[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /k/, I'm ready to start collecting firearms. I really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: DSC00244_zps5tgoi7zq.jpg (228KB, 1019x364px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00244_zps5tgoi7zq.jpg
228KB, 1019x364px
Hello /k/, I'm ready to start collecting firearms. I really love historical wooden weapons. I am planning on buying 91/30 Mosin. Any words of warning or other rifles I should look at?
>>
File: KIMG0170.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0170.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Buy mine.
>>
>>32843378
If you're buying a mosin you need to know what to look for do you don't end up with a shit example. So do a lot of research before hand, or you could save up a little more and buy a Turk Mauser or some shit

You should always check on any milsurp rifle the
>bore
>crown (end of muzzle)
>cracks in stock
>any major rust if not coated in cosmoline
>>
>>32843378
Why are you getting a mosin?

Legit question. If you actually like historically there's nothing wrong with getting one, but the meme that they're the ultimate starting rifle is stale and needs to die.

Seriously consider what gun you actually want most (within reason) before purchasing one. You'll be glad you got the one you wanted right off instead of going for something "cheap" (they're not really anymore) and then having to sell it so that you could get what you actually wanted.
>>
>>32843477

80% for the historical significance

20% because they are cheap.

I understand the 'get what you pay for' I don't expect perfection out of a rifle that's been sitting in cosmoline in a crate for 70 years. That being said I'm a beginner and will definitely consider getting something that just works and ticks my other boxes.
>>
>>32843528
Mosins aren't cheap any more. You can get way better rifles for basically the same range mosins are in currently.
>>
>>32843544

Can you not get an 8/10 mosin for $200-$250 anymore?
>>
>>32843528
Many other rifles can be had in the same range as a mosin these days. Turk, czech, or yugo mausers all come to mind, or even more exotic-working guns like the Lebel can be had around $300. Ammunition on these guns is more expensive, but the mausers are generally better mechanical and with something like a Lebel at least you have a rifle that says "I like history" and not "Jesus christ help me I am direly poor and ignorant about firearms"
>>
>>32843378
have you considered Arisakas?
>>
>>32843567
No, You can get a 6/10 for about 290.
>>
>>32843567
It's not impossible, but as I said you can get better guns now. People liked mosins before because they were $100~ and ammo was incredibly cheap. Now the ammo is 50 cents a round which is more then even 303 british. I'd just get a schmitd rubin k11 from SOG or a spanish mauser from jg and they throw in 100 rounds of 7mm mauser for 30 bucks.
>>
>>32843614
I like the S-R K11.
>>
>>32843742
http://www.southernohiogun.com/longguns/surplus-longguns/swiss-schmidt-rubin-rifle-m1896-11-7-5x55mm.html

I have a k31 and it's one of my favorite guns in my decent sized milsurp collection. The trigger on it is one of the best triggers I've ever felt and even beats out some of the modern rifles I own. People say that the 1911 is just as accurate as the k31.
>>
>>32843378
I am also a pleb just getting into milsurp. My most recent purchases after my ex dragoon have been a K31 and a Steyr M95. M95 was $200 and the K31 $350.
>>
>>32843378
I am a huge fan of Mausers, especially Vz24s or M48s
>>
File: m2447.jpg (70KB, 720x540px)
m2447.jpg
70KB, 720x540px
>>32843971
a friend wants to sell me his yugo m24/47
>>
>>32843449
How much?
>>
Mosin, Mauser, Lebel, Krag, Mannlicher, M/36, Rubin - that'll cover the major bolt types.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.