[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did he actually even do in the Coast Guard? Ever any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 12

File: Chris Costa young 2.jpg (32KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Chris Costa young 2.jpg
32KB, 480x480px
What did he actually even do in the Coast Guard? Ever any serious operating?
>>
He trained international units on firearms handling and tactics, also did a few boardings IIRC but mainly did firearms training.
>>
>>32843851
>coast guard
>operating
you can only have one bro
>>
PUDDLE PIRATE!!!
>>
>>32843851
He's probably comparable to a seasoned member of a large metro SWAT unit. Not necessarily operator when compared to nabee seels and arme rainjers but that doesn't mean he has no idea what he's talking about.
>>
>>32843890
>What is TACLET
>What is MSRT
>What is the only other branch to have people serve as Navy Seals
>>
>>32843872
I dont get this. What international units are going to the Coast Guard for small arms manipulation and small unit tactics?

Can't they get something better from say... i dont know... any other of the branches of the US military?

Why the Coast Guard?
>>
File: CG17.jpg (3MB, 3872x2592px) Image search: [Google]
CG17.jpg
3MB, 3872x2592px
>>32843890
>Coast Guard
>Not operating
>What is the Maritime Security Response Team boarding pirate ships off the horn of africa
>>
File: CG16.jpg (1MB, 3008x2000px) Image search: [Google]
CG16.jpg
1MB, 3008x2000px
>>32844013
Coast Guard SEALs aint a think anymore
>>
File: 1441574992001.jpg (81KB, 677x960px) Image search: [Google]
1441574992001.jpg
81KB, 677x960px
>>32844016
>Why the Coast Guard?

theoretically boarding ships and fighting pirates is a very tactical setting iwth lots of CQB.
>>
>>32844032
are you uscg by any chance?
>>
>>32844032
Why board when they could just sink it or blow it up or something?
>>
>>32844032
>>What is the Maritime Security Response Team boarding pirate ships off the horn of africa

faaar outside of their jurisdiction, thats what they are....
>>
>>32844054

Why pull someone over when you could just blow up their car?

Do you think before you type?
>>
>>32844032
Are there many pirates along the US coast?
>>
>>32844069
Pirates are not operating within the framework of a highway code, and are not civilians being policed by other civilians in a domestic jurisprudence, and usually operate outside territorial waters?

Calm your autism, it was just a question.
>>
File: 1477022859283.jpg (52KB, 641x960px) Image search: [Google]
1477022859283.jpg
52KB, 641x960px
>>32844016
Coast Guard interacts a lot with both international law enforcement, counter terrorism, and naval units. They have the permission to board vessels outside of combat/war unlike the US Navy and they work internationally wherever the Navy does.

My father for example used to be stationed with Naval ships in regions with a lot of illegal migrants or pirates. In order to board a ship, the Navy has to have a Coastie with them. This experience does lend itself well to teaching CQB courses for both military and law enforcment groups. Not very many people are traine don navigating and fighting within ships, and Costa was one of the people that filled that niche. He used that niche to apply it to civilian training.
>>
>>32844048
Nope. May try to enter as an officer via OCS at some point though
>>
>>32844093
>He used that niche to apply it to civilian training.
still a dirty beaner. should ahve to go back.
>>
>>32844073
>>32844063
You guys are idiots. The Coast Guard operates internationally and has boarding teams on a huge amount of US Navy ships because they are legally permitted to board almost any ship while it not being an act of war because it falls under the department of homeland security as opposed to the department of defense. You dingus.
>>
>>32844093
What did your dad do in the Coast Guard?
>>
>>32844118
Much luck to you, I'm considering enlisting to go MES.
>>
File: 1485384261664.jpg (128KB, 799x627px) Image search: [Google]
1485384261664.jpg
128KB, 799x627px
>>32844142
You know his family has been in the US and serving in the military for years, right?
>>
File: Chris Costa young 3.jpg (97KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Chris Costa young 3.jpg
97KB, 500x500px
>>32844142
... He is Portuguese American? His family has been in the United States for many generations...
>>
>>32844145
>we are american, fuck you! pew pew

imagine Russia setting up the same shit and acting like that. WW3 in 3... 2... 1....
>>
>>32844154
You too!
>>
>>32844157
>and serving in the military for years

welfare queens detected.
>>
>>32844152
Was a quartermaster and navigator at first, then later on transitioned into BM and became a Warrant Officer. He did quite a few boardings as a BM.
>>
File: CG 54.jpg (464KB, 1596x1197px) Image search: [Google]
CG 54.jpg
464KB, 1596x1197px
>>32844164
... I am not justifying it. I am just telling you the way it is. Also, Russia traditionally has let the US Coast Guard use its ports in Vladivostok. Pic related. You are an idiot
>>
>>32844179
Interesting. What exactly do Warrant Officers do in the Coast Guard?
>>
>>32844195
After he became a Warrant he did a lot of administrative work as well as transitioned from piloting small boats and Cutters to the mid-large sized Cutters. Last year he was in he mainly made sure people actually did their jobs and only did a couple boardings. He did navigation throughout his career though.

As for other Warrants I honestly don't know. I'm going to start asking my dad a lot of questions since I got accepted into the USCG academy. I hope I don't leave the academy a pompous asshole.
>>
>>32844040

The time that he was in, it was a thing. So tech he could of operated at a time that had it going.

Either way, if his career in firearms ever takes a plummet, he can prob snag a job training airsoft fags. Those slanted eyed fucks love him.
>>
>>32844238
Wow, nice. Best of luck to you. What kind of career do you want to have as an officer exactly?

>>32844265
He ever consider doing the coast guard seal thing?
>>
>>32844186
>Vladivostok
Thaaaats... Kodiak, Alaska
>>
>>32844286
Probably ME or GM if I'm able to.
>>
File: CG 52.jpg (367KB, 2000x1361px) Image search: [Google]
CG 52.jpg
367KB, 2000x1361px
>>32844294
whoops meant to post this
>>
>>32844306
GM?
>>
>>32844306
I would love to go ME, the wait for the A school is a long time but I know it would be so worth it
>>
>>32844323
Gunner's mate

Handling all the firearms aboard Cutters and in station armories. Also doing armorer's work as well.
>>
>>32844346
interesting. There are officers for this? I thought coast guard officers were usually moreso jack of all trades types. Like officers are designated as 'afloat" if they do stuff at sea
>>
>>32844362
Maybe, I'm going to have to do a lot more research before I ultimately decide. I'm fairly certain that I'd have other jobs to do considering the man shortage in the USCG but for the most part I'd probably be handling the ship's and crew's armaments. I may ultimately just do navigation work and do shit in the bridge just as my dad did during his latter years of service.
>>
>>32844013
the got what, two people all the way through the SEAL pipeline? yea, I knew the Coasties would never be able to stand up their own team like they hoped.
>>
>>32844089
You realize kidnapping and randsom of the crew and ship are the main money makers for most pirates right? Do you see how blowing up hostages and millions of dollars worth of goods and vehicles doesn't go over well?
>>
>>32844163
is his dad OCing?
>>
Look, Costa might be a bit of a tryhard faggot pushing exaggerated techniques, but the whole "lol Coast Guard what a faggot" stuff is a little out of line. While we're out on the range or in the woods having fun with our guns, those dudes are at the very least training to fast rope off of helicopters, raid boats and shoot dudes. At the very least their profession is 100x more /k/ than a majority of the folks around here.

>inb4 combat arms guys talk about muh deployments

I get it, he's never been in that sort of shit, which is probably the why all the teaching I see from him revolves very little fire and maneuver type shit and more "here's how to make dead people at 0-100 yards."
>>
>>32844063
You might want to research that before posting next time
>>
File: cop operators.jpg (530KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
cop operators.jpg
530KB, 1280x1920px
>>32844464
CG is moar liek "how do we harrass hard working fisherman" as we land on their boat equipped like helmand province A-stan operators in 2011... just tryhard fgt LE scumbag things...
>>
>>32844170
>welfare queens

We're talking about military personnel, not schoolteachers.
>>
>>32844496
>You might want to research that before posting next time
Sorry Bandit Keith....
>>
>>32844195
Technical mastery of their specialty or field. They have answers to the problems that have MCPOs scratching their heads.

They'll typically serve as First Lt. or MPA on larger units, can be EO on smaller units. When I was at Port Clarence, the CO was a warrant ET. XO was a chief ET. We had a lot of ETs.
>>
>>32844501
Cops are not operators
>>
>>32844560
>Cops are not operators
thats the point. they do see themselves as operators though.
>>
>>32844592
Some do, absolutely. Cops are just like everyone else in the world though, you get all types. I became an LEO in a mid-size city after discharging in '08, have had to suffer with my share of idiotic coworkers who think they are kitting up for DA raids every time they clock in. Don't worry, other cops don't like them any more than you do. I also happen to work with some outstanding human beings you exemplify the type of human being you want upholding the rule of law. Real community focused dudes who care more about what's good and right than what's by the numbers. Dudes who can regulate stress and don't act like overbearing dickheads.

That being said, law enforcement is far from relaxing or easy. I get more stress from this job than I did in Fallujah or Ramadi. Seems weird to say, but the edge is pretty unreal day after day, especially when working in some of the less scenic parts of the city.

I really didn't come in with an interest in it but eventually found myself worked into the response team (SWAT) where the stress levels increased even more. You'd be amazed how many dudes do not have a problem with shooting at cops in the ghetto. Dudes who need to be off the streets. Dudes who most should be thankful they don't have to apprehend themselves.

Certainly not operators, but there's some real shit involved in law enforcement. I'm currently waiting to find out if a transfer to the State Troopers will be approved, I want nothing more than to work the interstates at this point.
>>
>>32844674
>I get more stress from this job than I did in Fallujah or Ramadi. Seems weird to say

no, seems perfectly reasonable. bullets are bullets. and killing a hadji because you got startled and killing one of Obama's sons for the same reason has different consequences.
>>
>>32844674
>I get more stress from this job than I did in Fallujah or Ramadi
I've heard people say this before giving the reason that overseas they could expect to be attacked but here you never know.
>>
If you are looking to join the uscg and want to actually do shit, go enlisted. Officers (especially jos) that aren't pilots only do bitch work.
>>
>>32844871
What kind of bitch work? What do you mean?
>>
>>32844988
the Coast Guard is just like any other .mil branch, lots of boredom and police calls. except they get the added bonus of chipping paint.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.