[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pistol Shooting General Just wanted some input from /k/ on pistol

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: 141204-M-PJ201-242.jpg (195KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
141204-M-PJ201-242.jpg
195KB, 640x360px
Pistol Shooting General

Just wanted some input from /k/ on pistol target practice.

Do you shoot lots of rounds once in a while or a mag or two once a week? Or some similar comparison of shoots lots a little or shoot a little lots because little or a lot will mean different things to anons with different income.
>>
File: IMG_4506.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4506.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
I have been shooting 2 mags of 15 twice a month. I can afford to do this year round.
>>
File: 1485285661811m.jpg (124KB, 648x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1485285661811m.jpg
124KB, 648x1024px
I typically shoot once or twice a month (pistol) and go thru about 200 rounds an outing
I nig around with a 40 s&w so ammo is relatively cheap
>>
>>32870556
when I go to the range I put at least 100 through my 1911 cause i'm a binge shooter.
I just recently got back into handguns because I always hated them since when I learned the dude at the class forcibly made me teacup after I told him multiple times that it was really fucking uncomfortable, and it ruined handguns for years for me.
captcha: gunn truck
>>
Typically shoot 150 rounds every range session and go at least once every two weeks.

You can get a lot done with only 50 rounds.
>>
>>32870556
Handguns are boring to shoot. Once you've got a few thousand rounds down range, you've pretty much mastered them all if you've used a modicum of effort to practice fundamentals. What would you like to know OP?
>>
>>32871652

so go compete and deal with having to shoot weakhand while leaning over a barricade.
>>
>>32872095
Still not hard if you put in the practice. Shooting in general is boring. If you want to debate technique, that's more interesting and more /k/'s forte.
>>
>>32872119
Then go become a steel challenge or USPSA or Olympic pistol champ, buddy. You definitely haven't "mastered" pistol shooting in 3k rounds.
>>
>>32870556
300-400 rounds per week, combined, across 3 pistols.
>150 of which are in a league at my gun club
>>
>>32872162
For general practitcal use? Yes mastered. For autism competition? No.
>>
>>32872200
So basically you think you're good but cant even hold a candle to the top competitors in a small and casual sport. That's like saying I mastered running with a 6 minute mile or I mastered weightlifting with a 225lb bench press.
>>
>>32872200

then maybe go because it's fun.

i'm a shitty D-class shooter and i still have a blast.
>>
>>32872241
Yea m8. Don't stop until you've caught them all and have finally become the Pokemon Master(TM).
>>32872243
Sure. I'll try it out. Just saying you can learn most handgun skills in a few k rounds if you're not retarded. Especially nowadays with so many video youtube resources. Any more than that is just fun blasting, unless you go full autismo for competitions or military.
>>
>>32872297
>being really good at things is autistic
Literal middle school attitude.
>>
>>32870556
300 9mm rounds per person per range trip. One person every week, others every other. Plus some .308, plus some .223.

If you shoot less often than once in 2-3 weeks - you start losing it. Don't take my word on it, save your targets and compare the groups.

And I'm not talking about shooting slow - that skill, once gained, is practically indestructible. I'm talking controlled pairs and Mozambique drills, plus draws and reloads. Use it or lose it.
>>
>>32870817
>You can get a lot done with only 50 rounds
that's four mags, 12/12/12/14. I can expend that much in less than a fucking minute, into a 2" hole at twenty feet, and I don't even dare to call myself proficient.

>150 rounds
>every two weeks
quadruple that, then we might talk about progress, not just keeping your skills where they were two weeks ago.
>>
>>32870556
About once a month. Usually 200 rounds per, handgun only.

I'd like to shoot more frequently, even with less rounds per session. Sadly, range fees or gas+travel time to public land make it more economical to make less frequent but longer trips.
>>
>>32871652
>boring
he must be slow shooting .22s

>>32872162
what he says. By 3k you're just getting to feel it.
>>
>>32872172
That's my kind of nigga.

>league
elaborate?
>>
>>32871652

As opposed to rifles which are even easier to shoot well? Are you an archery faggot or something?
>>
Average twice a month. 200-250 rounds each trip.
>>
>>32873108
Unless you load mags to only five rounds. Makes ammo go a lot farther.
>>
File: BEEBEEE.png (82KB, 326x209px) Image search: [Google]
BEEBEEE.png
82KB, 326x209px
I go twice a month usually.

300-400 rounds each time.

One time a sat down and fired 1K rounds in one sitting through a brand new P320.
>>
I've been trying to go every week, and renting a gun every time at the range. I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to use for my CCW, what fits my hand well, etc. I guess I run through about ~100 rounds a trip, all in all?

I'd shoot more for pure target/drill practice purposes, but since I'm trying to pick something out, I'm thinking and evaluating the feel of the firearm every time I take a few shots.

I warm up with a couple mags of .22LR.
>>
>>32873424
>renting
>paying rental ammo prices week after week
>being so indecisive
Go buy a gun, aim it at your head, pull the trigger.
>>
>>32870778
>I just recently got back into handguns because I always hated them since when I learned the dude at the class forcibly made me teacup after I told him multiple times that it was really fucking uncomfortable, and it ruined handguns for years for me.

Pls think and proofread b4 posting
>>
>>32873458
What's awesome is being at a range where it isn't actually all that expensive to go rent a few guns, and actually having the money to do so.

Stay poor, Poverty-chan!
>>
>>32874162
How much? Range fee, ammo per box, gun rental, etc. Tell me where if you feel like it too.
>>
starting from zero to little experience, what drills or practices should I start off with?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.