[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Norway has chosen TKMS to supply their future submarine repl

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: Type 212 U-34.jpg (2MB, 3000x1999px) Image search: [Google]
Type 212 U-34.jpg
2MB, 3000x1999px
Norway has chosen TKMS to supply their future submarine replacement for the Ula class.

Four boats of the Type 212 class, in addition the Germany navy will order an additional two. Beating out DCSN offering the Scorpene and Saab Kockums with the A26.

http://www.defensenews.com/articles/norway-joins-forces-with-germany-to-procure-new-submarines
>>
>>32874357
Good news. Norway has a long tradition of using Germans U-boats
>>
Good times for TKMS. Might be able to bag the Polish and Dutch tenders too.

Deliveries for Type 209/1400s to Egypt and Israel ongoing (Dolphin) and Singapore (Type 218SG) on the books.
>>
>>32875000
>>32874357

These things must be retardedly cramped inside.
The long thin shape of newer german designs must be shit for crew comfort. French and Swedish subs seem a little fatter
>>
File: HMS Vengeance .jpg (75KB, 593x447px) Image search: [Google]
HMS Vengeance .jpg
75KB, 593x447px
>>32875061
They have small crews and aren't intended for long missions.
>>
>>32875061
Type 212 subs are smaller by design, more for local warfare than patrolling around the globe.

The Scorpene and A26 share similar displacements and design philosophies.

The Type 216 offered to Australia is a much bigger boat.
>>
I wonder if Kockums will ever make an export sale again.
>>
>>32874357
Still pisses me of that we've seen such reductions in numbers of our sub forces. Every sub-guy ive spoken with praise the 212-choice, but at the same time point out that 4 subs will leave just 2 for actuall patrolling, while one is in work-up and one in maintainance somewhere. 6 total seems to be the wanted minimum
>>
>>32875000
>and Dutch
NO WE WANT NICE SUBS
>>
But on the bright side, they are Thyssenwerke. Mein Mann!
>>
>>32875061
That part you can see on the top is the small part
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.