[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>go to range >"no rapid fire (more than 1 shot every

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 198
Thread images: 26

File: 1482347556275.jpg (34KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1482347556275.jpg
34KB, 400x400px
>go to range
>"no rapid fire (more than 1 shot every 3 seconds)"
>turn 360 degrees and walk away
>>
>>32859517
>go to range
>they rent out a gatlimg gun from the 1880s
I like my gun range.
>>
>>32859517
This is unironically good for SSAA ranges here. Most only let you load one round at a time and my local banned me from bringing anything without wood furniture.
>>
>>32859689
>my local banned me from bringing anything without wood furniture
Really? There are fuck ton of bolt action fudd special rifles that are synthetic though. Even "muh remington 700."
>>
>>32859517
>go to range
>rules say no rapid fire
>no RO present to enforce the rule
>do it anyway
>>
>>32859517
All the ranges around me (DFW) have fudd rules
>Must wait 3 seconds between shots
>HP or SP ammo ONLY, no FMJ
>Standing not allowed on rifle range
>$18 range fee before taxes
>Only goes to 100 yards
>>
>>32861176
>>Standing not allowed on rifle range

This rule, along with rapid fire is the make or break when looking to join a gunrange
>>
》goto the_range
》Currency hourly_rate = 18.0
》exit (1)
>>
>>32862230
That's why you get a membership, dumb fuck. You're not supposed to pay hourly rate, that's for the peasants that come to the range once a year and rent a gun to prove to their apathetic wives that they're not complete limp wristed pussies.
>>
>>32859517
>No iron sights on 200 yard range
>>
>>32859517
Haha, idiots.

>local range is bro-tier
>allows everything except actual Full auto (and only because they have auto target ranging)
>they dont want you to hit the automatic ranger
>they have up to x51 to rent
>AK's and AR's
>allow up to .50 ball
>no AP or API tgough, in any round
>thats reasonable though, as they use a mixture of rubber (or it looks like it at least) and steal, then a 10 ft concrete wall behind that
>allows quick drawing practice after you show compatancy
>can't shoot tge kid next to you's foot
>also, most RO's are LEO or ex-Military
>so they are happy to give pointers and mini lessons for free
>especially if it's a rule violation, they teach you instead of yelling at you
>still dont let you break it, though
>but the women that work there
>oh mah gawd
>i could come just by looking at them too long
>i dont even know where they've come from, most girls around here that are hot are too young for me or are taken
>saw some guy showing his 6-7 yr old son how to shoot his S&W 500

My range is pretty cool
>>
>>32862330
>other range, though, is SUPER fudd
>only LEO or military allowed there, except by appointment
>$35 range fee
>if not LEO or military, can only use rented guns and ammo
>have to have an RO with you at all times when shooting
>cant shoot automatic
>the fastest firing gun they have to shoot is a Garand
>yell at you for shooting it too fast
>it all makes sense, they built it LITERALLY IN THE MIDDLE OF A SUB-DIVISION
>fucking idiots
>theres Police there 24/7 practicing
>all the counties in a 3-4 county radius in all directions use it
>several cities use it
>the FBI use it
>DHLS
>I've seen some suits pull out CIA Lanards there
>the SS branch here uses it
>the place to go if you're a fucktard or LEO
>did i mention no one is there unless by appointment?
>that makes sense as to why you have to have an appointment
>except on weekends, theres someone there 9-4
>wow, gee thanks
>the bro-tier range just opened up 2-3 years ago
>felt bad before
>now it feels good to shoot and not be judged by an old fuck or the 5-0 next to you

If anyone knows what range i'm talking about, im sorry.
>>
>>32861176
Sounds like Alpine to me. It sucks that Alpine is like 5 minutes from me, but is the most fudd range around.
>>
File: 1392651355460.jpg (43KB, 389x500px) Image search: [Google]
1392651355460.jpg
43KB, 389x500px
>>32862230
>》
>>
>>32861176
>>Standing not allowed on rifle range
But why?
>>
>>32859517
>only public range near me is indoor 25y pistol range that charges $25 an hour
>next month joining private club for $250 a year with 300 yd rifle, pistol and trap/skeet, no ROs, can do whatever the fuck I want (within reason)
March can't come fast enough brehs.
>>
>>32862469
cuz only dem soldiers do that an we only have durr rifles an' huntin' stances here none a' dem killin' guns boy
>>
>>32862266
Membership is $170 a year and after that it costs $9an hour. My old range was 220 a year but the n you could shoot for free as much as you wanted. Only other ranges are rod and gun clubs, membership only, need 2 current members to vouch for you
>>
>>32862456
▶Simpsons
▶2017
>>
>>32862514
>Membership is $170 a year and after that it costs $9an hour.
>Membership fee
>still an hourly rate
Nigger my local range is $150 for a year and I can be there 8 hours every day for the next 365 if I wanted and not pay a dime.
>Only 1 100 yard range tho
>>
>go to private range with member
>short-distance pistol plinking range with metal targets, sign up saying "no high power rifles there"
>rifle plinking range, anything goes except if you shoot full auto, must either be firing from a red line close to the berm or shoot with tripod
>regular pistol, sighting-in rifle range, regular rifle range
>competition range
>no RO ever
>no bullet restrictions
>police come by to practice and are okay but bad shots.
>one shot himself in the foot in the parking lot
>another shot over the berm and into the door to a house

Is this normal for private ranges? You pay dues to just avoid the extra security measures because the public (aka idiots) won't be there and a RO is not necessary?
>>
>>32859517

>be me
>shoot on private land
>do whatever I want
>>
File: benis.jpg (5KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
benis.jpg
5KB, 267x200px
>score job at local range
>have to show up and build it
>>
>>32859517
>range right outside the front door since I live on a farmsite
>nobody to shoot with
>magdump into a mud puddle and spray dirt/rocks all over
>go inside feeling only half satisfied because nobody to share it with
>>
>>32860460
Same, only guys there last time I went were two asian bros with target rifles and zero fucks to give.
>>
only indoor range in or near my city is like that

>.17 to .45acp only
> no rapid fire
> no pistol caliber carbines
> no items
> Fox only
> Final Destination
> no fun allowed
>>
>what
>>
>>32862651
why even live?
>>
I went to a range like that once, except I bump fired a whole mag then left.
>>
nerds
>Outdoor range at national park
>200 yrd rifle range
>25 yrd pistol range
>15 lanes
>provides ears, eyes, binocs, and sandbags
>any caliber any round
>any rifle
>$3 per visit all day pass
>>
>>32859517
>local range is only 5 minutes away
>let you do whatever you want, except full auto
>ROs are chill and know me by name
>range time is a little expensive, but it keeps the normies away
>transfer fees are only $5
>>
>>32859689
bring an AR with a wood grip
>>
>>32862230
Aren't you a special little snowflake?
>>
>>32862284
that pisses me off
>>
>go to friend's house a couple of hours away from me to go shooting together at the local outdoor range
>bring the best of my collection, including a .44 magnum Deagle, a 9mm AR pistol with brace, slidefire AK, and a 410/45 Taurus
>head to range, immediately notice a lot of range officers walking around and not a lot of people there (on a Saturday)
>Head up to the rifle range first with my AK, and before I can even finish unpacking, the range officer closest to me starts shouting about me bringing a loaded magazine to the range and not having a chamber flag in all of my rifles
>picks up my AK magazine with his greasy fingers and as he begins to rant about using "steel coated bullets" (it was loaded with Tula), he drops the fucking thing and scuffs the floorplate
>makes me pick it up, doesn't move so I have to place my head inches from his crotch while bending down to pick it up
>then makes me unload the magazine and starts inspecting my ammunition to check for more "steel coated bullets"
>opens my AK range bag and about has a fucking heart attack when he sees the slidefire stock
>demands I put the rifle back in my car and threatens to call the cops for possession of a "possible machine-gun"

Cont'd
>>
>>32862688
There's a state range about 30 minutes away from me just like that, except day passes are $5. Feels good, man.
>>
>>32862698
>>transfer fees are only $5
Fuck, I'd go there just for that. Local range by me is the cheapest in the area at $20, but you need to buy a $300-600 membership to get that otherwise it's $50 I think. Plus you still have to pay for hourly range time unless you have the super duper goy special membership that costs $2800 a year.
>>
>range membership 300 shekels a year
>do whatever i want
>no .50 bmg or above
>no giggle switches
>good with it cause i am a wheel fag
>>
>>32859517
eurocuck here

> local range ~15 minutes away from me
> rifle range up to 200 meters
> pistol range is 15m and pretty much "do what you want", but only up to .44 magnum
> second pistol range is 25m
> working to get permission for shotgun range too
> have only 150€ to pay per year, because I'm under 26
people around there are pretty /k/ too
>>
>>32862567
sounds like fun
>>
>>32859517
>.22LR and muzzle loaders only
>but free brass and no range cop so they wouldn't really care if you shot anything bigger
>>
>>32862568
It's always lonely at the top, anon.
>>
>closest range
>indoor only although recently approved to build outdoor range
>$20 per hour
>handgun and rifle
>only caliber restriction is nothing faster than .25-06 to preserve backstop
>no steel core
i guess its not too bad for NJ
>>
>>32862763
That's not terrible. What do you have in your arsenal?
>>
>>32862733
>other shooters defuse the situation, someone pulls up proof on their phone that the slidefire stock is legal, range officer still makes me put it away, and goes back to inspecting my ammo
>buddy acts like this is completely normal, is casually shooting while this occurs
>after he finally leaves, I get my other rifles out and my AK pistol
>another RO comes up and asks for my SBR tax stamp, and questions whether I am shooting a ghost gun
>Have to go through the same shit, RO forces me to take off the sig brace, then observes that it is chambered in 9mm and tells me that I'm only allowed to shoot pistol calibers at the pistol range
>I am absolutely disgusted by this, want to leave but buddy really wants to shoot the Taurus and Deagle so I stick around
>head to pistol range a little later with my pistols and AR, as soon as I set up, the first RO comes up and demands I put my SBR away, present my tax stamp, and stop violating the rules otherwise he will call the police
>tell him what the other RO said, try to explain that it's not an SBR without a stock, second RO comes up and now the two RO's are arguing
>I just take the AR back to my car, head back to shoot and see my buddy arguing with the RO
and holding my Deagle
>apparently the RO was inspecting my Deagle and believes it is a .50AE and believes it is a restricted caliber (as mentioned before, it is .44)
>RO doesn't believe me when I show him that .44 is written on the slide and show him the .44 ammo, he thinks I'm lying, and will not let go of my Deagle that he has been waving around
>My buddy is trying to ignore this and whips out my Taurus, and the other RO shouts that he's not allowed to shoot a shotgun at the pistol range
>Buddy opens cylinder, shows that it's loaded with .45LC, RO decides to inspect my ammo to make sure I didn't bring any shotgun ammo
>I'm fucking done, snatch my Deagle from the first RO, grab my range bag, and go to my car

Fuck this range and fuck those two guys and fuck my buddy
>>
>>32862874
The Bullethole?
>>
>>32862935
Shooters off of exit 58
>>
>>32862764
It's been hard, but enjoyable, work
>>
>>32859517
>360 degrees
So you will get shot then...
>>
>sir that was a beautiful spin but you're about to walk out onto the range! someone stop him!
>>
>>32862827
Yeah, there's plenty of good and bad.
>>
>>32861176
>HP or SP ammo ONLY, no FMJ
this isn't a bad thing, some places have shitty stops at the back that a FMJ would go through
>>
>>32862944
Ah I'm on the opposite shitty end of the state. I thought it was the Bullethole since that's the only indoor range up here that allows rifles.
>>
>>32862733
>muh scuffed floor plate
He could smell your faggotry and acted accordingly
>>
>shooting at an indoor range

enjoy the lead poisoning
>>
>go range
>no rapid fire allowed
>put an entire magazine through the center at 10 yards.
>Ask the RO if he cares if I practice some rapid
>Says, "You know what you're doing it's fine."
>Proceed to practice my "semi"-rapid
>be packing up
>couple hooligans 2 lanes down start to rapid fire
>RO tells them to slow down; no rapid fire
I like my range too.
>>
*takes out a god damn Vulcan*
>>
My range is in upstate NY so on top of the already gay 10 round and semiauto restrictions my range isn't too bad

only sticking points are no steel targets and the short hours of sun up to sundown in the winter months.

You can use spinner targets as long as the target is purely rubber stuff.
>>
>>32862987
I don't think anyone would be too happy about scuffing a Bakelite magazine, but hey, that's just me
>>
>>32862982
South/Central NJ ftw. but seriously i hate NJ gun laws
>>
>>32862978
Great, now my "locally" grown produce will have a high lead content.
I hope you're happy you fucking prick.
>>
File: 3.webm (484KB, 500x326px) Image search: [Google]
3.webm
484KB, 500x326px
>>32863032
the price you pay for eating cornflakes
>>
>>32862999
>>32863000
them some numbers boys
>>
>>32863046
>the price you pay for eating cornflakes
kek
>>
>Be living in Ocala, Florida
>closest range is a fucking hour and a half away in Micanopy

Good thing they are based.
>"Alright just fill in your info"
>write name, driver license number, phone number, for insurance purposes. Standard stuff.
>"bring your own guns and gear or you renting?"
>if you rent, you pay $15 a gun
>can rent ears and eyes for like $10
>Rapid fire is banned, but if it's only a few rounds, you're okay
>Don't be a retard

Got some good stuff you can buy too. Although I don't think a Mossberg 500 should cost $300.
>>
This thread got me thinking, I kind of want a membership to an outdoor range, so I googled the nearest one to me. It was only 8 miles away so thats cool but then
>$150 a year fee and required NRA membership
>MUST be a member
>Heres some of the rules
No rapid firing. There must be 3 seconds between all Shots.
 No combat or quick draw practice. No shooting from (or wearing) holsters on the firing line.
 Prone shooting is allowed given RSO approval, experience shooter/sling/matt are required.
 Only uniformed law enforcement officers and RSOs (while on duty) may open carry holstered firearms on
club property. Officers and Directors when acting in an official capacity may carry firearms
 NFA Title II firearms or accessories
o ALLOWED - Suppressors and Short Barreled Rifles (SBR)
o NOT ALLOWED - automatic or auto‐burst firearms, including bump stocks.
 No Shotgun barrels shorter than 18 inches
 No Shotgun barrels shorter than 22 inches allowed on the trap field, except for youth Shotguns used by young
shooters.
 Shotgun Shot size must be 7½ or higher (7½, 8 or 9) for trap or when used with the portable clay target
thrower.
 Excessively heavy or loud loads may be restricted per Range Safety Officers discretion.
 No Armor Piercing (AP) bullets or tracer rounds allowed on range.
 No Steel - Core Ammo to be Shot at the ANY steel targets/gongs. Use the magnets to check your ammo.
 Pistols and revolvers must have a 5 inch or longer barrel for the 100 and 75 meter ranges
Holy fucking fudds Batman.

The other options near me are
Nice indoor range buuuuuuttt:
>Target must be at least 20 feet away for both pistols and rifles
>One shot per second
>No AKs
Fuck you, if I cant shoot at long range because its indoor at least let me rapid fire, also nonsense AK rule

Other option is somewhat dumpy range in a pawn shop that only goes to 30 feet but they let you rapid fire and shoot whatever.

Does anyone know of any good outdoor ranges in Orlando?
>>
>>32862444
It's both Alpine and Quail Creek
>>32862981
This place has a huge dirt mound as a backstop
>>
>>32863157
Have you looked at the Osceola gun range near lake city? I haven't been there in years but it was bretty based from what I remember as a kid
>>
>>32863157
>>32863168
Dear god, I thought Florida was supposed to be based.
>>
>Living in Utah
>Heber City is 30 minutes away
>Place called Big Hollow that's completely open during the summer, also a national park
>They have two ranges, one you pay for and shoot whatever targets you want or shoot the steel ones they provide, goes out to 300 yards (I think)
>Other range is for clay shooting classes you can take
>Always go to national park area and shoot my own targets against dirt stops
>Only downside is that the roads are super narrow and hard to drive on

If you live in Utah, go to Heber. It's awesome for shooting.
>>
Damn, my range is pretty based then. 50$ a year for membership and no tracer or api rounds as we live in the desert and some retard shot a tracer and set the hill behind the range on fire. Probably no AP either but if you are shooting at paper and cleared it with the RO (and arnt a fucktard) they would probably be chill with it. ROs are chill even if most are fudds the main range only goes out to 100 yards but they have steel out to 500. They also have a 1k yard range and trap/skeet facilities you have to pay for clays but it is like 3$ for 25 clays. No restrictions on firearms there. An equal distance from me is a patch of BLM land that I can shoot on and my buddy also has a membership to a private range that I go to with him if both of us want to shoot. Guess I am pretty lucky.
>>
my range is pretty based. outdoor, I think its $90 a year, no hourly and shoot as much as you want. members get a key that opens the gate to the property, there are no range officers so nobody to tell you what to do
> outdoors
> $90 a year
> shoot as much as you want, members get a key to open gate to the private property
> no range officers to tell you what you can't do
> multiple 100 yd rifle ranges, a 200 and a 500
> rapid fire - mag dumping AR with binary trigger all you want
> pretty much only rule is don't fuck up our property, and the usual safety rules
>>
Anybody else have to go through mandatory penis inspection at the range before they let you in?
>>
>>32859517
I like my range. Fuds and tacifags get along just fine. $25 fee for one year. Only goes out to 100 yards but its in city limits so space is limited. Gongs at 50 an 100 yards. Rapid fire restricted to 5 rounds at a time, fine with me.
>>
>>32863538
Wow dude what a shitty range.
Im in SW FL and my range dont give a fuck. We even blow shit up from time to time.
>>
>>32862733
fuck that range. Nobody gets to hold my fucking guns. Further more that sounds like the least fun range ever. Thank god I live in a rural area of a red state, where gun laws go are more like expectations of keeping your guns in good conditions..
>>
>>32863157
There are some ranges in Ocala. I drive an hour from the east coast to go to one in the national forest and it's free.
>>
>>32861176
Elm Fork a SHIT.
>>
>>32859517
>turn 360 degrees
unless the exit is in front of you, you're a retard
>>
File: 1479670009874.png (375KB, 763x960px) Image search: [Google]
1479670009874.png
375KB, 763x960px
>>32864729
>>
File: laughing.jpg (101KB, 1004x988px) Image search: [Google]
laughing.jpg
101KB, 1004x988px
>>32864729
lol newfag
>>
>MA
>$100/year
>morning-sunset hours on weekdays
>archery/100yd rifle/trap ranges
>everyone gets a key; just show up and shoot

-can't shoot steel
-fudd city

It's pretty good
>>
File: british.jpg (81KB, 472x676px) Image search: [Google]
british.jpg
81KB, 472x676px
>>32859517
>go to range
>no "rapid fire (more than 1 shot every 17 seconds), no rifling
>turn 360 degrees and forward march
>>
File: 1473925956715.jpg (114KB, 806x960px) Image search: [Google]
1473925956715.jpg
114KB, 806x960px
>>32864729
Really?
>>
>>32862733
>shooting Tula

You get what you deserve.
>>
>>32862787
>reloading .22LR

The fuck?
>>
>>32865825
People buy/collect the brass, even though it ain't worth that much. I suppose it's great for melting into new casings.
>>
>>32862699
>AR
>SSAA
>Sporting Shooters Association of Australia

lmao u funny
>>
>>32861176
I fucking hate DFW for ranges
>>
>>32863168
>Pistols and revolvers must have a 5 inch or longer barrel for the 100 and 75 meter ranges

Top fucking kek.
>>
My range is okay. Pretty much only rule is no tannerite/exploding targets, and nothing producing high energy combined with high velocity (e.g. 338 Lapua) due to the limited range danger template. There are houses only 3/4 mile behind the backstop.
>>
>>32859517

>tfw range allows up to triple tap
>built in a pit so can shoot damn near anything up to .50 because noise
>tons of fucking rentals
>everyone is nice as hell and willing to help rookies

I went to this range a few weeks ago and loved every minute
>>
>drive out to the boonies
>find a tall berm
>go for a hike to find trash to shoot and double check no one is around
>crack open a burr
>set up targets
>shoot whatever you want, however you want
>pick up trash like a good lil libtard
>watch the sun set
>go home

t. land of freedom
>>
>>32862651
Friends who automatically turn off items drives me up the fucking wall. I want to have fun playing a party game with 3 friends, not be a try hard autist that wins at any cost.
>>
>>32862330
Sorry, I've just got to comment: Your spelling is atrocious. Every possible device/browser you could be using to post here has built-in spell checking these days. Use it.
>>
File: temp.jpg (408KB, 1032x1836px) Image search: [Google]
temp.jpg
408KB, 1032x1836px
>>32859517

>All NFA allowed
>Fire as fast as you want
>Complimentary brass catchers and rifle rests.
>Free targets for members, 25 ¢ each if non members
>No caliber restrictions (shotguns are
somewhat restricted)
>Membership also allows up to 2 family members to come shoot with you anytime you want
>$10 all day fee $50 membership

My range is cool desu
>>
>>32859517
The local indoor range isn't bad.
>$15 for an hour of range time
>can shoot full auto
>$5 rentals, can swap out pistol with whatever they have in the case at any time
>usually some pretty cool people on the range, got to shoot some guy's Desert Eagle last time I went
>range officer usually doesn't give a fuck what you do, so long as you don't shoot the ceiling
>usually let's me have 15 minutes of free range time
>only range in the area that lets you shoot shotguns, even the state range has rules against them
>cheap transfer fees and a decent selection in the shop

Only downside is its popular with the niggers and the handgun range isn't heated for some reason. They also never clean their rental guns.
>>
>>32859517
>Do high angle shooting off cliff
>Set up jungle run course down draw under NODS at 2am
>Do drive bys from car

>Such is life inna desert
>>
>>32859517
>Live in the southwest
>Go to open desert shooting area just a few minutes from my house
>Shoot whatever I want as long as I want

Feels good not being a range cuck.
>>
>>32865996
>>32866433
>>32866537
new mexico has its perks
>>
>go to middle of nowhere
>shoot what I want, when I want, at whatever I want however I want.

shits pretty cash
>>
>>32859689
Shit. Is this standard SSAA standard policy? I'm looking to join a club soon, luckily I've got like three others around town to pick from
>>
>>32861176
Gibsons?
>>
>>32864729
welcome to the internet, enjoy your stay
>>
>range has 1 shot per second
>shoot faster than that
>no one said anything
>kept on doing it
>>
>>32859517
Why do more gun-friendly states somehow manage to produce shittier ranges than mine in fucking New York.

>Membership only at $150 a year isn't bad considering the only other ranges have waiting lists or are an hour away
>No ROs just a sign in sheet where you put your name and bullet weight x quantity you shot so they know when to replace the berms
>Only firearm rules are no NFA 'cause New York and violate the SAFE at your own risk
>Also no exploding targets due to some chucklefuck setting off enough to piss off the police half a mile down the road
>The fudds are all cool and generally leave people alone, only real interaction is when I brought my M1 carbine and they got all excited and wanted to shoot it
>Open 8am to sundown
>The only real downside is that the rifle range is just 100 yards

I think the fact that we're barely upstate and therefore have to deal with the antigun bullshit leaking out of NYC actually acts like a unifying force. No one wants to give another gun owner a hard time unless they're acting like a complete retard.
>>
>25 yard pistol berm
>125 yard marker
>600 yard berm
>free
>no RO, ever
>california

im pretty suprised by what y'all have to put up with in "free" states
>>
File: Untitled (124).jpg (765KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled (124).jpg
765KB, 2560x1440px
>rifle range goes 50yd-100yd-250yd-500yd-750yd-1000yd
>have to qualify to shoot over 250yd (show you can actually hit their steel targets at 500 yards a few times and you're qualified)
>generally pretty lax about ammo but last few times I've brought my Mosin they've had me shoot a plate to show my ammo isn't penetrating their steel targets since apparently they have been having issues with people shooting AP ammo and destroying their targets
>can't shoot 7.62x39 or full rifle rounds at bays, any pistol round or shotgun load is OK. Used to be able to shoot at whatever you bring to the bays but now you have to shoot at actual steel/paper targets thanks to assholes shooting trash and leaving it
>$16 each nonmember for rifle or bay, but have to pay twice if you plan on shooting at both rifle and bays.

Could be worse. I go enough all the ROs know I'm not a retard and generally leave me alone. Wish I could shoot 7.62x39 at the bays.

Is in Liberty Hill, TX so it's not that far away either.
>>
>>32862528
What's wrong with The Simpsons?
>>
>>32862568
Aww, poor little guy
>>
>>32866910
Its not.
>>
File: 1453074088499.jpg (6KB, 255x220px) Image search: [Google]
1453074088499.jpg
6KB, 255x220px
>Range Safety Officers
You give some old asshole just a little bit of authority and he uses it to goosestep up and down the line, insulting people and threatening to kick you out of the range for stupid shit.
There's one range around here that forces you to pay $18 and change/ hour to pay for your own personal RSO.
I don't WANT an RSO!
That's one of the BIGGEST reasons i'm shooting on a private range!
Don't tell me I cant rapid fire!
All of our targets are well spaced out!
It's a private range!
I know how to shoot my gun!
Fuck off! Get away from me!
>>
>>32859517
>360 degrees
>walk away

You'd be facing the same direction
>>
File: metlift.png (8KB, 837x502px) Image search: [Google]
metlift.png
8KB, 837x502px
>go to local range
>all the guns have been replaced by shitty lazer quest tier guns.
>literally lazer guns

fug
>>
>>32865860
Sorry, i don't speak cuck
>>
>>32868412
No, you wouldn't
>>
>>32868524
What country?
>>
>>32868320

Where are you? I've never heard of a place that strict.
>>
>>32862482
California?
>>
>>32868412
Hello newfriend
>>
>>32862733
Im so fucking tilted just reading that
>>
>>32868412
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_FzgtLVzbI
>>
>>32868727
I know, who the fuck has a Deagle in anything but .50 AE ?
>>
>>32862981
That sounds like their problem that they should fix before they get sued.
>>
>>32859517
>go to range
>it's a public range no one is ever at
>pull trigger with my dick if I want to
>>
>>32862568
This is why I go to k meetups.
>>
>>32862976
>>32862965
He killed the joke by forgetting to say "moonwalk" away.
>>
>live in NY on Long Island
>50, 100, 200yd outdoor range
>$18 for the whole day
>"""no rapid fire"""
>never heard anyone yell when I do "rapid fire"

Probably just means no magdumps. NY is fucking terrible in every other way but this range is pretty amazing.
>>
>>32868855
Calverton range?
>>
>>32859517
>go to range
>No steel core or bimetal ammo
>turn 360 degrees and walk away
>>
>>32868859

Yup
>>
>>32860460
This. Even if there is an RO 99% of the time they don't say shit unless I mag dump.
>>
>>32862558
me too friendo

>nothing like the feel of sitting on your back porch plinking cans with no one to fuck up your good time
>>
>>32868867
That's the real reason they have that rule. They don't care if you can rapid fire an still hit the target; it's to keep the magdumping tards in check.
>>
>>32868854
Anyone who isn't a total newfag should get the Xbox 360 joke, I remember that shit from middle school ...
>>
>>32868951
You're right, I'm just nitpicking.
>>
There are only a few ranges for proper guns in the UK, one is 70 miles away and is open twice a month if you are a member and everyone wanks off over how amazing it is (it's a field) and the other is 200 miles away but looks fucking awesome, it's in a closed off tunnel and you can rent out a Steyr HS-50.

There is a ex army range in private use somewhere that run a .50 cal club but they are the most muh sekrit club dickheads going. Also their membership scheme is a paradox, you have to be a member before you can be a member.

>tfw air rifle club up the road
>better than nothing
>>
>>32867046
No, Quail creek
>>
File: 20170203_093911.png (415KB, 719x681px) Image search: [Google]
20170203_093911.png
415KB, 719x681px
>>32859517
>Be me
>Live in Arizona
>Being able to just drive out in the middle of the desert and start shooting legally
Feels good man
>>
>>32869058
>Standing not allowed on rifle range
Never had anyone tell me that
>>
File: 5y5y (2) - Copy.jpg (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
5y5y (2) - Copy.jpg
2MB, 2560x1440px
>drive out to my parents.
>drag what ever junk i want out back.
>shoot it up.
>>
>>32862528
>▶》
>>
>>32863009
Whereabouts? Looking for one a bit closer to Albany>>32867276
>>
>>32868634
The US of A in Cuckifornia
>>
>>32865860
Living in a shit hole
Haha ur funny
>>
File: 1276288613750.jpg (20KB, 350x277px) Image search: [Google]
1276288613750.jpg
20KB, 350x277px
>>32859517
Still the best newfag detector after all these years.
>>
>Be me
>Be RSO at range on /k/ while it's slow
>Be never pay range fees
>Be tell people no more than double taps for rapid fire rule
>Be walk out and dump a full auto mag
>Be grab ice cold drink out of fridge
>Be grab bullets for test fire
>Be having dudes let me shoot their guns when they come in.
>Be tipped.
>Be in this thread.
>>
>>32868659
Los Angeles county.
>>
>>32868904
this is all I want out of life
>>
local range is too fucking moldy labia to be any fun honestly, all the dudes have 5.11 shit on at all times and have all kinds of moto patches
I don't disagree with that shit, but sometimes it's kinda too much. better than being a fudd range though.
>tfw no canned guns to rent because of shitty state can laws
fucking NM, man
>>
>>32864729
Tip to all newfags: Don't post anything until you've lurked for at least a year
>>
>>32859517
>Go to gun club
>No one is there
> Do whatever the fuck I want.
>>
>>32871073
Oh and its only 50 a year.

Also,
>Used to live 15 from state game lands
>Supposed to pay like 20$ for the range but no one ever checks
>Basically empty all the time
>Multiple ranger
>Rules but again, no one enforces them
>Basically do whatever we want
>>
File: FB_IMG_1486089150787.jpg (106KB, 720x1040px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1486089150787.jpg
106KB, 720x1040px
>>
>>32865021
where you at?
Westport fudd central reporting
>>
>>32871406
Ayy Fairhaven here, Ive only got a nugget though
>>
>>32870552
>>32865601
>>32864729
am i missing something here?
sorry, newfag
>>
>>32871406
Caaaarlisle

Concord a shit
>>
How do people even live without free, unsupervised 200yd DNR ranges?
>>
File: image.jpg (66KB, 530x180px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 530x180px
>>32859517
>go to range
>people renting out full fun scars, m16s, glocks, suppressors, etc.
I like my range.

Also
>target all the way at the back of the range, everyone else has theirs at literally 5 yards.
>pull out m1a and begin firing
>everyone moves their targets to the back
>begin firing quick headshots
>everyone begins firing as quickly as possible
Does anyone know this feel?
>>
File: 1484282420834.jpg (23KB, 600x489px) Image search: [Google]
1484282420834.jpg
23KB, 600x489px
>Go to free BLM land they converted into a range just because so many people used it as one.
>Stand on top of your truck while bumpfiring into the hillside from the hip with your drum-mag fed AK while smoking a cigar and blasting black metal

Such is life in Montana.

Only problem is all the other idiots around you can do the same.
>>
File: 1484296429592.jpg (191KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
1484296429592.jpg
191KB, 700x525px
>>32868867
Man, I wish. My old man bought a Palmetto State Armory AR15 premium 1,400$ offer for 700$ in PA. But we live in NJ, so fuck our rights. He found a range in PA that would take us, 1 round every 3 seconds. In a brand new AR15 of which we had 420 (weed) 5.56x45mm ready to burn. First time shooting a gun ever for me, but I'm calm spaghetti, following rules, shooting to sight the gun... Range is only open for like 3 hours a month, so kek. Last 5 minutes on the clock before one of the 4 RO's blow the whistle, I burn 3 in 1. Boner. RO has a talk with us, but not about the boner.
>>
Anyone know of any good BLM land in North/South dakota? Or Iowa? Or Nebraska?
>>
File: socorro-newmexico1.jpg (104KB, 711x579px) Image search: [Google]
socorro-newmexico1.jpg
104KB, 711x579px
>>32859517
Meanwhile
>go to range
>free
>shoot anything that's legal in the state
>shoot however fast/slow I feel like
>200 yard targets
Only caveat
>town's backwater af
>>
Going to the range tomorrow. Better not be any idiots there but as I type I realize that I may be in for disappointment.

In related news, wen to a big box for last minute ammo purchases earlier

>grab box of 9mm
>wait at counter for them to ring it up
>one old guy slowly helping man fill out 4473
>other employee looks vaguely amish but is clearly hitting on a chick trying to impress her with a benelli from the rack
>stand around for awhile
>no help in sight
>go to front counter
>buy ammo and shooting glasses
>clerk asks for ID
>internally schreech autistically
>give ID
>she doesnt understand birthdates on milfag IDs
>gives milfag discount on cheapo glasses but not ammo
>why even bother bigbox, why
>>
>>32863950
Mickeys?
>>
>>32867354
yeah well we have real guns so there are rules sometimes
>>
>open back door
>shoot into the woods
>>
>>32875205
Jelly Jam detected.
>>
>>32862500

Fudds: Chasing new generations of gun owners away since 1969.
>>
>>32869097
520 agrees
>>
File: farmers-only.png (1MB, 1270x696px) Image search: [Google]
farmers-only.png
1MB, 1270x696px
>>32862568

There's a solution for that.
>>
>>32861176
>>>Standing not allowed on rifle range
what you can stand in the rifle range at target master in garland
but yeah that distance and range fee
Still is was cheaper than the ranges in California (bay area) so I'm grateful for that
>>
>>32871763
Turning 360 degrees just puts you right back where you were. It's a 4chan may may. Newfags usually fall for it so people call them out
>>
>>32863168
>needing RO approval to lay on the ground

Lol what the fuck
>>
>>32859517
>living somewhere in Europe
>range only have safety rules. Actual safety rules
>no ammo rules. No shooting speed rules. No stance rules. Do whatever you like just don't be dangerous
>once, a guy we know well brings his c96 shnellfire. But it does not officially exists of course, it's some hidden heirloom.
>only 25 or 50m and 5 shooting lanes. This is the sad part

Fun thing, it's under a gym and grills get all giggly when we shoot loud stuff and they can hear it from up there
>>
>>32859689
>SSAA range banning non-wood furniture

Unless you live somewhere cucked like WA, and they were afraid of violating state regulation, this is a lie.

Single round loading is because retards still can't keep their guns clear in the ceasefire, and ROs don't wanna have to check every magazine is out too.
>>
>>32875205
having never had a pistol gripped rifle (i have shot them though) I really don't care. I'm pretty sure it's only the people next to my non flash hiding muzzle brakes that care, while i get guilt-free recoil compensation.

the standard capacity magazine confiscation is super fucked though. and the new manufactured pistol ban is a revolution-teir aggreivance
>>
File: are you squidding me.png (348KB, 586x586px) Image search: [Google]
are you squidding me.png
348KB, 586x586px
>>32864729
>>
>>32862987
>>muh scuffed floor plate
dude damaging peoples property LOL
nigger, it may be an AK magazine, but if the retarded RO will gladly drop one and not pick it up and apologize for dropping it, he could easily do that with a gun or anything else of value
>>
>>32863157
Nigger if you're in Ocala go to Forest Road 88 public range. It's in the Ocala Natl Forest, is free, unmonitored, and is open sun up-sun down.

"No close ranges" just means you're not looking very hard, especially in Ocala. I'm an Orlandofag and there's plenty of ranges even over here near UCF, not to mention the free public land like Forest Road 88 or all the WMA lands you can shoot pretty much anywhere on.
>>
This thread is why i just go innadesert
>>
>>32869999
Quads xdxdxd
>>
>>32862944
That 25 yard range though. Had a membership to git gud with pistols. Now I just want to get out of the state
>>
>>32876855
I already have a cute redhead gf that shoots with me.
>>
>>32862284
No irons on 200m
But then how do you shoot at 300m?
>>
File: IMG_20170119_162521.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170119_162521.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>32862568
>Tfw 145 acres of land
>tfw only 3 friends into guns in any capacity
>2 of them are going innawoods/stalking with me in March
Gonna be fucking great. Pic related is where I'm going to build my cabin. Comfy as fuck
>>
>>32862992
Fucking Berlin cops complained about cancer due to Ammonium in their shit airconditioned indoor range forcing Ruag placing a warning on the ammopackage.
>>
>>32862413
Quantico Shooting Club?
>>
>>32859527
Is srs?
>>
>>32874030
hello fellow NMfag
>>
>All my local ranges are expensive
>Eeeeeeh
>Go shoot on crown(public) land and do what I want
>>
>>32863157
>Can rent ears and eyes for $10

Man, California ranges have problems, but eyes/ears are a combined 2 bucks for rent.
>>
>>32869041
Catch-22 faggot
>>
>>32863157
Drive 30 mins to Gainesville we have two really nice ranges, GTR and Bradford sportsmans farm.
>>
>>32883514
>Bradford sportsmans farm

I need to get out there and try them out. I like that they have a public accessible 850yd range or 300yd w/o "certification".

Do they allow rapid fire (double taps)?
>>
File: sinosovietT56.jpg (416KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
sinosovietT56.jpg
416KB, 1080x1920px
>>32861176
>3 seconds
>no FMJ
>no standing
>only 100 yard
Sounds like Alpine
>>
>>32866017
This.

Way to take something fun and make it autistic as fuck.
Thread posts: 198
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.