[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does taller sights and a threaded barrel double the price

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1

File: FNX 45.png (2MB, 3016x1272px) Image search: [Google]
FNX 45.png
2MB, 3016x1272px
Why does taller sights and a threaded barrel double the price of an FNX?

I'd really like to get one of these, but the cost of being able to put a suppressor on is ridiculous.
>>
>>32883121
Dirty Belgian trickery.
>>
Your forgetting its also MRDS cut
>>
>>32883140
Oh no, a single extra machining action and a piece of metal to fill in that action, plus different plastic sights and a barely changed barrel design means we have to charge a whole 100% more for that version of the gun.
>>
>>32883162
They don't "have" to charge more. They charge more because they can. Welcome to the real world.
>>
Well for starters the standard's MSRP is $824, and the tactical can be had for $980 NIB, so I don't really know what you're comparing.
Tactical has night sights, which are an option for the standard but not included.
Tactical is cut and threaded for a red dot and ships with a sight mounting kit, plates, and screws.
Tactical ships with a fitted soft case, standard ships with a zip bag.
>>
>>32883299
>the standard's MSRP is $824
Everywhere I've seen them for sale they range from $550 to $775

>the tactical can be had for $980 NIB
From where?
>>
>>32883347
Supply and demand nigga, people want the version with all the work done for them and are willing to pay for it.
>>
The word tactical is on the gun too, thats worth $300 according to companies like Colt and Sig
>>
>>32883347
Got mine from tombstone tactical
Price varies over time but I got it less than 1k
>>
>>32883162
The extra features make it more desirable. This means that it can command a higher price. If you have a problem with this, you can get the basic version and have it converted for about the cost of the difference in price.
>>
>>32883121
Value is determined by the consumer.

They charge a fuckton. Consumers are willing to pay a fuckton.

I dont necessarily like it. But you gotta admit it's smart business, tapping into the tacticool faggot market like that
>>
>>32883657
Where do I go to buy a threaded barrel for a non-tactical FNX that apparently costs $500?
>>
FNX or CZ P01. Which is better?
>>
>>32883200
This. Meaning wait for more competition if you want lower prices.
>>
>>32883916
>compare a full sized .45 to a compact 9mm for me /k/

???
>>
>>32883968
eh he just said FNX he could mean the 9 or 40.

neither are better, one is better for you.

P01 will be heavier but smaller
>>
>>32883916
see: >>32883977
>>
>>32883121
>$699

Is that the .45? I like the tactical myself, but if the regular is cheaper I can get it sooner.
>>
Get an FNX45.
Then price out what the high night sights, threaded barrel, and MRDS cutout with cover plate will cost.
Add it up.
I'll wait.
>>
>>32883990
https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/78894/Firearms/Handguns/FN+Herstal/FNH+66960+FNX-45+15%2B1+45ACP+4.5

Yeah, I really want the threaded barrel though, it's not like I want to conceal a full sized .45 with 15 round magazines any time soon, so I thought I might as well be able to get a silencer at some point.
But not if that threaded barrel costs me the price of an entire second gun without a threaded barrel.
>>
>>32884001
>find out the price of a threaded barrel for a non-tactical FNX
>I'll wait

You'll be waiting forever. Such a thing does not exist.
>>
>>32883957
>Meaning wait for more competition if you want lower prices
Is anyone else even attempting to make .45 pistols with magazines bigger than 12 rounds? The only ones I can think of are the FNP and the FNX
>>
>>32883556
i have to agree. from the prices ive seen around $1k is the average price of the tactical model. $3-400 for a threaded barrel, taller sights, and slide cut for rmr is reasonable. you also get the canvas case (but im not counting that in price, its just a bonus).
try and get those things above aftermarket for less than $400
>>
>>32883121
maximum tactics require maximum jewage, anon
>>
>>32884070
If there's profit to be made, they'll come. The HPA would drop threaded barrel prices, red dot mounts will get cheaper as red dots get more popular, etc. I'm not entirely sure the demand is there for high capacity 45s, what with the 10mm resurgence and continued 9mm ammo developments.
>>
>>32884164
What kind of high capacity 10mms can I get for what kind of prices?

.45 is relatively affordable and readily available, and big magazines are super fun.
>>
>>32884050
http://www.efkfiredragon.com/fnp-and-five-seven-threaded.html
>>
>Threaded barrel
>milled slide for an optic
>trijicon sights
Allegedly a better trigger too
This shit adds up
>>
>>32884001
>FNX $699
>threaded barrel with black finish $275
>night sights $75
>putting a red dot on a pistol
>total price $1,050

So you pay $300 for a useless extra milling operation on the slide?
>>
>>32884187
EAA witness, Glock, double stack 1911s.
>>
>>32883162
>plastic sights
confirmed for never actually handling one. They use a green/amber tritium combo suppressor sight.
>barely changed barrel
Barrel lots have to go through a separate step for the threading in addition to being cut longer. Add the included thread protector.

The tactical line also comes with the nylon case, 5 total agazines, and 3 or 4 optic mount plates for use with leupold, trijicon, doctor, and one other I think. Is all that worth an extra $400-$500 dollars? Maybe, maybe not. But people are sure are willing to keep paying it as they keep selling.
>>
>>32884285
>tfw you realize you're an idiot and you just proved that it's 100% worthwhile

http://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/pistols-for-sale/LE66997
>>
>>32883811
EFK fire dragon is the only manufacturer, and they run about $350-400 for the FNX series.
>>
>>32884687
>5 total agazines
What the fuck? Where do you buy from to get 5 magazines?

Most place I've seen only come with two or three.
>>
>>32883384
SIG would call it "Legion".

>>32883811
http://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/fnx-gun-parts/67206-11
>>
>>32884830
Try $225
>>
Plain FNX45 - $600
FNX45t slide - $650

FNX45t pistol - $1000

Second full slide for $250?
Maybe
>>
>>32883121
ITT: poorfag cries about Belgian handgun prices. Got mine for $1100 New with 3 mags. Suck it the fuck up.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.