[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much does a good trigger help? I am building my first AR15

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (314KB, 794x589px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
314KB, 794x589px
How much does a good trigger help? I am building my first AR15 and I have the cash to shell out for a Geissele trigger.
>>
>>32871018
>How much does a good trigger help?
With what?

It's pretty essential in competitions where every small bit of speed and accuracy counts.

It's not a big factor in combat or plinking.
>>
>>32871128
Accuracy and groupings. Say I was to give 2 AR15s to a shooter, one with a regular mil-spec trigger and the other with a Geissele. Is it safe to say the one with the fancy trigger will be more accurate if everything rlse is the same?
>>
>>32871259
Largely depends on the skill of the shooter. A good shooter with an off the shelf ar will be able to outshoot a novice that has a decked out gun because the good shooter has the skill to do it.

You C A N N O T buy skill. Save the money by buying ammo or go to a carbine class taught by someone like Kyle Defoor. You can then buy a geissele trigger if you feel like it's the next logical step of increasing your performance. I've seen countless times where people have all these tricked out glocks and ar15's but they are lacking severely in the accuracy department. And I mean lacking like a motherfucker.
>>
>>32871018
If you have cash for it get the SSA-E, you won't be disappointed with the purchase. Huge difference from mil spec trigger
>>
>>32871259
>Is it safe to say the one with the fancy trigger will be more accurate if everything rlse is the same?
Yes.

The question if it's worth the price and that depends on what exactly do you plan to do with it, as I said before.

If you are not an experienced shooter with at least tens of thousands of rounds shot and several times more dry fire practice, you will be better off buying more ammo.
>>
>>32871436
It's for HD, although I plan on taking classes with it. The trigger I'm looking at is the Geissele SSA. I know $200 is a lot to some people but I do have the money for it.
>>
>>32872458
>It's for HD
I really don't think a good trigger is going to make much of a difference in a home defense situation. Honestly I don't even think you would be able to notice a difference.
>>
>>32872458
If it's for HD just stick with a mil spec trigger. They are not the best but they always go bang when need to.
>>
>>32872545
If I decide to do 3-gun or shoot at longer distances, will it help me just a bit? I'm not expecting the trigger to make me good, rather, I want it because then I have nobody to blame but myself if I'm a poor shot.

Also, is it possible for people to get "ruined" by good triggers? Like someone shoots a high-end 1911 well, but they can't shoot a SD9 or M&P as good because of a shitty trigger.
>>
>>32871018
If you want to drop the cash on the SSA, I think PSA is running a special where you get a lpk and anderson lower free with the trigger. If you hate the trigger, sell it and you've got a lower and lpk still.
>>
>>32873233
>If I decide to do 3-gun or shoot at longer distances, will it help me just a bit?
Depends on just how good you are.

There comes a point when you are skilled enough that a bad trigger holds you back and you could do much better with a match trigger.

Basically it's not that a match trigger makes you a better shot, it's that a bad trigger can de detrimental if you are a good shot already.

It's definetly becomes important in long range shooting and competition, but not something I would think about when getting into it.

>Also, is it possible for people to get "ruined" by good triggers? Like someone shoots a high-end 1911 well, but they can't shoot a SD9 or M&P as good because of a shitty trigger.
You can definetly get used to it too much if it's the only thing you ever shoot. Not that you will become a crap shot with all other guns forever, but it might take some practice to get used to non-match triggers again. Kinda like with cars.
>>
>>32873370
Woah woah woah. Got a link?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.