[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the Beretta M9 is officially on track to be phased out,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: beretta.jpg (59KB, 759x503px) Image search: [Google]
beretta.jpg
59KB, 759x503px
Now that the Beretta M9 is officially on track to be phased out, the Department of Defense must now dispose of several hundred thousand of the pistols. Please, I encourage you to contact your representatives and advocate that the pistols be transferred the the Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP). This transfer can only be done through an act of Congress, and my hope is that at one point civilians will be able to buy $250 M9s from the CMP. At one point the CMP sold 1911s to civilians, so this is not unheard of. Also, tell your reps to clear the several hundred thousand M1 Garands sitting in storage in Korea to be cleared for re-importation and transfer to the CMP. Its time to bring the boys back home!
>>
We sold those Garands to the North Koreans.
>>
>>32853017
>Wanting garbage to be widely avai;able
buy a hi point poorfag
At least it will shoot straight
>>
File: m9-dirty.jpg (722KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
m9-dirty.jpg
722KB, 1000x750px
>>32853017
They are so worn though.. just let them die.
>>
>>32853035
are we getting Korean m1s?
>>
File: 1472405547065.jpg (210KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
1472405547065.jpg
210KB, 960x640px
>>32853056
POG detected
>>
>>32853086
this.

the barrel was fucking shot out on mine.
>>
Unlike new-production garands that have been sitting in warehouses and just need some tender loving care, these M9s are all beat to shit and many have seen dozens of tours.

No thanks. I don't care about them. We care about 1911s and Garands.
>>
File: 1465063726735.jpg (114KB, 644x644px) Image search: [Google]
1465063726735.jpg
114KB, 644x644px
>>32853056
>>32853293
After 8 years Active Army (MP )ive NEVER HAD A SINGLE MALFUNCTION with the M9.
Take care of your weapon and it will take care of you
>>
>>32853017

>At one point the CMP sold 1911s to civilians

Not in recent memory. The last remaining 1911's in US inventory were going to be melted down instead of released to CMP based on the most recent NDAA, if I recall correctly.
>>
>>32853319
>We care about 1911s
Speak for yourself, granddad.
>>
>>32853017
They are beat to shit. I never oiled mine one time because oil = dirt = I actually have to clean it. The good news is most only get fired once a year, if that. You might find a gem but it would take alot of sorting. $250 seems steep honestly. I don't think I'd pay over $100 unless it was a gem.
>>
>>32853352
>The last remaining 1911's in US inventory were going to be melted down instead of released to CMP based on the most recent NDAA, if I recall correctly.

Was recommended in the committee report but it wasn't included in the final bill. No mention of M1911 pistols at all.
>>
>>32853388

Oh cool then.
>>
>>32853343
Yeh they really aren't that bad. At least mine wasn't. I had the same one for almost 5 years. I didn't have a huge number of jams.

I saw some real piles of shit though. One of our butter bars had one that couldn't make it through a mag without jamming. Others had barrels so shot they couldn't even hit a man sized target at 25 yards reliably.
>>
>>32853086
id love to give it a civilian home along with two other pieces of military small arms (cmp m1s). There's history in those beat to shit pistols and having a beat to shit pistol mean i won't worry about hurting it even more than it is.
>>
>>32853358
fuck off kidlett
>>
>>32853017

We had a look at the garands and didn't get them because they were all rusted to shit.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.