[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What were specific sword types and other weapons used by ancient

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: Question mark.png (136KB, 1773x921px) Image search: [Google]
Question mark.png
136KB, 1773x921px
What were specific sword types and other weapons used by ancient Vietnam, 16th century Ireland and the tribes of Ghana?
Preferably posted with images of a side view and white background. Slicing and bludgeoning weapons preferred, other types such as penetrating and throwing are acceptable

I'm getting into Vietnamese history, I've always been a fan of Irish history and the 16th century is supposedly the most interesting, and my Aunt adopted some boys from Ghana a while back. They're actually cool as fuck and not the stereotype at all, so I wanted to try and make them some video game mods replacing melee weapons with Ghanaian ones as presents for them.
>>
This is a better question for >>>/his/, but:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dha_(sword)
>>
Weren't Ireland's swords fairly similar to other European swords with exception of the hilt, where ring pommels (ring of metal with exposed tang) gained in popularity

I don't know a whole lot about them though
>>
>>32856330
They REALLY prefer to talk about race and politics. I made a thread and it went to page 10 after 1 reply.

Also thanks.
>>
>>32856272
>ancient Vietnam
You should be specific about what, where and when you mean by that. I guess North Vietnam before they overthrew the Chinese once and for all? Or before they were even conquered in the first place? (100BCE I think)

North Vietnam was a Chinese province for most of its history (until 1100CE?) and probably used Chinese weapons when they rebelled every now and then. Spears mostly but also dao and jian.

The Cham Empire would have weapons much like the Kingdom of Sukodai and probably with an Indian influence. They weren't very advanced but they had metal working of some sort. They existed until 1400ish and were exterminated/assimilated by the North Vietnamese.
>>
File: Kiem Sword.jpg (104KB, 778x519px) Image search: [Google]
Kiem Sword.jpg
104KB, 778x519px
>>32857052
I fucked up with wording, basically older than 20th century. So pretty big fuck up.

But for example this Kiem sword is what I'm looking for. Though it's hard to find any info about it, I dig it.
>>
File: 200yydy.jpg (144KB, 981x613px) Image search: [Google]
200yydy.jpg
144KB, 981x613px
>>32857052
Would the Cham Empire and Sukodai weaponry have any names I could look up to get images of, by the way?
>>
I remember one weapon the Cham had when they were fighting the Khmer was a kind of crossbow that featured two small bows with the string going from one to another, sort of like a compound bow pulley system.

They did that because they needed a powerful bow that could take out a Khmer elephant rider from a safe distance, but also a narrow bow width so it could be used effectively in the thick jungles.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.