[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ok, so I rented a USP45 today. I know some ranges don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6

File: HK-416.png (473KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
HK-416.png
473KB, 1024x1024px
ok, so I rented a USP45 today.
I know some ranges don't really take care of their rental guns that well, and the gun looked kind of used and abused. Personally, I've not shot enough to really be a trigger connoisseur but I have to ask;

Are HK triggers all that god damn squishy? There wasn't any sort of break, it felt like I was squeezing air. Also, is it normal for the slide to come back much more violently in SA? The gun shot pretty tame when decocked, but it felt way more jumpy in subsequent shots.

IS this normal with USP line? Or is my range rental very unloved?
>>
Do you know what variant the trigger was?
>>
>>32822574
I handled a used USP 45ct back to back with a like-new 9mm full sized variant (when I ended up buying the 9).

Both guns DA triggers were long and consistent, yet, they had that "plastic on plastic" grabby feeling in some spots. SA was fine. Short take up and clean break.

I do notice that, on my 9mm, there is a sort of "half cock" hammer position (it is not an LEM trigger) that makes the DA seem better. The hammer protrudes just a slight amount more than when it is completely down, and the DA pull has maybe a quarter less travel.
Oddly, when cocked to this position, you cannot decock it without fully pulling the hammer back and then decocking. I'm not sure if this is a regular USP "thing" since the 45 I handled had a flush hammer.

All in all, I have little to complain about when it comes to the USP. Always wanted one and I love shooting it.
>>
>>32822939
sorry to say, but no. But I'm guessing it's not the LEM trigger. I am not too familiar with HK pistols in general.
Been thinking about getting a USP45.
>>
File: M4_SOPMOD_II.png (857KB, 1191x1536px) Image search: [Google]
M4_SOPMOD_II.png
857KB, 1191x1536px
>>32823001
Well, like I said, I haven't really shot enough handguns to really begin to appreciate triggers. But the 45 I had just felt like pulling on a "hard floaty pillow". I got used to it after a few shots, but I wasn't sure if this was due to a mistreated range rental or something HK specific.

I don't think it was an LEM trigger.
>>
File: 20170123_213722.jpg (2MB, 2235x1764px) Image search: [Google]
20170123_213722.jpg
2MB, 2235x1764px
>>32823008
You buy a USP for operator nostalgia, there are far better pistols on the market now.
>>
File: 少女前线-G11.png (342KB, 626x900px) Image search: [Google]
少女前线-G11.png
342KB, 626x900px
G11 a cute!
>>
>>32822574
>are HK trigger all that god damn squishy?
99% of them are, yes.
>there wasn't any sort of break
This is typical.
>I felt like I was squeezing air
This is not typical, HK triggers are usually heavy.
>also, is it normal for the slide to come back much more violently in SA?
No. Sounds like your rental had a worn out recoil spring.
>>
File: 1480421378252.jpg (2MB, 2400x1806px) Image search: [Google]
1480421378252.jpg
2MB, 2400x1806px
>>32822574
Rental guns are often not maintained and give you a poor impression of the firearm.

Best way to try something out is to find a buddy who owns one.

It sounds like the recoil spring on that one was shot.
>>
>>32823886
She tired
>>
File: 1447639489342.jpg (63KB, 498x960px) Image search: [Google]
1447639489342.jpg
63KB, 498x960px
>>32823886
>Tfw will never get to fire, nevertheless hold a G11
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.