[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Boker Kalashnikov Dagger Automatic Knife. What say you /k/ommandos?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

The Boker Kalashnikov Dagger Automatic Knife. What say you /k/ommandos? Yay or nay. Anyone have experience. Wanting to get the 3.25 inch one in gray for daily carry. Damn near impossible since this one is a BladeHQ exclusive, but almost saying fuck it and just getting a different color. Are these any good for the low price of $40 or less USD?
>>
I've only heard good things about them, although never owned one myself so can't much on the topic other than they seem to have good reviews for the price. iirc I heard they were made in collaboration with benchmade, don't hold me to it though.
>>
Just stop and think a moment. It's a $40 auto. It's probably shit.
>>
>>32856677
just buy opinel
>>
>>32856677

OP here. I asked some scrubs in a rather large knife group on facebook if they were any good and I hardly got any response. Most are on there buying one off fixed blades so they probably turned their noses up to my questions. It carries super low in the pocket which I really like. Ive heard some people previously talk about play in the blade but I seen videos that show that isnt always true. Supposed to be a real strong opening for the cash.

>>32856722
I actually use my knives unlike most of the aspergers kids with $350 OTF knives. It was between this or a Ontario Rat series knife to beat on.
>>
>>32856727
>opinel

Just buy something completely the opposite of what I was looking for. That makes sense.
>>
>>32856731
>It was between this or a Ontario Rat series knife

they both use AUS-8 steel so just pick whatever
>>
File: 20170202_064533.jpg (917KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170202_064533.jpg
917KB, 2048x1152px
Defo, excellent auto, nothing fancy
Upside down pic inbound
>>
File: 20160706_190403.jpg (412KB, 726x498px) Image search: [Google]
20160706_190403.jpg
412KB, 726x498px
>>32856677
Nope.
>>
I've had two. They are both sitting in a drawer broken. Don't bother. Manual open is the way to go unless you're willing to dish out a bunch of money. And then I still think manual is better.
>>
>>32856743
The rat has a d2 version
>>
>>32856677
I have a "tan" one with the little nylon sheath you can get. It's an okay knife. The pocket clip and texturing make it really ugly in my opinion. You may need to adjust it a bit before it will operate smoothly. I only really use it around the house or yard when I need something I can open and close with one hand.

Keep in mind there is no warranty on them whatsoever and it is probably a good idea to get a couple spare springs along with it.
>>
>>32856677
Have a manual version, not automatic. Like it, works fine for me, and good knife for the money. Takes a nice edge IMO.
>>
>>32856677
böker and böker plus usually is quality stuff.
if it's their magnum brand, id be cautious.
>>
>>32856677
Had one for a while. Really a good knife. Don't know what happened to it though.
>>
>>32857223

OP here I just seen that there is no warranty for the autos, they destroy the ones sent to them.
>>
>>32859942

OP here. I will take any serious suggestions for EDC knives under $60. But I wont be paying anything more than that because I use and abuse all my shit and will probably lose it.
>>
>>32859942
kek, good joke friend.
>>
File: Sub $60 knives.jpg (58KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Sub $60 knives.jpg
58KB, 800x600px
>>32859984
Okay here is all of the sub $60 knives I currently own, at lest that are not on loan to friends.

For Sub $60 I recommend the Kershaw Skyline and Ontario RAT 1, maybe the Cold Steel Voyager line if you want something heavy duty.

However, I HIGHLY recommend you up your budget to $70 and get a Cold Steel Code 4. It's just a really good edc knife, and with an amazing steel for the price.
>>
>>32859984
Byrd Raven 2 - best budget knife i've owned
>>
>>32856677
Decent knife, the steel is a little soft, but takes an edge well. Blade has a very slight side to side wobble on mine, but I've beat the shit out of it.
>>
File: 20170202_181355.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170202_181355.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>32856677
Got mine about a year ago when they became legal in WI.
Well worth the money anon.
>>
File: IMAG0206_1.jpg (662KB, 3276x2286px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0206_1.jpg
662KB, 3276x2286px
It opens packages like a champ. Dagger looks nicer than drop point, but I wanted orange grips.
>>
File: 1480109056265.jpg (84KB, 311x500px) Image search: [Google]
1480109056265.jpg
84KB, 311x500px
>>32856677
Your coworkers at GameStop will think its radical.
>>
I have a friend of mine in his 60's who picked one up at a gunshow a long long long time ago, when they first came out.

Still works flawlessly. Not the best edge but it's a tough motherfucker. He's pried shit open with it, used it to cut a throat on a coyote I shot, etc. Pretty cool, IMO! Just not my type of knife.
>>
>>32861348

This is all great information. I appreciate your time and effort. I was seriously debating the RAT series and will probably fall back on it if in any case the Boker for some reason doesnt work for me. I can easily sell it at my cost if I feel it isnt right and fund a RAT. I currently carry a kershaw and have for years.

>>32861411
This isnt anything new from what I heard from past and current users. I feel like a lot of people just get knives for a cool factor and dont use them really. I beat my shit like it owes me money.

>>32862435
The laws are a changing. Im glad you are able to carry one without issue.

>>32864879
If it cuts throats I am sure it will work fine for cardboard, tape and occasionally other shit.

I carry a Kershaw Needs work which should tell the peanut gallery I dont care much about looks but function is important. I abuse all my EDC stuff especially my knives. I appreciate the suggestions and guidance. Sounds like most are approving of the Boker.
>>
The Boker Kalashnikov is a smoking deal for an auto knife, because it's actually not a piece of shit.

Expect a bit of blade play, due to the button lock. That's due to the lock design, not lack of quality control--I've seen just as much wiggle from Benchmade and Protech knives with button locks, seems to be inherent to the design, or a conscious choice to keep the action fast and reliable.

Anyway, they carry deep, snap open with authority, and AUS-8 sharpens to a wicked edge easily, even if it won't keep it that long. Go for it.
>>
>>32864879
This ruins the pelt!
>>
>>32856677
The one I had was fine, if a bit flimsy. The finish on it is shit, if you carry it and subsequently sweat a bit on it the blade will turn brown like you just plunged it into a turd
>>
>>32856677

Someone got me one as a gift years ago.

It came in a neat AK mag styled box, had decent grip, and was hair popping sharp out of the box.

But...

The spring is weak, there is higher than expected play in the blade when "locked" open, and the handle is a plastic of unknown quality.

It probably shanks antifa decently, but as far as a well made knife that will last a lifetime, I am doubtful.
>>
>>32859984

Spyderco Tenacious
>>
>>32857022
SNAP
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.