[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im going to just be honest as can be and say this. All pistols

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2567.jpg (178KB, 1060x456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2567.jpg
178KB, 1060x456px
Im going to just be honest as can be and say this.

All pistols manufactured by a reputable and good manufacturer are good pistols.

After years and years of shooting and watching reviews by hikock and the like its just dawned on me that probably around 95% of pistols youll pick up today will do their job well. From glock to walther to HK and sig and all the other well known manufacturers.

All these debates are fucking useless bc its like asking what color is best. Its quite literally a very personal decision that no one can really influence.

Please prove me wrong.

Inb4 S&W smegma
Inb4 taurus 24/7

Dont bring up anecdotes. All pistols are for the most part the same. And funtion basically the same and are for the most part as reliable as the next. Am i the only one who sees this?
>>
>>32847765
>Please prove me wrong.
>Dont bring up anecdotes

Suck a cock. Your only experience comes from watching an old hick shoot guns on a youtube page.
>>
Too bad, giving you anecdotal evidence.

Every time I've used a Taurus pistol, whether it be a revolver or their semis, they either controlled for shit in comparison to other competitors, or had issues pop up, usually feeding and ejecting. Other manufacturers just either felt better and/or performed better.
>>
>>32847765
It's the same thing with cars or mac vs pc OP. most modern cars are fine but people wanna be bigots and believe that theirs is the best.
>>
File: 2x4prkgqko5y.gif (498KB, 500x368px) Image search: [Google]
2x4prkgqko5y.gif
498KB, 500x368px
Although I fully agree with you that brand whoring is a terrible thing, this sort of discussion is quite important when not only trying to gauge public opinion, but also revealing problems that would be otherwise swept under the rug by gun manufacturers.

For instance, let's talk about the Remington R1. Yes, we know that Remington has suffered greatly after being acquired, but the general public was largely unaware of just how bad things have declined. After the R1's release, numerous 'reviewers' that were obviously paid off, blindly obedient, or simply ignorant touted it as an excellent pistol until there were reports of firing out of battery and other ridiculous problems.

Although there were exceptions, the vast number of paid advertising disguised as reviews proves the necessity for dialogue regarding products, firearms foremost. Many manufacturers are constantly attempting to cut corners and water down products, and at times public outcry is the only thing holding them back
>>
>>32847778
Anecdotes as is a single fucking model such as S&W smegma. Are you retarded? Do you know what an anecdote is?

Bring up a whole line of weapons from a manufacturer that was just horrible. Thats what im looking for. Or a manufacturer that consitently pumped out trash for years. That would not be anecdotal.
>>
>>32847816
Thats not anecdotal. As i explained ^
Anecdotal would be one single model.
I know taurus is low tier and that is know which is why i said good reputable manufacturers. Taurus is neither of those two things. But regardless what you bring up isnt anecdotal. For example if you brought up the S&W smegma that would be anecdotal bc S&W is a good brand for the most part and they had that piece of shit gun in their line up. But it was just one model. All their other shit was good.
>>
>>32847840
Agreed but as for PC and MAC id say the differences are far to vast to say theyre basically the same. They function so so differently and capabilities are so different as well though i see your point.
>>
>>32848074
Except it's my personal account. Of the Taurus brand guns that I've tried, they've all under performed or just sucked. That makes it anecdotal, because it's my own experience I am relaying.

It'd stop being anecdotal if I brought up recall reports, how many get sent back fro repairs, general function, and etc.
>>
>>32847927
Remington isnt doing so well. So yea i guess im a bit wrong bc they are or were a good brand but they have gone down in the world. Their R1 is horrible and so is their 1911 R1. My god even the tisas shits of remmies 1911 R1.
>>
>>32848119
Nah dude everyone usually dislikes taurus. They are known to make bad products. They make some good stuff but its all mostly low tier.
>>
>>32848119
This. OP cant just define words to mean what they want
>>
File: comfy pepe.jpg (42KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
comfy pepe.jpg
42KB, 409x409px
OP is right for the most part though. Fanboyism runs rampant in the gun world and it's almost worse than in other areas of hobby or special interest. It's on display on a daily basis here on /k/ and it's fucking cancer. If you have a-
>HK
>Sig
>Glock
>Springfeild
>S&W
>Beretta
>FN
>Walther
>CZ
>Ruger
-you have a pretty good gun. I probably forgot one too because some fanboy is bound to get triggered. Even reputable manufacturers like this might churn out an occasional turd, but we are quick to single those out as exceptions because that's exactly what they are.
>>
>>32848183
Exactly. Thats all im saying. And that occasional turd is the anecdote. Thats what i mean. Thank you.
>>
>>32848183
It is fucking cancer on /k/.
Im glad someone said it.
>>
>>32848183
Kahr
>>
>>32848104
im not saying there is not benefit to discussing differences and pros/cons of different things its just dumb to say a glock/pc/chevy is a piece of shit because you like sig/mac/ford
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.