[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/ newguns here. Over the summer I got my first handgun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: WIN_20170203_05_03_48_Pro.jpg (182KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20170203_05_03_48_Pro.jpg
182KB, 1280x720px
Hey /k/ newguns here.
Over the summer I got my first handgun after a lifetime of being in an anti-gun family. Bought a home in NC that was abandoned and found a couple boxes of 9mm ammo in a trash pile. They've been out and open to the elements for the past 3 years. Just wondering if they'd be safe to fire or if I should toss em.
>>
>>32867389
Look at the head stampings. Are they all the same?

They might be someone's shitty reloads they threw out after they had a double charge that blew their gun to shit.

If they're factor ammunition though they're probably fine.
>>
>>32867389
They should be, most dangerous case with those could be a hangfire, and most likely dud or a jam.
If your handgun is steel frame, it should not harm you anyway.
>>
>>32867389
I wouldn't risk it. They have probably had a lot of water on them, etc. You will probably get a lot of duds and possibly hang fires, which are super dangerous.
>>
>>32867389
Just put them in the oven for a bit to dry out the powder and they should be fine.
>>
Yeah they all say "9mm luger R - P".
>>
>>32867389
Considering I've literally fired 50 year old 357mag ammo that was sitting all green and corroded in an old leather gun belt, I'd say they're fine. It actually takes supernatural powers to "ruin" the shelf life of ammo.
>>
>>32867399
ignore this dramatic aspy. No hangfire will last more than 20 seconds so just keep that shit pointed down range. Even then, there's like a 2% chance of a hangfire. Moisture damage is, for all practical and prudent purposes,a myth.
>>
>>32867397
Polymer, I got the SD9VE for my first gun.
>>32867399
dubs don't lie. I got plenty of practice ammo anyway.
>>32867402
Shouldn't I hit them with a hammer to knock any water loose?
>>32867410
Half of them are green and corroded while the other half just appear faded.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I'll just put them in the trash and not risk damaging my gun. Have a good one.
>>
>>32867421
That's the problem. No one waits the 20 seconds with muzzle pointed down range. They always eject it, often into their hand to see why it didn't fire. I always cringe when I see someone inspecting a round that could potentially be a hangfire and go off in their hand at any second. KEK
>>
>>32867389
>fishing for ammo in the trash
/k/ - not even once
>>
its less than $10 new, put it in a slingshot and shoot it at a brick wall.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.