[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Be California. >In the market for a decent rifle. Anybody

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (5KB, 300x242px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
5KB, 300x242px
>Be California.
>In the market for a decent rifle.

Anybody have experience with the mini 14? Thoughts on synthetic stock vs. wood? Hoping to pick on up in the next couple weeks. Torn between that or buying a bolt .308 of some kind.
>>
>>32889070
They're fun to shoot, and a semi-auto 5.56 (new models)
From what I understand your shitty state is a bit limited on what they can buy with those two features. Alternatively spend $500 more and get an M1A.
>>
Overpriced and not as good as an AR or an AK

The only real benefit they offer is similar performance without looking as scary

And in that case you might as well min/max and go with wood furniture. Play on the gun's main strength and keep it looking like a hunting rifle

>I own a Mini-30, and despite objective criticisms I have of it, it is still my favourite firearm. intrinsic value is high. feels like a new production ww2 gun
>>
>>32889070
>california
>decent rifle
choose one
>>
>>32889105
I kinda of like the fact that the synthetic looks scarier. Might end up buying one of each though.

>>32889113
Yeah well this is where the fight is happening.
>>
>>32889070
I had a mini, ended up selling it, kinda regretted it. It's a fun rifle to shoot, especially if you live in a state like commiefornia. I'd only say you should either get the Ruger factory mags, or the (If I recall) Tapco mags. Don't get any from gun shows, every magazine I've gotten at a gunshow was literal fucking trash.

I may be in the market for one again pretty soon.
>>
>>32889165
>I kinda of like the fact that the synthetic looks scarier
I can only imagine what it would be like to live somewhere that a synthetic stock on a coyote gun makes people afraid.
>>
>>32889070
Look at the Ares SCR. It's a semi auto .223 gun as well, but it takes AR mags and uppers.

There's also the SU-16 which is about half the price of a mini-14.
>>
>>32889218
I appreciate the input but like I said the fight is going on here. It's nice that you have constitutional carry in Missouri or wherever. I live in an area of California that's experienced riots as a result of our electoral process working properly. A coyote gun is fine, I'll just send two down range. I have family in the Midwest and love it but things are different here right now.
>>
It's an okay rifle.
And as stated earlier in the thread, ONLY buy original Magpul and Tapco mags. ProMag is fucking garbage.
Benefit of the Tapco mag is that the floorplate construction makes it super-easy to fiddle around to make magazine extenders for it if you have a 3d printer.
>>
File: image.jpg (146KB, 738x395px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
146KB, 738x395px
>>32889070
W O O D
O
O
D
>>
File: mini14 explained.png (235KB, 1347x1204px) Image search: [Google]
mini14 explained.png
235KB, 1347x1204px
>>32889070
>>
>>32890027
Interesting stuff. Thanks.
>>
File: nb590.jpg?w=2400&h=&crop=1.jpg (59KB, 1024x412px) Image search: [Google]
nb590.jpg?w=2400&h=&crop=1.jpg
59KB, 1024x412px
>>32889070
Featureless is an option.
T. peoples republic of California citizen
>>
I live in NY and got a new 581 series blued/synthetic. It's a pretty nice gun, I have no complaints. Accurate enough out to 100yards, haven't pushed it past that yet, maybe today I will. The action can jar lose your irons if you don't crank them in well enough or use blue locktite. I've fired about 600 rounds through it since October and no issues. Just don't ride the bolt or you'll have a failure to feed. I'm gonna probably grab a red dot, accustrut and bipod but mostly just for me.
>>
>>32892198
Oh yeah and I bought three of the 10 round promags and they all feed fine
>>
>>32889070
You could go with a laminate stock, which sort of splits the difference between synthetic and wood. Laminates are durable, deal with water well and don't have cold weather issues like the cheaper polymers do.

>>32889275
With the right ammo you'll do okay. I can't see too many people shrugging off a good hit with a 77 grain Sierra Match King.
>>
>>32889070

My mini-14, thus far, has been 100% reliable with zero failures, jams, stove pipes, etc. Accurate enough up to 150yds. More comfortable / easier to shoot than any AR I own.
>>
>>32889070
fuck wood, the synth stocks weigh almost nothing.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.