[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do they make a stab and bullet proof vest? I can only find one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: download (7).jpg (3KB, 198x255px) Image search: [Google]
download (7).jpg
3KB, 198x255px
Do they make a stab and bullet proof vest? I can only find one or the other. Should I go full autism and wear mail under a bullet proof vest?
>>
are you at risk of being stabbed or do you just want an excuse to wear armor
>>
Aren't most soft vests atleast slash proof?
>>
>>32823466
Yes I am at risk of being stabbed.
>>
US Palm makes a vest like that. Its made out of milk bottles UHDPE or something
>>
If you want a reasonably fashionable stab-proof vest/jacket just get a thick leather one.
>>
>>32823533
Thick leather would help with slashes but not stabs
>>
>>32823462
All solid plates are basically stab-proof. BulletProofMe has a soft Level IIIA-Stab 2 vest.
>>
Just buy some chainmail and wear it underneath your regular clothing.

If you're seriously at risk of being stabbed then the ascetics of it wont matter to you as long as you know you're protected.
>>
File: 1485374594169.png (123KB, 186x320px) Image search: [Google]
1485374594169.png
123KB, 186x320px
>>32823623
>be urban youth
>a large white man waddles down the street, clinking
>I assume he has much currency with him
>I decide to rob him to fund my illegal hobbies and the mothers of my children
>stab him in the back as he stared at his phone and whispers something about his problem solver
>stab is futile, the man wheezes and reaches for his groin, which I doubt he is able to see
>stab him in the neck, retrieve his material possessions and flee before the authorities arrive
>>
>>32823462
Last year I made the decision to trust my life on the street to Second Chance body armor. I got the level IIa because it stops the most rounds. plus I got the Trauma Plate for the front.

What scares me is that, although I can fit an extra trauma plate in the front, I cannot fit a second one in back. As of late I have taken to duct-taping a second trauma plate to the area of my back where the heart and vital organs are located. Then I put my vest on.

Here is the questions. The ducttape solution, although tactically sound, is hot and painful to remove. I would like to go to the single-plate solution in back. What I am worried about is repeated hits to that area with .308 ammunition. I have a high-risk security job and I fear that I would be the target for repeated long-distance shots to my back.

Are any of you aware of a thicker plate that could stop, say, .338 Lapua or something like that? Is there a better way to do the second plate?
>>
>>32823685
.338 would probably crush all your ribs if it hit you at terminal velocity
>>
>>32823685
Just weave the duct tape in layers. Its 4 times stronger than silk. Also cut back on high carbohydrates like pasta.
>>
>>32823704
>>32823711
>people are legitimately replying to geko45.txt
I guess /k/ really is dead
>>
>>32823685
>I have a high-risk security job and I fear that I would be the target for repeated long-distance shots to my back.

Why are you standing around waving your back at snipers long enough for multiple shots? That's not security, that's being a range target.
>>
>>32823724
>Just weave the duct tape in layers. Its 4 times stronger than silk. Also cut back on high carbohydrates like pasta.
You... think this is serious? /k/ isn't dead, just dumb as a spam can.
>>
File: hjhj.jpg (6KB, 235x206px) Image search: [Google]
hjhj.jpg
6KB, 235x206px
>>32823760
It's the fact they replied to it as if it wasn't copypasta in the first place.
It's pretty much one of the most iconic pastas of /k/
>>
>>32823685
>three replies treating this as serious
Christ /k/ is slipping.
>>
>>32823685
>>32823704
>>32823711
>>32823724
>>32823747
>>32823760
>>32823775
>>32823793

Can't figure out who is trolling who.
>>
>>32823724
>>32823803
Guessing I just 8 some b8. oh well. I have a life and don't browse 4chin often.
>>
>>32823462
They said my Kevlar flak jacket could deflect a 9mm without sappis. With a ceramic plate, well you should know you are on /k/.

Just don't buy some cheap Made In China garbage and you'll probably be OK. Who's shooting at us anyways? I free ball Son.
>>
>>32823685
Hola MallNinja.
>>
http://www.safeguardclothing.com/coolmax-ii-bullet-1-stab/
>>
>>32823462
british surplus stab vests are on ebay pretty cheap
>>
File: 1466972890623.png (85KB, 402x416px) Image search: [Google]
1466972890623.png
85KB, 402x416px
>>32823462
just wear a stab vest under the bullet vest
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.