[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"The SA80A2 is the biggest weapon related issue for the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (68KB, 431x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 431x250px
"The SA80A2 is the biggest weapon related issue for the British army"
Discuss
>>
What specifically about it is an issue and according to whom?
>>
The biggest Weapon-related issues the british army has, lay with the men shooting them, and not the actual sa80a2
>>
>>32878897
>>32878955
>posting in a bait thread
>>
>>32878892

Considering /k/ hates the British, they sure do love to discuss them.
>>
>>32878978

It's where the gun enthusiast community and military enthusiast community cross paths with some /pol/ mixed in.
>>
>>32878978
/pol/ hates niggers and Jews but loves discussing them.
/r9k/ hates normies but loves discussing them.
/v/ hates mobile games but loves discussing them.
I suppose you've heard the phrase "internet hate machine"? That's this.
>>
File: 1485626169319.jpg (22KB, 500x396px) Image search: [Google]
1485626169319.jpg
22KB, 500x396px
>>32878892
they fell for the bullpup meme
>>
File: IMG_5291.jpg (77KB, 699x485px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5291.jpg
77KB, 699x485px
Out of interest, what does /k/ think the next British army primary weapon will be? Will they fall for the bullpup meme again? Or choose something even more laughable?
>>
>>32879129
They won't change to a new platform until there's an actual advantage to doing so. As in, something that isn't a chemically propelled 5.56 projectile at all.
>>
>>32879141
I heard they were getting rid of the sa80's in 2025 though?
>>
>>32879129
>>32879141
>>32879180

I've heard that procurement is completely fucked. It has to be domestically made and seeing as we don't have any major domestic producers anymore I don't see how that can happen. Unless BAE buy someone especially for the contract. Which what they did for the refurb of the SA80.

If it does go to someone external then it will most likely be HK themselves, either the 416 or the new 433. It could go to LMT as they are making the AR10's the Army are currently using and Kiwis have the defender. I'm willing to bet it won't be bullpup.
>>
>>32879129
Most likely the L85 will be used by other-arms for the next 20-30 years while infantry will slowly be equipped with an AR of some sort, possibly C8s, within the next 10-15 years.

There's no money to outright replace the service rifle, so it may be that either the replacement is split between who 'needs' it and who doesn't or else it will just be an operational thing with units on readiness or tasks that would see them deploy being equipped with a new rifle and have it taken off them when the duty rotates to another unit; which is what they do with the DMR.

>>32878955
That's true, no one shoots enough and outside of isolated individuals and there's really no importance placed on good marksmanship. Most people just pay it lipservice, including chain of command, as just another MATTs that they actually have to book something for.
>>
>>32879129
An AR-15 based caseless bullpup made by H&K
>>
>>32879009
>/v/ hates mobile games but loves discussing them.

You've never really been to /v/, have you.
>>
>>32879129
The M4/M16

So yeah, something pretty laughable.
>>
>>32878892
Who are you quoting?

Why are you?

It's well known that the bong L85's outperform most of the rifles troops across NATO are using. From what other anons have said here, the main problem with it is the weight.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.