[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>meanwhile in 19th century frontier /k/ Y'all buying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

>meanwhile in 19th century frontier /k/

Y'all buying into all these cartridge revolvers? I reckon I just don't see point, being as how I can just carry two spare cylinders for my 1858 Remington.

Worked in the war, why it won't work now, I do not see.
>>
>>32835067
>Changing cylinders
>In the war

Congrats on dodging the draft, you cowardly civilian. Even rebs have more honor than you.
>>
>>32835083

I see somebody couldn't manage a field commission. Too bad you shitbagged your way through the war, son. I myself used my pay to order a Remington. Which, as you might not know, facilitates a rapid reload.

I swear, some rear echelon sumbitch is always trying to start a thing they can't finish.
>>
File: 1442529528962.jpg (82KB, 500x383px) Image search: [Google]
1442529528962.jpg
82KB, 500x383px
>>32835083
>>32835067

Hmm...How unsporting. No wonder Yankees got scalped by the Indians. In England we took only one shot to kill Zulus and Huns.
Now gentlemen, I must excuse myself to drink this rad drink. GOD SAVES THE KING!
>>
File: 3revolversunioncavalrysaber.jpg (40KB, 401x603px) Image search: [Google]
3revolversunioncavalrysaber.jpg
40KB, 401x603px
>>32835093
You expect me to believe you actually served while spouting such nonsense?

Even poor Johnny's cavalry knew to simply bring another gun. We were simply issued two to begin with, as a benefit of choosing the side with actual factories.

Likeness related, a fellow from my unit demonstrating the proper way one prepares to dispatch many rebels.
>>
I would sooner trust my beard to be shaved by a Lakota screamer than depend upon a cartridge made so carelessly by Winchester.

Why, I have heard that striking such an infernal device against a pointed rock or nail would cause it to explode in your hand. What sane man would carry such on his waist or back?
>>
>>32835124

That goes for cavalry, son. I only took to horseback to ride up and down the gunline. Cavalry may have fought the war, boy, but my cannon won it.
>>
>>32835108
>In England we took only one shot to kill Zulus and Huns.

Ah, yes, the crown's weaponry. A lot of good it did those rebs to have your finest weapons on their side when we had the Henry. Don't worry, I'm sure you will be able to purchase such modern weaponry sooner or later, for a suitable price.

In the mean time I'm glad to hear your weapons are doing well against the Zulu menace. Do send my regards to Colonol Durnford, would you?

Oh, wait. That's right.

My apologies.
>>
Did any o yall hear about them new rifles that you load on Sunday and shoot all week?
>>
>>32835176

Aye, we all have.

Are you any good with a shooting iron?
>>
File: p31_web.jpg (481KB, 1309x2000px) Image search: [Google]
p31_web.jpg
481KB, 1309x2000px
Bloody yanks, if I wished to kill horses I would use a rifle and your insistence on rattled out surplus single actions is endearing if you weren't so destitute , any landed gentleman has better things to do than cock a sidearm in the heat of battle.
>>
>>32835200

OP here. I showed many a horse a quick stop with those .44 caliber balls. A real gentleman has much better to do than a rifleman's job.

So I reckon you're either some salty corporal or you just can't shoot.
>>
>>32835200
>British
>In charge of weapon selection

Does the landed gentleman not have better things to do than to ram a cartridge down the muzzle of his rifle as though it were still the Napoleonic wars? Or does the landed gentleman buy a Belgian made rifle that was based on an American design, because that's how British he is?
>>
>>32835220
.445 is a true manstopper but your ridiculous charges do nothing but bellow smoke and cause terrible jarring for nothing. 11 grains with a pure lead progectile in .455 is more than sufficient to take anything that walks on two legs.

>>32835238
Maybe if it weren't for the ridiculous patent you Yankee lawyers granted to a Mr. White there wouldn't be need for such nonsense.
>>
>>32835238

Don't mind him. He's just ruffled because we sent all of the misfits back to England.

If it'll soothe you Johnny Rebs a bit, I was from Alabama, originally, but we failed tobacco farming when I was a boy and moved out west to raise cattle. I was a copperhead back then. I had to valuate my business interests when I chose a side.

I- I want y'all to know that I never was proud that we had to go shooting at each other over those darkies.

I'll tell you what, with these railheads and spurlines being wrapped up, there'll be real money in beef. I'll hire any Reb all day. I never saw a set of beings that could sit a horse so well.
>>
>>32835279
The white patent? But I thought you landed gentlemen were too good for handguns? Or do you brits actually propose to use cartridges in revolving carbines? Come on now. We Americans had an entire war in which to prove how awful those things are, and the superiority of repeating firearms.

Swallow your pride and get yourself a Winchester. If you cannot, perhaps a gunsmith well-taught by an American can help you to at least turn your Enfield into something resembling a modern firearm.
>>
>>32835322
The entire chain of correspondence was with regard to hand guns, you corn liquor addled roustabout.
>>
>>32835349

You'll hold your tongue, you sonofabitch.

This man may have been a reb, but we're all Americans, now.

It would behoove you not to walk these streets, son. I'd call you out and make short dispatch of you.
>>
>>32835349
You expressed at the beginning that you had better things to do than to cock sidearms.

If that is still the case, perhaps you should consider purchasing an American-made Colt Thunderer, which requires no cocking between shots. Or, for the effete hands of a British gentleman, perhaps the "Rainmaker" model would be more suitable.
>>
>>32835180
No one beats Ira Shelton with irons!
>>
File: opium-canton.jpg (219KB, 728x643px) Image search: [Google]
opium-canton.jpg
219KB, 728x643px
My name is Dr. Fu Manchu and gentlemen, I need an advise. As user and also respected owner of best Opium Dens in whole Peking and Canton, my establishment provided source of opium for my Chinamen and foreigner for 'medical' purpose. That's was righteous....Now the Qing police pigs and barbaric Boxer terrorist want to take over saying "opiums are bad". Now I need good your foreign guns to protect my establishment and my patron. What is the good guns and suitable calibre to take down a crazed Boxer?

This picture is very related. Its my customer.
>>
>>32835409

I can see that .41 caliber catching on one of these days.

But as for the .38 Colt? Perhaps I'm biased, but if you're going to shoot that caliber, you're better off with a cartridge conversion of the many .36 caliber revolvers selling for less than twenty minutes with a good whore.
>>
>>32835430

You're the man who shoots birds for betting money, right?

How far can you shoot? And how picky are you on the subject of targets?
>>
>>32835409
If I wanted a rainmaker I would bed a mongrel Metis from the north but the stink of French is too much.

That aside it is terribly delicate and I would rather a good Bulldog made by Webley if I were to be with cartridges but by then the railroads would already be in and the Frontier turned to barbed wire fenced fields.
>>
>>32835435
Buy yourself a true, American-made Winchester. The military may be slow to adopt them, but I'm telling you. These lever-action repeating rifles are the future of warfare. In 20 years, all modern armies will carry Winchester rifles, or some derivative thereof.
>>
>>32835486

Take a green private out of Chicago and give him a lever action rifle to take to the bloodlands of the west?

No rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness on the first shot.

Teach him to shoot and give him something that stands to stop a Kiowa out past 150 yards.

How many of you boys have ever been waylaid by the heathens? I would rather avoid them altogether, but they do seem to pick a fight.

I've survived Comanche, Kiowa and even once a far-northerly Apache raid.
>>
>>32835529
I was at Petersburg, and let me tell you I would very much have liked to have had one of those fancy yellow rifles I was down in the crater. The rebs were close enough to smell, and had we all been carrying Henries we could have ended the war right there and then.
>>
>>32835083
>Congrats on dodging the draft, you cowardly civilian.

No white man had anything to gain from that war. I wouldn't fight for rich slaveholders (no objection to slavery tho) nor would I be interested in dying for dindus. Time to GTFO Westward and leave fools to die.
>>
>>32835588

If you can shoot, it would be in your benefit to have such a weapon. If you're a less than average marksman, it's in your unit's interest to have you with a single-shot.
>>
>>32835625

I agree with this man. There was no honor in shooting each other over those crazy black niggers.
>>
>>32835625
A man who has nothing he would die for has no reason to live.

You are lowlier than the most traitorous of rebs, and may your scalp serve as the cod piece of a savage as he does his will to your wife and daughters.
>>
>>32835155
This
>>
>>32835670

This man has a point, as well. I wonder if we ever shot at each other?
>>
File: IMG_20161002_004421.jpg (4MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161002_004421.jpg
4MB, 3120x4160px
>>32835067
To all people who suffer stomach ailments, do not purchase this product from your local druggist. It's a crock of snake oil of the highest kind and you will simply expelled your bowels.
>>
>>32835155
You say this as though percussion caps were not just as volatile, to say nothing of carrying a sack full of lead ball and raw gunpowder. Though I admittedly never saw it myself (and likely would not have survived if I did), I heard tales of men's munition pouches becoming almost like canister shot when struck, blowing the poor soldier to pieces and riddling his comrades with shrapnel.

Surely it is better to contain the powder in a hard, metal case than to carry such a large, singular flask?
>>
File: IMG_20170131_110605.jpg (160KB, 960x546px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170131_110605.jpg
160KB, 960x546px
>>32835067
Yankees and carpetbaggers, all of your Ilk, leave this land! We're rekomstruktid already
>>
>>32835748
What profligate thoughts to turn down the opportunities that mechanisation and modernity do bring. I expect familial licentiousness to be brought forth from hill-dwelling folk such as thee, but antagonism towards the onward march of progress is too much to bear.
>>
>>32835835

I'd hardly call what we did "progress"

You goddamn carpetbaggers are the worst. At least I had the decency to go home.
>>
>>32835726
>you will simply expelled your bowels.

Sign me up. I haven't had a proper shit in weeks.
>>
>>32835654
>" Yours very sincerely and respectfully, Abarham Lincoln"
>>
>>32835905

He's a little bit dead
>>
>>32835880
Those Irish papists will be much displeased to discover I have usurped their position for the title of 'worst' for the mere offence of economic rehabilitation.
>>
>>32835726
And where do you suggest I get my stomach remedies from then? I wager you've been given your commission of 10 cents already for touting your rubbish.
>>
>>32835932

Say what you will, but Irishmen are building the economy of the West. Them and the damn Cooleys.
>>
>>32835452
Wagh! Aint a niggur here that could outshoot Ira Shelton. Put 50 Blackfoot uner ridin with ol Diah up south pass!
Why, I had a scrape with Ols Ephraim himself, caught with nuthin but muh possibles an all it cost me was a good Green River.
>>
>>32836063

How would you like a little work?
>>
>>32836084
Well plews just dont shine like they did.
Heard Ol Joe Meek's guidin wagons and Bridger's smithin. Critturs like us weren made for this world of pigs and churches and hatchet faced women. You can get me back to those mountains, back to that veritable Kentuck of a place, Im your man.
>>
>>32836218

We're going to ride against the heathens.
>>
>>32836462
Wagh! Ever since Jed was rubbed out down Taos, Ive been itchin to deliver recompense to the niggurs
>>
>>32836629

We shall ride on the heathens, then. We will clear the territory of them and settle the land for grazing.

Who will throw in with us?
>>
File: 544px-Queen_Victoria_by_Bassano.jpg (76KB, 544x768px) Image search: [Google]
544px-Queen_Victoria_by_Bassano.jpg
76KB, 544x768px
>>32835108
>GOD SAVES THE KING!
Gentleman, in which year are you living?
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.