[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I sold all my AKs, and bought a PTR91 and a few other things.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 1414448190602s.jpg (5KB, 140x250px) Image search: [Google]
1414448190602s.jpg
5KB, 140x250px
So I sold all my AKs, and bought a PTR91 and a few other things. I now regret ever selling my AKs as I love the platform and I miss making custom stock sets. Should I sell the PTR to buy another AK, seeing as there is so many more models available now?
I just miss muh sharkfins.
>>
File: thumbnail_20161009_184153.jpg (415KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
thumbnail_20161009_184153.jpg
415KB, 960x1280px
>>32873729
No just buy another ak.
>>
>>32873729
>So I sold all my AKs

THe fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>32873811
I'm a huge faggot.
I couldn't afford to shoot much and I went through a massive depression due to a ton of things going on in my life. Didn't have time or money to shoot.
So I decided to buy a PTR which is even more expensive to shoot.
common sense is lacking.
>>
>>32873811
>>32873797
Not OP, but what's a decent AK I can buy for under $600?

I like the look of wood and bakelite together. I also like plum furniture.

So far I've read to avoid IO century arms and DDI.. I know WASR 10s are out there but I'm wondering what is better about them over what I just listed.

To be noted, I'm just a casual shooter and want as many types of firearms as possible, I'm not dragging these things through the woods or puddles of mud. Just bringing to the range to have fun with.
>>
>>32874295
>whats better about them
Well they work and last so much longer
>>
File: 1406767810169.jpg (59KB, 500x446px) Image search: [Google]
1406767810169.jpg
59KB, 500x446px
>Selling guns
>Ever
>>
File: thumbnail_20160723_152709.jpg (625KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
thumbnail_20160723_152709.jpg
625KB, 960x1280px
>>32874295
Stay clear of IO's. Post 2008 WASRs are a good ak for what you're looking for.
>>
>>32874326
>>32874322
Okay thanks, although I see on some random forums/YouTube stating that IOs are actually fine.

The price tempts me but for whatever reason I actually hold the opinions of anonymous shit posters on a thai cooking forum in high regard.
>>
>>32874377
I've seen pins walking out and crooked sight posts on them quite often. Buddy of mine had both those issues.
>>
>>32874393
Think it might be worth it to wait and see if prices go down and relations improve with Russia for something better or is it wise to go straight for the WASR now?

Sorry for all the questions.
>>
>>32874377
Fuck IO. Look at the AKOU. They have zero problems calling any manufacturer on bullshit.
>>
>>32874440
It's all good, better to ask questions now then suffer later cause you bought a shitty rifle. I wouldn't hold my breath too long for sanctions to be lifted. There's plenty other options that are just fine. If you have to tools (press) I would suggest building your own, if not just go with a wasr that's probably your best bet.
>>
>>32873729
I've got one for you.
Build an AK kit.
That shit is about as fun as possible because you get to enjoy assembling the firearm you'll be using and you are your own QC so if you fuck up and it's a piece of shit it's your own fault.

But it'll be one of your favorite guns to shoot because it'll be your baby.
>>
>>32874295
for a bit more, you can get a new WASR from tombstone tactical with free shipping
>>
>>32874481
This is exactly what I've wanted to do for years, however I live in an apartment and do not have the space for a 20 ton press (i know they arent big) but I live with my fiancee and two dogs. As well as having no real space to cut/grind/drill metal.

It saddens me that I haven't yet built my own.

I did however build a Mac10 at my last job. That was a fun project.
I painted it like a nerf gun too for maximum retardation.
>>
>>32874516
It's not that big.
And a regular bench top drill press can is all you need.
You could disassemble it and store it in a fairly small box.
Same for the press. Also, the presses can be used for work on a car, so that gives you a good reason to have one.
A twelve ton one works just fine.

You can do most of the riveting with a regular tool steel bolt actually.
>>
>>32873729
I kind of relate. I sold a century d63, Serbian m85, and wasr10 for a arsenal sam7sf, mags, and other shit...My wasr was a good one. I miss it.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.