[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Anon doesn't own an MG-42 !! >What!? How pathetic!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

>Anon doesn't own an MG-42 !!
>What!? How pathetic!
>I know right? What a joke!
>>
>>32889796
You can in Europe, my cousin has one we shoot when I go back.
>>
>>32889802
Ever pretend you're mowing down commies on the Eastern Front in 1942?
>>
>>32889809
Yes. All the time. In fact a few of my grandparents were in the Wehrmacht. The versions we have is not a real MG42 although I believe some were built with real parts. It's a Yugoslavian m53.
>>
>>32889816
>Yugoslavian m53
That would be more related to a MG34 than a 42'

Also, very cool to hear your grandparents were in the Wehrmacht. Respect.
>>
>>32889832
Ah sorry, admittedly I don't really know the differences but I thought the m53 was related to the MG42. In any case the thing chews through belts in seconds and really makes you feel like you're ready to take care of business. Yeah I wish I knew them, they changed their names and left Europe for other countries, probably due to them being Nazis. My grandparents that didn't leave joined the partisans so they wouldn't be tried and executed as fascists.
>>
>>32889796
You don't own one either, otherwise you wouldn't need to use a picture from google
>>
>>32889853
It's alright man, both the MG34 and MG42 were similar in many ways. They're both World War II Wehrmacht guns
but with the exception that the MG34 likes to be on a bipod and and have a slower rate of fire.

And yes, most nazis and fascists were hunted down after the war. It makes sense.
>>
>>32889864
what the fuck are you on about, the mg34 and yugo m53 is not similar at all, the m53 is a mg42 clone.

>MG34 likes to be on a bipod
what does this even mean,
theres many differences between the mg42 and mg34 but thats not one of them. milled/stamped, barrel change, select fire etc etc are the biggest differences, google shit before you spread your misinformation man
>>
>>32889864
Interesting, the one he has does have a bipod and it's attached up front by the muzzle. I'm a little conflicted with my grandparents, I appreciate their service but I'm hoping they weren't actually war criminals, but I'll never get to find out because my family lost contact with them when they had to leave.
>>
>>32889832
Dude, the yugo mg53 is a carbon copy of the mg42.
>>
>>32889884
>>32889893
Ah okay so I assumed correct with my original assumption. Is there any parts interchangeable between them?
>>
>>32889908
probably everything
>>
>>32889920
That's pretty sweet, was the MG42 ever able to accept those drum-like magazines?
>>
>>32889934
Yeah, I think so, there were a mounting latch on the mg3 in my squad back in the day so I'm pretty sure it'll fit
>>
>>32889969
Thanks for the heads up. Where you serve?
>>
>>32889980
norwegian infantry
>>
>>32889984
Where you from in Norway? I have family in Oslo and Bergen. I've always wanted to go there.
>>
Could someone explain the difference between an LMG and an assault rifle with a drum mag or a belt fed AR?
What makes it an LMG and why is it advantageous over a "high capacity clip"?
>>
>>32890034
lmgs are designed for sustained fire. incorporating shit like belt feed, quick barrel change, open bolt, heavier weight, bipods etc.
>>
File: Snapchat--2983257896174578174.jpg (379KB, 1080x1794px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat--2983257896174578174.jpg
379KB, 1080x1794px
Shot the mg3 when I was a conscript, its a piece of shit. Sure it shoots fast as fuck, but it keeps jamming despite how much lube you use, had a lot of them break due to malfunction, it's a shitjob to clean them. Also didnt help that it's technically a 2-people weapon, when anyone with half a muscle can use it on their own.
>>
>>32890093
>but it keeps jamming

shitty maintenance, ammo or parts.

>it's a shitjob to clean them
that's kinda true
>>
>>32890267
Mainly shitty parts I believe. We had an MG that was returned with a bent cover, obviously it fed wrong and completely fucked up
>>
You should probably rename your files before uploading them on 4chan.
/k/ is a board of peace but I personally wouldn't want everyone here to have access to any info about me, Marvin. This is 4chan afterall.
>>
>>32889809
Or putting acceleration holes into burgers on d-day.
>>
>>32890056
So there is defining feature? I've seen LMG pictures where the had drum mags I think and do they all have quick change barrels?
What about a takedown AR with a bull barrel and bipod, that's not an LMG right?
>>
>>32890093
>first time stripping the mg3
>reassembling
>nervous as fuck
>somehow manage to put in the rohrführungshülse the wrong way
>gets stuck
>Feldwebel is amazed, didn't know that was possible
>everyone having a good time but me

feels bad man
>>
>>32890767
Almost happened to me, first time we were practicing reassembling. >Accidentally put the bolt in upside down
>Lance corporal come over
>"well done Anon, now we'll have to melt the weapon, well done.."
>heart stops for a moment

Fucking ruse
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.