to carry a shitload of ammo *in* your shotgun, just like a modern semi-auto rifle or service pistol. Also, a long 30" barrel that will greatly reduce muzzle blast while still maintaining an overall compact package.
>>
>>32894795
Because a sizeable portion of gun companies sales are derived from paranoid gearqueers who unironically look at thier normal shotgun and go:

"what! Only 6 round capacity!? What if I get into a prolonged firefight or have to clear a platoon out of a house! This will not do, I need atleast 20 round capacity otherwise I would never survive such a situation!!!"

And hey, power to em, but you are correct. The reality is that 99.9999% of gun owners will never so much as point it at somebody, let alone actually live out the power fantasies that led them to buy such an item. A standard pump shotgun will continue to do just fine for your average civilian needs as it has for the last century.

But its america and if they want to buy a ludicrously expensive weapon that holds more rounds than they would ever fire at something other than inatimate targets then its their right and leave em to it.
>>
>>32894795

That is the point. Guns don't need to have a utilitarian purpose.
>>
>>32895535
You know, I have an actual question.

Why haven't I heard of any company building replica antitank guns?
>>
>>32894795
25 hulls is one trap sheet. i go through about 100 hulls a session shooting trap or skeet.
>>
It was designed for the Euro market where they have more restrictions on length.

Also it's super neat.
>>
>>32895642
They likely feel that there isn't a big enough market to justify the cost of production.
>>
>>32895642
>>32895688
That plus anything over .50 cal is an NFA item.
>>
>>32895642
NFA items are always ludicrously priced, plus most gun companies dont actually posess the specialized equipment needed to build stuff that big.

Even if you could make it affordable theres no new ammo, the stuff there is comes with a $200 tax stamp, and a 6 to 12 month application process.
>>
File: FUCKING NORMIES.jpg (10KB, 324x325px) Image search: [Google]
FUCKING NORMIES.jpg
10KB, 324x325px
>>32894795
>I swear I'm not trying to sound like a gun grabber

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>32894795

>Is there any situation where you need all 25 buckshot or slugs fired from a pump action

I've done a shotgun stage which required about 40 rounds.
>>
>>32895642
Anzio Ironworks.

They aren't really reproductions but I'd consider 20mm to be an anti-tank rifle.
>>
I don't care if it's silly, I want one and have the disposable income for it.
>>
>>32894795
load it up with minishells and you now have an absolutely absurd ammo capacity. It's a novelty item more than anything else.
>>
>>32894795
More rounds= more fun

Also, you can probably take down a skinwalker with just one mag.
>>
>what's the point of guns

Kill yourself
>>
File: 4.jpg (93KB, 640x370px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
93KB, 640x370px
>>32894795
Regular KSG will blow your hand off due to you making extreme masturbation motion near end of muzzle. Pistol only makes worse because rail will break and hand will still go in front of muzzle.
The longer KSG pushes the muzzle out farther and prevents this.
>>
For the over all length of a conventional shotgun you have enough ammo for any gun fight, litteraly have a tube for 3" slugs and buckshot separate for what her you need and still have more than average capacity for a normal shotgun
>>
>>32894795
Keltec's response to all the retards who experienced the malfunction where they put their hand in front of the muzzle and pull the trigger anyway
>>
>>32894795
you could save a lot of words and just say "What is this gun for, besides just shooting things?"
>>
KSGs make the fudds and richfags at the skeet range lose their shit.
>>
Holy christ is actual autism.

He just wants to know if it's just an impractical gun and more of a range toy.

I guess all guns are good so time to buy a $350 50cal revolver for edc since all guns can shoot things and we can't acknowledge their roles.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.