[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT we post SHTF lifehacks orideas we deem particularly smart

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 18

File: equipped for total failure.jpg (22KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
equipped for total failure.jpg
22KB, 720x480px
ITT we post SHTF lifehacks orideas we deem particularly smart in that scenario to help /k/indreds out.

Me: Forgo a regular pistol as a secondardy gun and instead use an AR pistol for ammo/mag compatibility, better range, better accuracy and better terminal ballistics. An AR pistol is not much heavier than a G17 with 4 mags which is a standard sidearm setup you'll find ppl use.
>>
>>32879359
The only problem with that is some people dont have the money to have a SHTF side arm. My EDC is what ill have during SHTF (For Sidearm). I only really have enough money to buy one pistol and one rifle if I want to do them right.

I think the reality is the side arm will be the most important part of a shtf set up. What are the odds of a real SHTF zombie situation? But what are the odds of Katrina 2.0? Slightly larger.

Me personally, I dont want to be walking around with full kit, lbe, ak47, and AR pistol, when my power goes for two weeks from a hurricane. But I do want my pistol.
>>
>>32879480
OP here.

SHTF means a whol lot of different things to a shole lot of people. But if you are already out with a rifle, a rig etc. because the scenario makes it necessary, you might as well use the best pistol you can which is an AR-pistol. Ofc, a G26 equivalent will always be the most important arm in most people's lives. But looking at the Ukraine and Syria conflict, handguns are more a fashion statement than anything else.

>ak47, and AR pistol

That kinda defeats the purpose. The AR pistol only makes sense if your primary is an AR too... you can not only use your primary ammo but also cannibalize your pistol to fix your rifle...
>>
File: 143314818783.jpg (162KB, 1200x1633px) Image search: [Google]
143314818783.jpg
162KB, 1200x1633px
bump
>>
File: kot.jpg (65KB, 411x412px) Image search: [Google]
kot.jpg
65KB, 411x412px
in SHTF you should be caring about food,water,hygiene and other people not gucci gear and other tacticool shit

>How to make water drinkable

>Filter it:
>fold a CLEAN piece of multiple times, then put a container under it, then pour the water slowly
>Boil it:
>Make a fire, boil the water for at least 30 minutes, then drink

>How to skin your hunted game

>Behead it
>make a deep vertical cut in it's belly, then start gutting it
>cut the limbs off
>around the hole of the cutoff limb, skin a bit under the fur
>keep skinning
>cut the meat into little pieces

This is supposed to be common knowledge basic boy scout shit yet 90% of preppers forget to learn the basic skills that keep them alive
>>
>>32879359
Focus less on guns and ammo. Focus on developing skills and knowledge that no one can take from you. Learning about local plants is probably one of the most useful things you can do.
>someone that actually survived a SHTF
>>
>>32879719
Does Home Despot carry clean pieces of multiple times or do I need to order some from specialty shop?
>>
>>32879759
shit, meant clean piece of cloth
>>
File: 8UXt0S6.jpg (765KB, 1504x2964px) Image search: [Google]
8UXt0S6.jpg
765KB, 1504x2964px
Having 1337 operator skills means little in an actual SHTF.

Because look, there will never be a Fallout style wasteland where 99% of the population is dead and there is zero society. You wanna know what a real SHTF looks like? Russia in the 90's. Balkans during the 90's. Katrina, but without FEMA. SHTF will not be a complete anarchy; humanity abhors a vacuum. It will be a patchwork of hundreds of smaller societies, such as gangs and warlords and communes. Think feudalism, but without a high king or religion, and the "knights" are paid with bullets or women by their lords rather than with land.

In this framework, being a tactical operator is not the end all be all. In a Feudal system, the poppy that grows the tallest is the first to be cut. What really is the most important is having skills that are in demand, and thus make you valuable WITHOUT being considered a threat to the current order. You can be robbed of all your possessions, or taxed to oblivion by a warlord, but your skills and knowledge can only be destroyed, never taken. You want to incentive the system to keep you and your family alive by providing more added value to the new economy alive than dead. Examples:

>medical services
>distillation of alcohol
>machine work
>auto/electronic repairs
>gun/ammo production
>construction/engineering knowledge
>drug making
>chemical synthesis
>farming techniques
>knowledge of energy generation

Sure, knowing how to defend yourself and having the means to do so will be important in SHTF, as well as having a stockpile to get you through the first crucial months/year, but it means nothing in the long term if you can't actually produce anything of value. See pic related.
>>
File: elmex-Zahngel.jpg (103KB, 209x538px) Image search: [Google]
elmex-Zahngel.jpg
103KB, 209x538px
>>32880157
>Having 1337 operator skills means little in an actual SHTF.

OP here. No, it means everything. You can have all the preps you want, even an Elysium tier medbay, all that emans nothing when a guy with a 38special shows up and shoots you in the Head. Guns, ammo and skills to use them are the first thing in a cascading chain of things you need.

Pic related is a high flouride tooth paste used to treat beginning tooth decay/ache. Decaying teeth can kill you really fast. I've used it a few times and have a stash of 10 for SHTF among other medicines. I carry 1 tube in my 3 day combat pack even.
>>
I don't know how true it is for other countries, but if you need local knowledge, check secondhand bookstores. They will often have books specific to that area for things like botany, gardening, native plants, hiking tracks and nature parks, local geology, etc. which have filtered through the community and that new bookstore simply don't have.

>>32880157
>dat pic
One of the nice things about living in Australia I suppose, it'd be impractical to be besieged, the perimeters are ten times larger than a European city.
>>
File: 1458059317196.jpg (60KB, 500x487px) Image search: [Google]
1458059317196.jpg
60KB, 500x487px
>>32880354
>this is what mall ninjas unironically believe

Yeah sure you can shoot robbers
But you can't shoot sepsis, or infections or cutting woods
you speak like 99% of SHTF is gunfights but i bet you don't even know the basic treatment of a gunshot wound

your top priority is knowing the basics of survival,hunting and first aid using, THEN comes elite operating.

just get some weekend training from a private class and you'd be better than about 99% of robbers at gunfighting, maybe because robbers aren't exactly seal operators
>>
>>32880354
Yeah no shit. Did I ever say that guns or training was worthless?

My point is that SHTF is not a action-packed adventure where you slot floppies all day in your short shorts with your $2000 FAL and everything else just comes after. You need to actually provide added value to the new society/economy that will inevitably spring up, lest you have to be that status-less robber in order to survive.

Speaking of which, I doubt that many individual robbers will actually exist after a year or so. Most will be killed off in firefights or stave to death, while the lucky ones will probably work in dedicated gangs that extort protection money.
>>
>>32880354
>guns and ammo are more important than water and food

This is what gearqueer niggers actually believe
>>
>>32879359
You know, "comin in wit dat Draco" doesn't work as a sidearm. They don't make SMG holsters you dumb nig.
>>
>>32880157

Pic was an interesting read, are there any books about similar IRL survival situations?
>>
>>32879359
The dust that covers aspen bark functions as sunblock to keep the sap from flowing too early in the spring. It works as sunscreen too.
>>
>>32879359
I kind of went the opposite direction. My old plan was slap my CZ on my hip and sling the AR as a primary, but I've decided to stick the CZ in a bag and wear my PPS. I'm figuring the AR will be my go to weapon and I would rather my sidearm be easily concealed if need be.

Now that I type that I'm rethinking it again... If I'm carrying an AR I guess there isn't much point in hiding a sidearm... Time to go shuffle my gear around again I think.
>>
>>32880448
>But you can't shoot sepsis, or infections or cutting woods

really? No shit. Did my prepping with the tooth paste in >>32880354 imply that's what I was hoping to do, shoot sepsis? Strawmen mate.

>you speak like 99% of SHTF is gunfights but i bet you don't even know the basic treatment of a gunshot wound

I know getting shot requires hospital tier medical care. I EDC an israeli bandage. I have a medical bag with all kinds of shit including an IFAK with Chelox stuff next to my fire extinguishers. Despite all that, without you being a trauma surgeon, your argument is invalid - can you fix an arterial bleed?

>your top priority is knowing the basics of survival,hunting and first aid using, THEN comes elite operating.

ok
>>
File: aks holster.jpg (135KB, 1010x837px) Image search: [Google]
aks holster.jpg
135KB, 1010x837px
>>32880494
>They don't make SMG holsters you dumb nig.

1st, holsters for rifles are called slings. 2nd, pic related, AKS did come in holsters and you can easily make one if you so wish.
>>
File: 1472301247086.jpg (242KB, 495x600px) Image search: [Google]
1472301247086.jpg
242KB, 495x600px
>>32880546
not the anon you were talking to
>ifak pouch
you're not going on a 2 hour raid, you're going to stay for a long time without medical help, you're gonna need alot more than that if you expect to protect your hygiene and self from diseases and infections.
>>
>>32880658
Why do you ppl always argue against strawmen that are only in your head in these threads? I said I have a first aid (duffel) bag that I even used a few times. My medicines are stored elsewhere because they have nothing to do with acute trauma.
>>
>>32880500
Curious about this too
>>
>>32879719
>make a deep vertical cut
Isn't it supposed to be a shallow cut, so you don't rupture it's guts, thereby fucking up the meat?
>>
>>32879719
>first step in dressing game
>"behead it"
>this is supposed to be common knowledge basic boy scout shit
So why the fuck did you get it wrong?
>>
>>32880817
1st step would be to let it bleed out as much as possible and even compress the heart CPR style a few times...
>>
File: 1485641894260.jpg (28KB, 541x545px) Image search: [Google]
1485641894260.jpg
28KB, 541x545px
>>32880710
what do internet organs have to do with the meat? that's how i always did it

>>32880817
that's how i used to dress squirrels and rabbits to eat them, and it works.

>>32880546
>without you being a trauma surgeon, your argument is invalid - can you fix an arterial bleed?
That's what soft armor is for.

but you must know what to do if someone drowns, gets burned, gets stabbed, breaks a bone, gets shot in a non-vital area, etc etc
because your bug out back will eventually run out of food and water, and you must know exactly how to get them. and tactical operating can't get you food (unless you plan on eating bullets,or become a bandit yourself)
and you can't treat diseases with bullets (unless you plan on suck starting your rifle as soon as you catch an infection or a frostbite)

So like i said earlier, a week of training is more than enough to be able to fight robbers off
and your #1 priority is STILL to learn skills that help you gather food,water and avoid diseases or wounds and treat them
>>
>>32879359
>loose the pointless pistol and grab yourself two ars!
you would die first friend
>>
how do you make a fire
>>
>>32880839
No you dumb faggot. First step is to gut it.

When you remove the guts, you remove around 70% of the total blood in the body at once and open up numerous major arteries to allow everything else to drain (basically every inch of and connection to the aorta starting at the brachiocephalic trunk and ending at the inguinal and femoral arteries, and the entirety of the vena cava all the way down to the inguinal and femoral veins

Once you have it gutted you skin it from the neck down. If it's large game this is easiest accomplished by hanging it from the neck. Once it's skinned remove the legs at the knees and elbows (at or above, be veeeeerrrrrryyyy careful about any scent glands right below the knee, good way to ruin everything is nicking one of them). Limb loppers work great on deer, antelope, and elk, pruning shears or EMT shears for coyotes and down.

Once it's skinned and de-legged, *then* behead it.

Now quarter it and begin meat processing.

ONLY EVER HANG MEAT TO DRAIN/"AGE" IF YOU CAN GUARANTEE IT WILL NEVER EVER GET ABOVE 40 DEGREES. It will spoil, and if it's dressed properly and in a timely manner is largely pointless. You can dry-age steaks later if you so desire.

>>32880885
It's far easier to skin them when the head is still attached, but is a viable method for small game (cottontail and down, jackrabbits/hares are generally too large).
>>
>>32880885
>what do internal organs have to do with the meat?
Pop the stomach, intestines, or bladder and you've introduced both bad tastes and bacteria to the meat. Hence why he's saying make a shallow cut, as the first guy was implying you just straight up shank the gut.
>>
>>32880918
To expound on this:
>hanging whole or halved carcasses to age
You want them in a dry covered area that will remain between freezing and 40*F. Any hotter and it will spoil, any colder and it will freeze and not do anything. If temperatures are right, meat will age properly for up to 20 days (but will eventually spoil), although anything past 3 days is well into diminishing returns. Animals that are gutted and skinned rapidly after being killed really don't see much benefit from this.

>why you gut animals rapidly after being killed
1. You get all the nastiness contained in their intestines/stomach/bladder/gallbladder out. Rupturing these will both impart bacteria/protozoa (especially if predators) as well as horrible flavors. Bile from the gallbladder tastes like someone started a tire fire in your mouth and is all but impossible to wash off the surface of the meat but isn't actually dangerous. Fecal matter from the lower small intestine or large intestine can kill you if you get it on the meat and not thoroughly cleaned off. Urine just tastes bad unless whatever you killed had a UTI and is easily washed off, but annoying to deal with.
2. It cools the carcass down as you're both removing mass and more than tripling the surface area of it. This greatly extends the spoil time.
3. You're making the carcass lighter and thus easier to transport.
4. You're removing the majority of the blood in the carcass just through the gutting process. This further extends the spoil time, reduces weight, and reduces potential gaminess of the meat.

Animals are easiest to process when they are cold but not frozen. Chilled meat cuts easily and cleanly and doesn't seep nearly as much interstitial fluid, reducing mess and making it easier to see what you're doing.

There are multiple excellent youtube videos on this, as well as an entire episode of Meat Eater dedicated to it.
>>
>>32880885
>That's what soft armor is for.

No. Arteries run in your thighs and arm too and you ain't wearing soft armour there unless you are wearing in IOTV setup. Are you? And even then, you legs will not be armoured.

>but you must know what to do if someone drowns, gets burned, gets stabbed, breaks a bone, gets shot in a non-vital area, etc etc

That'S jsut feelgood hogshit mate.

>because your bug out back will eventually run out of food and water, and you must know exactly how to get them.

And the above mentioned knowing how to bring a drowned guy back does that?

>and tactical operating can't get you food (unless you plan on eating bullets,or become a bandit yourself)

ok.

>and you can't treat diseases with bullets (unless you plan on suck starting your rifle as soon as you catch an infection or a frostbite)

ok

>So like i said earlier, a week of training is more than enough to be able to fight robbers off

lol

>and your #1 priority is STILL to learn skills that help you gather food,water and avoid diseases or wounds and treat them

well in that case I hope you didn't get to much into debt getting you medical degree....
>>
File: 1.jpg (112KB, 900x577px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
112KB, 900x577px
>>32880926
i've been eating filthy meat all this time? ew, fucking hell.

>>32880915
>Make some tinder
>Find a medium piece of wood, make a small hole in it (like pic related), then put the tinder under the hole
>Get a stick and put it into the hole, then use the hand drill method
>>
>>32881004
99% of this post was memes
>>
>>32879359
Interesting idea.

May I propose the counter-point that this is stupid, and you are likewise stupid?
>>
>>32881011
you'll need to cut a v notch into your drill board so more air gets to your tinder. I'm afraid you never used that method to actually make fire.
>>
>>32881055
>99% of this post was memes
"arteries run in limbs" is a meme?
>>
>>32881065
I did but it was extremely hard and time consuming

is there any simpler (easier) method anyway?

>>32881071
that's why i said 99%

you're basically saying
>veins run into your limbs so trying is useless unless you're a trauma surgeon, so let's ignore first aid skills and not make a priority anyway :^)
>>
>>32880885
>but you must know what to do if someone drowns
Bury them? Drowning means they fucking died m8.
>gets shot in a non-vital area
Gunshots, as with almost all penetrating wounds, require skilled surgical intervention. Especially in a field/"SHTF" environment. Unless you are a surgical MD, there's really not much you can do besides cover and get them to a surgical MD.

I advise carrying 2 different first aid kits: A "boo-boo" kit, and a blowout kit. If you use anything from the blowout kit at all, they need to get to a hospital as fast as you can get them there.
>the boo-boo kit can stay in the house/car/bottom of your backpack/whatever, as by definition it's pallative/preventative care and not critical care shit
Also keep shit like immodium and NSAIDs in it, explosive diarrhea and fevers can kill you if left untreated but only require skilled medical care in the most extreme of circumstances (or if left untreated for a long time).
>>
>>32881105
>is there a simpler/easier method anyway?
Carry a fucking quality lighter with you?

I mean Jesus Christ, Bic's been producing disposable lighters for 60 fucking years. They're everywhere, the last a long goddamn time, they're durable and reliable, and they're cheap. Keep a stubby in your pocket and an unopened 3-pack in your glove box or armrest. If you have a BoB keep a fistful of them in a ziploc bag in the lid pocket. And have several in your junk drawer at home.

In good, sheltered conditions a full-size Bic lighter will light 25,000 times, and when it *does* eventually run out of butane you can salvage the flint from it so you don't have to mess with a goddamn bow drill.
>>
>>32881105
>is there any simpler (easier) method anyway?

depends. bamboo fire saw is an easier way but needs bamboo. friction fire is ass. better bring a lighter and a tampon.

>you're basically saying
>veins run into your limbs so trying is useless unless you're a trauma surgeon, so let's ignore first aid skills and not make a priority anyway :^)

No. I said I carry an israeli bandage EDC which indeed has a tourniquet built in. First aid skills are a thing requiered of anybody who even ash a drivers license. The problem is, an open fracture etc. will kill you in situation that ppl here consider SHTF. Ppl are dying of much less than that in the Ukraine/Syria.
>>
File: 1480181546536.jpg (3KB, 238x195px) Image search: [Google]
1480181546536.jpg
3KB, 238x195px
>>32881125
>Gunshots, as with almost all penetrating wounds, require skilled surgical intervention. Especially in a field/"SHTF" environment. Unless you are a surgical MD, there's really not much you can do besides cover and get them to a surgical MD.
Not the anon you were talking to, but as much as i've read, gunshots if not placed in a vital area, can be treated by stopping the blood, washing the wound and dressing/closing it until it heals
>>
>>32879359
>Forgo a regular pistol as a secondardy gun and instead use an AR pistol for ammo/mag compatibility, better range, better accuracy and better terminal ballistics.
So are you saying that you want to carry 2 AR's? or Just get 1 AR and put it into pistol configuration?
Either way, it sounds retarded.
Plus, having a pistol sidearm isn't a regular thing in the corp. Officers carry sidearms, riflemen carry rifles.
>>
>>32879518

Let me bust your bubble. AR pistols suck in anything other than 300blk. why? ballistics dude. there isn't enough barrel for full powderburn. not enough powder burn means low velocity. low velocity means low spin. low spin means low gyroscopic stability. AR pistols in 5.56mm and 7.62, etc. have unstable bullet flight, making them less accurate than most pistols, useless at range, and with really underpowered rounds that flip and keyhole.

at least in 300 the round gets full powder burn at 9 inches. it's actually designed to work in an AR pistol type weapon. that way when you add a suppressor the whole thing is still a reasonable size.

not to mention, an AR pistol as a side arm sucks because it goes against the whole point of a sidearm. what are you doing to do? wear a bigass ar pistol in a holster, on your belt? you realize how heavy that thing would be hanging there compared to an actual handgun? they're actually very impractical to use as a sidearm.
>>
>>32881154
since this whole SHTF scenario is based on "what if's", lets me ask you something: what if the lighter is lost?
>>
>>32881171
Attempting to close the surface of a puncture wound outside of a sterile environment and/or without professional-level debridement is a surefire way to develop a life-threatening abscess.

It can be done in dire circumstances but is extremely risky.

And even relatively minor venous bleeding takes a long goddamn time and a compression bandage to stop. It could be days before the wound has clotted enough to even attempt debridement when all you have on-hand is first-aid stuff (this includes tourniquets, clotting agents like celox or quikclot, and israeli dressings), which runs a serious risk of reopening it, and is days too late to have any serious reduction of infection risk. There's a reason why in a surgical setting they don't even wait for it to clot, they clamp shit off and immediately debride.

If at all possible, any gunshot wound anywhere you cover/compress and transport.
>>
>>32881180
>So are you saying that you want to carry 2 AR's?

yes, basically. you could have the same buffer tube on the pistol as on your primary so when the primary goes tits up, you could slip it's stock on the pistol AR too. Or if there is a problem with the BCG of the primary and you have time, you can just put the pistol BCG in there.

>Either way, it sounds retarded.

BC you didn't think it through.

>Plus, having a pistol sidearm isn't a regular thing in the corp. Officers carry sidearms, riflemen carry rifles.

It's a regular thing in the tactical/prepper community.
>>
>>32881201
That's why you carry a bunch of them.
>1 in your pocket
>a fistful in your pack
>3 in your car
If you manage to lose upwards of a dozen lighters in 3-5 different places at once, you deserve to die for being monumentally retarded.
>>
>>32881201
have multiples, shit buy in bulk, theyre valuble trade items.
>>
>>32879816
look up homemade big berkey
>>
>>32881194
>gh powder burn means low velocity. low velocity means low spin. low spin means low gyroscopic stability. AR pistols in 5.56mm and 7.62, etc. have unstable bullet flight, making them less accurate than most pistols
The vastly extended sight radius and ease of optics mounting means you shoot them enough better that this is a moot point. Especially when you throw the "not a stock" braces in the mix.
>useless at range
Even from a 7" barrel, 5.56 retains enough velocity to expand a bonded softpoint to 130 yards. That's more than 5x the effective range of most traditional handguns while giving significantly better terminal ballistics than most service handgun rounds (9, .40, .45, .357sig, .38spl). Extend the barrel to 10.3/10.5" and you're pushing your effective range to 200+ meters with that ammo. Factor in your lightly-built varmint bullets that expand down to below 1500fps and you have terminal performance out to 300m.
>and with really underpowered rounds that flip and keyhole
I have a 10.3" AR pistol that I've shot to 300m, I have never seen any evidence of flipping or keyholing with any bullet I've shot, which range between 40gr and 77gr. And it's a 1:8 barrel.
>>
>>32880157
shit, I should tell my friends that live out west to become hippy drug barons. They grow shit that got the ones grandmother who had cancer able to eat, and get up and use the bathroom. she said it was like the good lord lifeted it from her soul.

and having a kennel raising hunting or MWD breeds would be great for protection, and feeding yourself.
>>
>>32880885
>what do internet organs have to do with the meat?
They provide important nutrients and fats you may not get otherwise. Also remember a full grown man active man requires 3000ish calories to maintain form. In general you don't thrive in the wild you just survive until help comes.
>>
>>32881367
you'll need a 3:1 ratio of calories from fat:protein to live in a low carb dietary setting like you'd be facing if you have to live of naturally occuring food sources like fish, game, some berries and nuts.
>>
>>32879759
Most craft stores carry some. Make sure you get the CLEAN stuff, not the raw or boiled kind. Raw multiple times draws finches like you wouldn't believe, and boiled tends to poll up when worn in conjunction with breeks.
>>
>>32880462
how long do most reliable 1st hand sources claim it takes to get to that point int shtf? I've heard it claimed around 6-9 weeks till warboys sorta of shit.
>>
File: 1484415785353.jpg (27KB, 380x591px) Image search: [Google]
1484415785353.jpg
27KB, 380x591px
1) Go camping for extended periods of time during every season of the year.

2) Gain skills and see what equipment you need and don't need.

3) Add a firearm to your equipment and learn to maintain and fire it accurately - SHTF kit is ready!

>>32880354

The bandit is not always there. Someone can watch your back without operator skills easily.

Hunger, cold, lack of sleep, disease etc. are always present. Even a group of 100 people is helpless if they can't manage to live outside.
>>
>>32880500
there are a few about the balkan craziness, and after ww2.
>>
>>32881435
Pretty much every major SHTF scenario of the last 75 years had bandits as a prevalent and recurring theme for the duration.
>still common in Kosovo, which as been ongoing for 19 years
>very common for the duration of the Bosnia/Herzegovenia conflict, which lasted 3.5 years
>single largest threat for the duration of Katrina, which took months
>single largest threat for the duration of the Haiti earthquake, which is still being cleaned up
>single largest threat throughout the duration of WW2 for anybody not a uniformed soldier (perps were frequently uniformed soldiers though)
>still very common in Iraq and Afghanistan with the sectarian militias and infighting, or the drug gangs
Turns out your average street thug is pretty bad at killing things, and when their opponents are also average street thugs you get a lot of shooting and collateral damage without much dying.
>>
>>32881435
I'm yugoslav and that pic is vastly, vaaaastly exaggerated. My uncle was hit by a wave of shrapnel from a mortar or artillery round but lived. He was fat as fuck though, 200kg. That probably saved him. He says occasionally he'll still shed pieces of shrapnel while showering as they make their way to the surface...
>>
>>32880354
Water, food and shelter are the first things you need in a shtf scenario.
>>
>>32880500
Take it with a grain of salt. Word going around the various forums is that it's mostly been debunked.

My take on it is, the guy had some experiences and heard about the rest from other people. A little editing, some cut and paste, now he has a dandy narrative to help sell his line of products.
>>
>>32881510
>Water, food and shelter are the first things you need in a shtf scenario.

No. You can live for 3 days without water but you can live for 0 seconds with somebody else's bullet in your head. As you go looking for water, food and shelter, you best have your guns on you.
>>
>>32881543
You'll get a bullet in your head when you walk around outside while you search for a shelter nutty fuggy
>>
>>32881543
Ja, drei Tage ohne Wasser aber nach der zweiten Nacht liegste nurnoch rum.
>>
>>32881686
War ja nur überspitzt daher geplaudert. Dass du 2 Flaschen Wasser neben deinem Camelbak stehen hast versteht sich von selbst imo.
>>
File: protip-red.png (13KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
protip-red.png
13KB, 200x200px
Ok.

Pro TIP:. I'd your sleeping bag taking way too long to get warm? Piss in a bottle and put that in your bag near your feet. It'll warm up a lot faster.
>>
File: IT Programmer.png (384KB, 456x436px) Image search: [Google]
IT Programmer.png
384KB, 456x436px
Pro TIP:. Rub shit on the outside of your MREs. Guarantee noone will steal them but the food is safe inside. So your safe. ;)
>>
>>32879359
Drink your own pee
>>
>>32879624
I didn't know Steven Seagal was in Arizona.
>>
>>32881155
>open fracture etc. will kill you in situation that ppl here consider SHTF
that shit will kill you now, if you get too much dirt and shit into it, or the shock of having it cleaned.
>>
>>32882091
I know. It did almost kill me in 2004. I slipped and fell down a crevice. My left leg slid between two rocks and my tibia snapped. The pain of that knocked me out cold for a few minutes. Luckily, the rocks and the place I fell into were able to supprt the leg and myself enough to not tear my leg off. I came too a little later with a massively swollen leg. I barely managed to crawl out of there and call for help.
>>
>>32881859

I need to start peeing on my possessions. Actually I need to pee on my doorknob.

Im getting this desperate for privacy.
>>
File: 1460428846526.jpg (122KB, 556x872px) Image search: [Google]
1460428846526.jpg
122KB, 556x872px
>>32879719

Go hunt a thick doe and try your technique. I'd love to see those cuts and your family die of dysentery.

Fucking cityfags/suburbfags.
>>
>>32882170
i was working with an steel building errection company where everyone i worked with was on heroin, when one guy was on top of the roof for unknown reasons.

he falls off the roof and breaks both of his legs and his right arm all in multiple places. he made a noise like the work tulip!!!! and passed out.

everyone freaked the fuck out, and were like dont touch him, so i rolled him on his back and made sure he had a clear airway, since he was puking like a geyser. ambulance got there and the EMT's freaked the fuck out too, and siad I was the one who saved him, people with compound open fractures start shitting,pissing and puking from pain.
>>
>>32879359

That is dumb and you have no real combat experience.
>>
>>32879759

>home despot
>>
>>32879624
this fat fuck wouldn't last a week.
>>
>>32882227
>>32882227
yeah. I had only one bone broken mind you but it knocked me out cold. I guess it may have been for 10 minutes but could have been more. Docs said it must have been more and I was lucky I didn't loose the leg.
>>
File: 1484915779689.jpg (41KB, 587x581px) Image search: [Google]
1484915779689.jpg
41KB, 587x581px
>>32879624
my kebab ass would double tap this guy without hesitation
>>
>>32882247
>this fat fuck wouldn't last a week.
most SOF dudebros look like this.
>>
Make the enemy think your camp is boobytrap even if it inst
>>
>>32882266
It'd be the last thing you do before you get an express ticket to your god
>>
>>32882262
he only survived because he had enough heroin in him, to not feel if he was hit by a bolt of lightning.
>>
>>32879624
>that piggynose
>no jaw
>weak beard growth
>skull shaped like a butt

is this a LARPer or just an American?
>>
Also consider a .22lr rifle like a ruger 10/22 for small game and a bush gum.
>common round
>very small round
>can kill a human being if need be
>excellent for small to medium game
>>
>>32882764
>Also consider a .22lr rifle like a ruger 10/22 for small game and a bush gum.

I'd go with a conversion bolt for that. saves weight.
>>
>>32879359
A pistol calibre carbine and pistol or simply a rifle and pistol in same calibre would be a better setup, the former especially in an urban environment. In that case a submachine gun like a grease gun could even work well with a pistol
>>
>>32882877
no. SMGs are 80s/90s tiere and went the way of the dinosaur for a reason. 556>Alle

> a rifle and pistol in same calibre

thats what OP suggests.
>>
>>32880157
>2017
>posting fake picture stories
>>
>>32880157
>numbers=strength

That may be true but one person with good knowledge of the terrain, trapping skills and a good gun can take out 5+ groups of shitty bandits easily.
>>
>>32882217
>thick doe

Why hunt it when you can tame it with your cock?
>>
>>32882454

It's a LARPer
>>
>>32879719
Water only needs to boil(rolling boil) for 10 minutes at most.
>>
What's the biggest animal .22LR could reliably kill?
>>
>>32879719
Water only needs to boil(rolling boil) for 5 minutes at most.
>>
>>32882454
Both.
>>
>>32879359
You can actually boil water in a plastic bottle, or even a styrofoam cup, if need be.
>>
>>32884447

Elephant with a head shot.
>>
>>32879359
loot all the toilet paper first
>>
File: 1475573618422.gif (3MB, 359x202px) Image search: [Google]
1475573618422.gif
3MB, 359x202px
>>32881201
>2 is 1
>1 is none
Have more than one, BICs or a small fire starter isn't big.
>>
Sorry what exactly are you guys asking for? Gust general pointers for a shtf situation?
>>
>>32883643

Problem is that shitty bandits won't be the problem. LEO, Soldiers, and other trained individuals will be.
>>
>>32879359
statistically the only deciding factor in any firefight is which party has better cover. all those gross motor skill reload drills you do are basically just you playing soldier like a child. you might as well play airsoft. real combat is determined by hundreds of factors that are mostly out of your control
>>
>>32882862
Disagree. If you have one AR and some caliber conversions and something critical on your AR breaks you are done. If you have a separate 10/22 at least you still have a 10/22.

Unless you pack around enough spare AR parts to replace anything in which case you are pretty much packing another gun around anyway.
>>
>>32879719
>boil the water for at least 30 minutes
>at least 30 minutes

Your water has boiled away you dumb fuck unless you are boiling a 55 gallon drum...
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.