[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

While we're all aware of the backdrop against which my current

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: Thunder380_Duotone.jpg (51KB, 530x400px) Image search: [Google]
Thunder380_Duotone.jpg
51KB, 530x400px
While we're all aware of the backdrop against which my current trepidation may be splayed, I have decided its time to buy and begin to carry a cw and getting my cpl.

I have been attracted to the Bersa Thunder for a long time. I like the feel and how it sits in my hands, and I like the general aesthetic (as trivial as those sort of things are), and I saw it as reasonably priced enough to get now until I can afford something in the h&k/sig range.

I am, naturally, slightly off put by the 380. I firmly believe in shot placement over penetration, but it is still an important factor.
Any anons with experience or advice?
>>
>>32857913
Uh, story?
>>
>>32857913
How would you feel if i shot you 8 times in the torso with a .380? That should answer your question.
>>
>>32857913
Christ you're a faggot. Buy the Bersa, some good defense ammo, a holster. Then fuck off and never return.
>>
It's not like .380 doesn't kill people. You'll need four shots instead of two but that can be arranged. You're severely disadvanted if two niggers jump you though, as those shots take time and while you're pumping Jamal full of lead Tyrone is closing in fast.
>>
Theyankeemarshall really dislikes the build quality of the Bersas. Not sure how founded his beliefs are.
>>
>>32857924
Detroit is a scary place
>>32857940
>>32857970
>>32857987
That was my line of thinking. But god knows I can't name a decision without my buddies on /k telling me its cool
>>
>>32858017
I too seek approval from strangers on the internet because my father sexually assaulted me.
>>
>>32857913
I wouldn't get anything weaker than a 38 and preferably 9mm minimum. 380 sucks asshole
>>
>>32858038
I do too, but because my father didnt sexually assault me
>>
File: nintchdbpict000261888167.jpg (38KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
nintchdbpict000261888167.jpg
38KB, 960x540px
I really want one for CCW, but it's not even much smaller than my P-07
>>
>>32857987
>You'll need four shots instead of two
Please elaborate
>>
File: bersa380.jpg (72KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
bersa380.jpg
72KB, 800x600px
>>32857913

bersa 380s can be great if you get a good one that works

>>32855591

they have DA/SA trigger, blowback action recoil is noticable but much less than those teeny pocket 380s that weigh about 10z
>>
File: ruger380.jpg (63KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
ruger380.jpg
63KB, 800x600px
>>32858626

if you've got the $$ then seriously look at the ruger lc380 (not the lcp) and get a galloway trigger kit, reduces trigger travel to 1/2" which is very good for DAO

and the lc380 has locked breech vs bersa blowback which means less recoil

plus its AMERICAN MADE support the home team :)
>>
>>32857987
There's absolutely no way to know that. Handgun cartridges are a finicky thing. You can find numerous contradictory examples of various caliber's effectiveness.

Magazine dumps of .40 S&W yielding no immediate results, and guys dropping like a lead balloon after a couple rounds of .38 sp.

>>32857913
It seems you've made up your mind OP, but I care enough to strongly caution you against the Bersa.
It's certainly not a terrible choice, but they are not known for outstanding durability/reliability.
>>
>>32857913
>>32858657
Took a second to find some examples.

I think the S&W bodyguard, ruger line of subcompacts, as well as the Beretta Cheetah would fill the same niche in a more reliable package.
>>
>>32857913
Buy the CC version it's nice. 380 acp has about the same speed and energy as a 38 special so it is an effective self defense round. It's not what most consider the best choice but it is an acceptable one.
>>
>>32857913
Well, don't want to sound like a dick or nothin', but, ah... it says on your chart that you're fucked up. Ah, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded. What I'd do, is just like... like... you know, like, you know what I mean, like...ha ha ha ha
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.