[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anyone here an EMT/paramedic? What's the work like?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Red-Cross101.png (6KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
Red-Cross101.png
6KB, 900x600px
Is anyone here an EMT/paramedic? What's the work like?

I'm an office worker in my mid 20's, becoming disillusioned with working for a globalist corporation that makes the world a worse place. I want to do something that would make me proud of myself and help people. Joining the army in this country would mean travelling to Africa or the middle east to do police work for a bunch of dindus under the UN, I probably wouldn't have the health for it either. Thought about maybe first aid work? I have occupational first aid training, thought it was really interesting.
>>
>>32828467
Irish?
>>
>>32828511

Yep
>>
>>32828467

I myself am not one, I did use to see them every day, multiple times a day (I worked in the ER) was always told that they don't do it for the pay (most places pay shit) that you do it usually as a stepping stone, or cause you want to truly help ppl.

What you do for them when you show up on scene, could be enough so they can get to a hospital for real help. You're also gonna have to get use to lifting heavy as fuck ppl, lifting those heavy as fuck ppl from awkward positions.
>>
>>32828525
Same reason I didn't enlist myself, where you from? I'm from skerries Co. Dublin myself originally, spent most of my life in Drogheda in Louth though.

Hoping to try for the guards.
>>
>>32828542

South Dublin. The ambulances here are run by the Dublin fire brigade, those guys are absolute legends, I met a few, sound as hell. The hospitals are a mess in this country but I genuinely got the impression that the ambulance service is top-notch.
>>
>>32828577
Ireland /k/ommando and sc/out/ meetup when?

https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=995316#
>>
Lurking for stories and info.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.