[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw shrooming carrier on my zastava OPAP >I now have a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1474858070375.jpg (12KB, 250x231px) Image search: [Google]
1474858070375.jpg
12KB, 250x231px
>tfw shrooming carrier on my zastava OPAP
>I now have a stitched together bundle of scrap metal and cheap wood

Is serbia actively trying to fuck me over or what
>>
>>32857065
only thing worse than a serb is a croat
>>
>>32857070
>forgets albanians exist
>>
>>32857065
I told you fags to stay away from zastava because of their poor QC.
>>
>>32857078
honestly I have had nothing but good experience with Zastava so far. I am pissed as fuck, only about 1200 rounds in and now I have to deal with this shit. Never again
>>
>>32857084
Well I have access to the real ones and the new ones don't compare at all. They(zastava) have had so many issues but people just cast them aside and think everything is okay. This is partly due to bad heat treating and hammers that are hardened harder than the carrier is. If you want to try to alleviate this get a surplus hammer and replace the one you have(probably a g2).
>>
>>32857100
If it's a G2 he can file down the hammer a little bit to remove the angle and ridge from Tapco's shit casting job. He could also replace it with an ALG or whomever the actual name of the FCG is. I've had no problem with their hammers yet so far.
>>
>owning an AK
No star plebs
>>
>>32857130
That might work if he removes enough material but then you need to make sure you have enough contact material with the firing pin, and it's still going to hit the carrier anyway so if the steel under is as hard as the top layer it's pointless. ALG triggers will also cause this problem, there aren't as many and it's not as tested as a G2. I think rob has a video of the ALG shrooming an SLR104. Not that the trigger is bad, the hammers are just a little hard.
>>
>>32857146
There's really not much material to remove, it's just making the surface of the hammer smooth. I've done it with both of my Polish parts kit builds and have had no shrooming after a thousand or two rounds. For the ALG, I've only got one of those on a Bulgarian 74 build but only have about 5-600 rounds through it so far. No evidence of any deformation on the bolt carrier yet, but I check it after every time taking it out.
>>
>>32857165
I don't have a G2 on hand to test. I think it's a combination of minor Rockwell differences in the materials that causes this because not all will do it. For example I had a WASR with an unmodified g2 with over 3000 rounds I personally put through it and I remember it had absolutely no shrooming on the carrier. My current Arsenal has somewhere between 1-2k and it has no shrooming either but I'm using the original Arsenal trigger. Do you know the Rockwell of the carriers you're using? I think tapco does their hammers around 40 or so with other components being treated higher.
>>
>>32857078
>listening to a t*rkroach
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.