[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How loud are .410s outta an 18 inch barrel? I wanna get something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 166204m2_ts.jpg (143KB, 1155x1155px) Image search: [Google]
166204m2_ts.jpg
143KB, 1155x1155px
How loud are .410s outta an 18 inch barrel?

I wanna get something to pop branch niggers and woodpeckers around the house, but I don't wanna piss off neighbors with the noise.

They seem cool with me shooting my 10/22 ,but IDK if the noise from a .410 would be too much.
>>
If you have to ask, the answer is yes.
>>
>>32859081
Not much worse than .22lr, i'd say. Certainly has about the same kick to it. I'd say you'd be fine.
>>
>>32859081
A decent pellet rifle works wonders for both of those.
>>
About 150 decibels but subsonic. If they tolerate .22lr you should be ok but the pop is significantly louder by close to 30 dB.
>>
you dont need hearing protection.
>>
>>32859112

Way worst than .22LR, anon

18" .410 is similar to a sporting barreled .223
>>
>>32859608
My pellet gun arcs like crazy and won't kill bigger birds with broadside shots.

I could always just get another pellet gun, but fuck it, I want another big boy gun.
>>
>>32859081
Why wouldn't you just your 10/22?

And why would you shoot a woodpecker? Cowbirds and starlings, sure. But woodpeckers?
>>
>>32859081
>and woodpeckers around the house
Do you want carpenter ants, anon? Because this is how you get carpenter ants.
>>
>>32863045
Carpenter ants?
>>
410 out of a 22" barrel has recoil about the same as i light 9mm load and they're comparable noise wise too.
>>
>>32863144
The fucking project niggers of the animal world. The only possible worse thing is termites.
>>
Leave the woodpeckers alone, you need them. That being said my judge is hella loud but thats a 2 inch barrel.
>>
>>32863034
The fuckers nest in my siding, that's why.

As for the 10/22, I shoot it, but I really have to limit where I shoot it. I live on top of a mountain with 500 yards of woods on the downslope between me and houses in the holler. I don't shoot up or straight on, I only shoot at real small angles from the house, I don't shoot at anything that's not backstopped by the ground or a thick-ass tree.

I figure I wouldn't have to worry about a .410 with birdshot quite as much.
>>
>>32863045
I can spray for ants, I can't spray for birds. That's why I shoot 'em.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.