[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the cheapest non-.22lr cartdridge i could shoot out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: DSC01600.jpg (142KB, 750x373px) Image search: [Google]
DSC01600.jpg
142KB, 750x373px
What's the cheapest non-.22lr cartdridge i could shoot out of a rifle for plinking?

Also pls consider cost of rifle
>>
>>32825569
9mm. Get a hi-point carbine.
>>
>>32825569
If you shoot with any regularity the cost is ammo is going to go far above the cost of the rifle.

Pretty much your best bets are 7.62x39 or 5.56x45. The former is a few cents cheaper, but they both perform differently.
>>
>>32825575
Not OP, but are those actually nice? Been trying to decide between one of those or the kel-tec one, and can't quite choose.
>>
Or a 9mm like >>32825575 said

But in my experience 9mm and 7.62x39 aren't all that different price-wise.
>>
90s rigid mountain bike with slicks
>>
>>32825586
Kel-Tec ones have better magazine choices.

I wouldn't call them overly comfortable to shoot in their stock form, though. Your cheek goes right over the bare metal buffer tube.
>>
>>32825586
They're no ARs, but they perform reasonably well from what I understand. Given the price point it's hard to argue with one as a range toy, though I'd seriously consider just about anything else for home defense or other practical use.

Haven't heard much about lelkek's offering in that department, couldn't say how they stack up.
>>
File: 995TS.jpg (57KB, 940x275px) Image search: [Google]
995TS.jpg
57KB, 940x275px
>>32825575
do you think i could put wood furniture on it?

Ive shot one before (only like 6 rds), but idk how easy it is to disassemble
>>
>>32825623
You could if you made it yourself. Might almost look kind of sexy with a sleek thumbhole stock and checkered wooden foregrip.
>>
OP here, so ammoseek is saying that .223 and 7.62x39 are both about 20 cents per round, whereas it has 9mm at about 15 cents per round

The catch is I already have an NPAP, so at what point would the cost of 7.62x39 outweigh the cost of a hi point rifle + ammo?

0.145(rounds) + 269.00 = (cost)
0.200(rounds) = (cost)

So the threshold here if you already have an AK but not a hi point is 4,891 rounds, after which the hi point becomes cheaper to shoot
>>
File: IMG_2704.jpg (844KB, 1592x1132px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2704.jpg
844KB, 1592x1132px
>>32825569
Either get a higher powered (preferably 22) pellet rifle for plinking, or you'll just be getting into normal cost ammo and there's no such thing as cheap any more.
After you spend money on the gun and $10 spinner targets to clank, shooting is all but free.
I'd never "plink" with a pistol caliber unless I had an extremely short range where it can drop like a rock and I won't care.
I'd go to shooting steel cased 223/545/762.
>>
>>32825623
if cost is such an issue, why change it? the poly furniture, while ugly, works fine.
use the money to buy more ammo instead.
but anyway, i do think anon above has the best suggestion, the hi point carbine in 9mm
>>
>>32825772
If you already have a 7.62x39 why are you looking for a cheap to shoot centerfire rifle? You're already pretty much as good as it gets, budget wise. For accuracy and long range shooting a 5.56 might serve you a bit better but honestly to plink cheaply with a longarm you're pretty set.
>>
>>32825772
4891 rounds = $978.20 btw

So after you spend a grand in ammo does the hipoint become worth shooting

That being said i like pistol carbines anyway, so it might be worth it
>>
>>32825658
Maybe, but i'm pretty sure the mags go into the handle?
>>
>>32825586
They are ugly as sin but they will work.
>>
>>32825569
no joke? an air rifle/ pellet gun. Cheap as fuck. now you know.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.