[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Military Scenario thread (2017 tech levels) You're the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

File: Buk-M1-2.jpg (114KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
Buk-M1-2.jpg
114KB, 800x534px
Military Scenario thread (2017 tech levels)
You're the President of Mexico, and the right-wing Nationalist President of the USA just threatened military intervention into your nation in response to the ongoing drug trade. Normally you have been united as partners in the war on drugs, but this escalation is unprecedent. The Potus has suggested using American airpower to strike targets in Mexico. knowing the history of American Air strategy and counter-insurgency, you are wary of unacceptable collateral damage that will occur to civilians and infrastructure. You and your cabinent are extremely opposed to this violation of sovereignty, and the Senate of the Republic directed you to staunchly protect Mexican airspace has secretly approved an emergency $14.5 billion Mexican pesos (700M USD) for the aquisition of Anti Air systems, and an additional $7.2B (3.5M USD) can be divested from the existing military budget. you expect broad international support for your cause, and the most powers are open to Arms trade with your nation. Purchases from the USA may become stopped or withheld entirely. What weapon systems do you buy, and what is your strategy?

For your consideration(Prices in USD):
http://www.defencebd.com/2010/11/missile-price-list.html
https://www.aircraftcompare.com/subcategory/Military-Jets/11
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_Air_Force#Aircraft_inventory
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_Navy
>>
>>32852012
drawing from my extensive knowledge of ruling small countries from the hearts of iron series
I would immediately give myself and country over to russia/china (whoever bites first) and invite whatever military force they wish to station in mexico
>>
>>32852070

China can probably offer you the most and provide the most economic benefits afterwards.
>>
>>32852118
China is too poor for any serious commitment. Russia is even poorer, but they don't mind ruining their economy. It's just they're already too comitted in Ukraine, Syria, and a few other countries to get involved in a confrontation with the USA right now.
>>
>>32852070
> not using console commands to give you 300% total population, 2,000,000 of all latest equipment and enough XP to upgrade everything with 5 in all fields

Nigga I took over Europe and Russia as Switzerland by 1942
>>
>>32852152
HOI 4
>>
>>32852170
Youve clearly never felt the thrill when your 400 division-strong army armed with only rifles conquers the globe in a glorious and bloody global zerg rush, using each subjugated nations people as the next wave of meatshield to invade their neighbours
>>
>>32852070
>>32852118
Countries that have done this universally end up worse.

>>32852012
Best option is to start getting close to other US allies like Canada, and invest in Manpads.
>>
>>32852240
honestly as a canadian we would not give a single fuck. we would probably see you fags kill each other than take the entire Northern US for leaf lebensraum.
>>
>>32852278
while I don't doubt the lack of fucks given from the frozen north
I would think, given enough wanton US aggression, would want to secure their own border as well
would be neat to see a CANUKAUSNZ alliance attempting to lock down the border
>>
>>32852313
No. we are too weak to do anything. US would probably get bogged down in mexico and probably get into an insurgency like they always have. If it gets out of hand, US would probably face some civil threats from all the spics in America.
Best if you just left Mexico alone and just wall them off lads.
>>
>>32852151

China does not need to spend that much money.

Remember that a single dollar spent on defense needs multiple dollars on offense to overcome.

>>32852240
> Countries that have done this universally end up worse.

That's very true, but it's a question of whether you'd be worse off being a Chinese client state or lose all semblance of national sovereignty.

To be honest I don't know which way Mexicans are going to break. There is no scenario where Mexico wins, they can only control how much they lose and what they lose. Their "winning" scenario is to make the United States lose more than they do, primarily in international standing.
>>
>>32852278
>>32852313
Racists on an American gun board are not representative of the Average Canadian that votes for Trudeau. Justin is absolutely the type of dude who would authorize defense aid and US sanctions, even if it Hurt the Canadian economy like hell.
>>
>>32852679
>average Canadian
>giving a shit about mexico
lol no. We most likely just either wont do shit and trudeau is too much a cuck to do anything to the US. Hell, mostly willing to bet Canada will aid US more than mexico if trump gains a good justification for his war.
>>
File: 1d6.jpg (19KB, 330x309px) Image search: [Google]
1d6.jpg
19KB, 330x309px
>3 F-5s
>Literally 3 outdated Fighter jets to defend the entire country
jesus Christ
>>
>>32852417
It all depends on how long the United States can keep at bay the domestic rebellion that is sure to pop up.
>>
A few small missile boats for the Pacific fleet. The U.S. would not be able to detect or respond to a missile swarm from the inside of Baja California, and the entirety San Diego is target rich.

The rest would be preparation for the ensuing shitstorm. So mines, antitank missiles, small morters to harass the coast of Texas, and as much weaponry as the cartels are willing to handle.
>>
>>32853072
Forgot to add strategy

Form deep state, and a government in exile in Bolivia to conduct a guerrilla war. Between proxies, lax border controls, cartels as powerful as armies, and the ability unique to Mexico to go on the offensive, the U.S. would have a long costly war to look forward to.
>>
Take money
Flee country
>>
>>32852012
Buy the President of the US. You've certainly got enough money for it. Just remember to only promise the money for when he leaves office.
>>
>>32852012
You are fucked, bend over and lube up.
>>
>>32852965
A domestic rebellion by people who have never touched a gun in their lives, and only know how to fight by virtue signaling on twitter?
>>
>>32853498
12 million illegal immigrants, and 50 million Hispanic Citizens, you're going to get hella terrorism if you start bombing Mexico.
>>
File: a2fbrsfg8d7y[1].jpg (127KB, 854x1103px) Image search: [Google]
a2fbrsfg8d7y[1].jpg
127KB, 854x1103px
Play victim, ask for aid from Russia/China.

Start sending large groups of "unsanctioned" extremist into the US. to stir up trouble.

Blame US intervention for creating extremist.

Pocket that 700B, that's the Mexican way. You are corrupt after all. Move government leaders to another country south of Mexico, run the country from there as hidden as possible.
>>
>>32853633
>escape Mexico
>take up arms to defend Mexico

good logic
>>
>>32852012
Sue for peace.
>>
>>32852822
I saw this too.
I was like Hmm F5. small, agile, hey maybe they could put up a fight.
>fucking 3 of them

they're probably only ever used for fly overs
>>
Okay. I'll buy 2 S400 batteries to defend Mexico city then i'll spend the rest on chinese manpads.
Then probably ask china/russia for some loans to perhaps buy some shitty chinese J-10s maybe some J-20s.
>>
File: Iraq_USA_M1A1M_penetration.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Iraq_USA_M1A1M_penetration.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>32852012
>ATGMs
Syria, Ukraine and Yemen have all shown the effectiveness of ATGMs. Available in large numbers and very difficult to target.

>MANPADS
Deny the US the ability to use helicopters wherever they want. Similar to ATGMs MANPADS teams are easily dispersed and hidden.

>Mines
Extremely cheap and effective at slowing down advancing forces. Have the major downside of taking time to implement but the low investment cost is too low to pass up.

>Theater cruise or ballistic missiles
While at high risk of being taken out during the initial stages and very expensive the ability to hold targets located in the COTUS at risk is invaluable.

>AShM
Decreases USN mobility. Looks good on propaganda.
>>
>>32853498
Yes, the only people who have ever handled firearms are those who agree with you. I mean fuck domestic terrorism, you've got this down pat. We can close the fucking FBI.
>>
>>32852012

Declare war on the US and watch as they use their military to systematically wipe out all the Cartels, and sue for peace once they've done a good job clearing house. Station loyalist forces in Mexico City and not so subtly inform the "enemy" that they get free reign on everywhere else. Eventually, the liberal half of the US will whine them out of the war one way or another, so all I have to do is kick back, relax, and occasionally give a Saturday-morning tier villain speech over Twitter.
>>
File: 1485435372462.jpg (14KB, 340x320px) Image search: [Google]
1485435372462.jpg
14KB, 340x320px
>>32852012
>US navy blocks china, leaving it completely irrelevant
>US cooperates with Russia (they don't need a crisis stricken shithole with even less money)
>EU supplies mexico out of spite
>>
>>32852278
>lebensraum

What, the 90% of your country that nobody lives in isn't enough?
>>
>>32853633
And blowing up cartels is going to upset those people? Why are they here in the first place, again? Certainly it can't have anything to do with the significantly reduced risk of being beheaded and having your family killed...
>>
>>32854483
this
>>
>>32852012
I immediately cede control of the country to the US, because then they can't deport citizens from the newest state in the Union
>>
>>32852012
>unacceptable collateral damage that will occur to civilians and infrastructure.

Both Mexicans and Mexican infrastructure are cheap to replace.
>>
AA systems can quickly get ridiculously expensive. you should probably get a 5 year Loan on those things or something.
get some BUKs, S400s. A bunch of Manpads. Iglas can shoot down a low tech drone, right?
>>
>>32852822
You never played Ace Combat 5, did you?
>>
Pocket the pesos and run
>>
>>32852012
Get off my ass and attack the cartels myself with the Mexican military. Invite American ground forces, specifically special forces, and buy a few of the best slavshit AA systems money can for new bases mostly as a bluff. Make it clear there will be no bombings without direct coordination with our forces while otherwise offering access with direct cooperation. Invite them to bring in unarmed drones to help find and target cartel members and sites. Don't let up until the cartels are gone or otherwise no longer capable of maintaining their drug trade. Spend most of the special budget on things required to fight the cartels and stop the drug trade ourselves. I would also try to convince the US leadership to legalize marijuana to injure cartel incomes. The illegal trade cannot possibly compete with massive companies like Marlboro in the US.

It would honestly be stupid for them to be stubborn on this instead of beating the US to the punch on serious military action against the cartels and diplomatic actions with the US in relation to the drug trade. The Mexican military intentionally shooting down a manned US military aircraft with the blessing of their government means no more Mexico as we know it. Mexico would be FAR better off cooperating than trying to fight.
>>
>>32852012
I would probably say "fuck that" and draft a Status of Forces Agreement that explicitly requests US assistance with enforcing Mexican law, and grants US forces the authority to do so. Request ISR assets. If possible, authorize airstrikes in support of anti-cartel operations, but limit them to warheads no larger than 15 kilos. Should still be plenty to wreck some Bad Hombres, without causing TOO much collateral damage. Also ensure that the agreement requires annual renewal, and that if not renewed, requires full and complete withdrawal of US forces within the subsequent 9 months.

Hopefully the Senate will find this compromise acceptable and will ratify.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.