[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /k/ use for defense against these little fuckers? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 13

File: norway_rat.jpg (34KB, 450x250px) Image search: [Google]
norway_rat.jpg
34KB, 450x250px
What does /k/ use for defense against these little fuckers? I just tried to shoot one that's been living in my garage forever with .22 rat shot and fucking missed.
>>
>>32822131
A pellet rifle and lots of paitence
>>
or dont fuckin miss
>>
At least you used rat shot, man. There are a disturbing number of people who don't, or pretend they don't as bait.

Bucket traps are a good way to go, they work 24/7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF6xwUSkT1k
>>
>>32822178
I'm kicking myself cause I had him in the trashcan but I got impatient waiting for him to come out so I took the bag out and kicked it around a little and the bastard shot off across the garage. Fired at him and missed.

>>32822245
Gonna go set one of these up right now. Shoot he already thinks the trashcan is where food is.
>>
>>32822131
Outsource that job to a cat or a terrier
>>
>>32822131
glue traps and lighter fluid.

I like to go full shock-and-awe.
>>
>>32822131
They're smart, adorable and don't hurt anybody. If you kill them you're an asshole.
>>
I read another thread earlier in which OP mentioned that he missed a raccoon in his basement, when he tried to shoot it with his .45.

I've never shot a gun before, but from what I've read, I'm probably a better shot than most of /k/.
>>
>>32822391
>don't hurt anybody

You come pick up all the trash and rat shit strewn around my garage then. They are smart though.
>>
File: 20170113_135527.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
20170113_135527.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
A cat. No joke, she kills like 2 or 3 a week, and thats just the ones I see her kill, shes probably doing more than that when im asleep or not around.

Also she rides around on my shoulder and acts cheeky and thats pretty cool.
>>
>>32822131
Put a penny into a rat-trap as bait and you're set.
>>
>>32822131
Try aiming.
>>
>>32822391
>don't hurt anybody
Except the fucking plague?
>>
>>32822675
I tried that but my jewish neighbor got into it and I ended up with a lawsuit.
>>
>>32822622
Of the two cats we have one is a fat worthless shit that whines and cries if you set him outside. The other is cute and friendly but has no interest in catching rats.
>>
>>32822696
So white people are responsible for the disease deaths of all those natives?
>>
>>32822710
Stop feeding them. Let them go 3 days with nothing but water.
???
dead rat.
>>
Get a cat.
Leave poisoned food for them(be careful, though, because these faggots likely wont die all together and will rot under your house)
Try not to miss when shooting.
Make some rat traps.
Call an exterminator.
>>
>be me
>brother comes into my room screaming about a mouse in the bathroom cupboard
>grab a plastic bag and get it to fall into the bag
>let it go outside
>a few minutes later he says there's another one
>grab bb gun
>open cupboard
>there's two of the cocksuckers
>pump the gun once, pop the first one in the head and it dies instantly
>do the same to the second, but it runs in a circle and out of the cupboard, getting blood on the floor
They got in through a hole in the top of the cupboard that went into the attic. The fuckers ate an entire bag of cough drops and shit everywhere. Remove rodent.
>>
>>32822391
They are not paying the rent.
>>
>>32822391
"Wild" rats carry almost as many diseases as your mom does. They also are more than happy to get into your food and render the lot of it inedible by pissing and shitting all over it. The average rat is not like a pet rat any more than wild hogs are Wilbur.
>>
>>32822773
This, rats carry all sorts of parasites, bactieria, and viruses. Hemmoragic fever is a fun one, also known as hanta virus.

You get a fever, go crazy, your lungs fill with fluid and you die.

Its a real threat up here for folks moving in to cabins that havent been lived in in a while, sometimes special cleaning teams with respirators gotta exterminate all the rats in a place, wait a few weeks for virus levels to go down, then come back and sterilize the place before the buyer can actually move in.
>>
>>32822797
Up here... where?

/looks paranoid
>>
>>32822724
The plague rats that hitched free rides on ships were responsible. Also I'm pretty sure the plague never got out of Europe and became an epidemic elsewhere. While it was in Europe, it was called the Black Death and it killed 1/3 of the population. The dependents of Europeans are highly disease resistant as a result. That's evolution for you. Just like how whites can digest milk because they incorporated cow genes into themselves or something.

Incidentally, I hear that the Chinese are becoming resistant to lung cancer because the smog keeps killing those with susceptible lungs.
>>
Get a cat. If you really want everything to die get a normally wild cat like a bobcat. Rats can be aggressive little shits so depending on your rat population this might need to be a thing.

There are also dog breeds that were specifically bred for murdering the ever living fuck out of rats.

If you use animals, especially those that would eat them, as part of your rat control skip poison for snap traps. The best bait I've ever seen for mice is golden oreos, get a little bit of both the cookie and the cream then jam them in the tab on a snap trap. I've had them get nailed right after I set the trap and turned my back. I'd assume it'd probably work great on rats too.

Believe it or not some airsoft guns should work. Get a high FPS gun and a bag of .20g-.25g bbs. When I still had mouse problems I'd shoot clean through them with one of mine and kill'em dead. A powerful AEG and some fully loaded midcaps give you a solid full giggle rodent slayer. You might ding up your walls a little but you won't put holes in them and you don't have to rely on one shot. BBs can easily be vacuumed up afterwards. Just make sure you get a facemask in case of ricochet. I'd recommend a steel mesh full face mask, they're also great for those nasty surprise eye gouger branches when out innawoods.
>>
>>32822752
This x100

You feed your cats too much, they turn into literal murder machines once they are truly hungry
>>
>>32822891
>get a normally wild cat like a bobcat

And I thought firing a gun inside was irresponsible...

>>32822892
I don't really want to starve my sisters cat. I mostly just made this thread out of my frustration at being completely out witted by a rat. I'll get some rat sized snap traps and hopefully be done with it.
>>
>>32822964
You can get bobcats as pets. They can apparently be pretty neat. From what I understand the temperament is somewhere between a typical house cat and a dog. You had best be ready to manage an exotic pet before you ever consider one though.

If the problem is rats outside or in a detached garage somewhere a larger cat could easily escape just get the dog or poison them. Don't let your cats outside because they usually kill a lot more than rats.
>>
>>32822829
Northwest. Montana, our neck of the woods.

Dont worry, you need a really bad infestation for it to get that baf. Atleast a couple dozen rats that have been in the same structure for several months.

Its pretty rare, preciseley because people kill rats before they get so numerous.

If you do even rudimentary pest control and sanitation it wont happen.
>>
>>32822131
Had one in my wall once that was chewing its way thru stud after stud from the electrical room in my building. Next day borrowed a CO2 powered .177 air rifle from fellow gunnut at work. After a couple of missed opportunities I sat in the e-room for about an hour until I saw the little bugger. Litterally shot him from point blank. Left him in a bucket to show the lanflord who didn't believe my reports of a rat. I then took a can of Mono brand expanding foam and filled in the holes. Apparently rats don't like the stuff.

You need to deslal with rodent real quick or they multiply like crazy. We were lucky as it appears to be a lone individual and not a nesting pair. *whew!*
>>
>>32823009
>Don't let your cats outside because they usually kill a lot more than rats.
Not a bad thing, though.
>>
have u tried .50?
>>
>>32823073
Cats are murder machines and have no issues killing shit purely for fun. They are a serious threat to local wildlife like birds.
>>
File: Rat Attack.jpg (612KB, 2552x1703px) Image search: [Google]
Rat Attack.jpg
612KB, 2552x1703px
Shovels and Burlap
>>
>>32822131
pellet gun with scopes

.22 is ok but it's kinda noisy if you're shooting indoors

Go to youtube and search for squirrel hunter channel. He had plenty of rat removal video with pellet gun.
>>
>>32822763
>Get a cat.
>Leave poisoned food for them

Don't do these at the same time.
>>
>>32823120
Well obviously.
>>
here is a list of plans for that.
plan A,shotgun with dragons breath
plan B,bigger shotgun
plan B 2.0,NAPALM
plan C,can o spraypaint + zipo
plan D,give it a beer and let it be
>>
>>32822867
The Plague killed even more people on Asia, but lower population densities and more distance between major cities made it a slow burning one
>>
>>32822399
>never shot a gun
>boasts his marksmanship

You're an idiot.
>>
File: IMG_0731.jpg (774KB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0731.jpg
774KB, 2448x2448px
>>32822131
rabbit too
>>
>>32822131
let loose a half starved cat fed with testosterone shots
>>
Just remember, for every one rat you see, there's another 9 hiding. Plinking them rarely dings their population. You must use the epidemiology triangle; the host (you), the agent (rats) and the environment (your house). All 3 "legs" of the triad must be present for the infestation to occur.

Hence, you must break at least one of triad's factors to fully eliminate the rats. In this case, the easiest would be by changing the environment. Eliminate all food sources and bolt holes. Keep your stored food in locked metal cabinets. Don't have bird feeders and put your trash in secure bins. Check there's no leaking pipes that the rats use a source of water. Making your place inhospitable, especially in winter can really push down the rat population. This and the usual poisoning and trapping can potentially eliminate the rats.
>>
>>32822752
>>32822892
If the cat wasn't raised by a mouser or was taken from it's mother too early it won't know how to kill.
>source: had a worthless cat as a kid that would catch mice and just fuck around with them for hours due to not knowing the neck snap wiggle.
A good way to see if a cat can mouse it to see if it sharply shakes toy mice etc it catches when you play with it.
>>
>>32822131

https://www.amazon.com/Catchmaster-Peanut-Butter-Insect-Boards/dp/B003ORTFH0

It was expensive getting enough large glue boards at around $3 a pop. Buying in bulk is still expensive, but at least I can bait multiple places.

Bucket trap wasn't working because the mice would be trying to get to other sources of food and not falling for it. Also it was attracting bugs instead.

Electronic trap worked great, but family wouldn't check the traps or hear the buzzing and a decomposing/pissing rat would render the $40 trap useless.
>>
>>32822245
9mm rat shot
>>
>>32822131

Just take a 5 gallon bucket and fill it with some water. Have said bucket angled slightly and put peanut butter towards the bottom. Mouse, rat what ever goes for it, they fall in and drown, or just kick it long enough for you to come and drown it.
>>
>>32822131
I beat the fuck out of two with a steel baton. One got beat down while escaping from the trash can I trapped him in and the other was stuck on a glue trap.
>>
File: mouser.jpg (1MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
mouser.jpg
1MB, 2688x1520px
>how do you deal with mice
what mice.
>>
>>32822245
Ahhh the water part makes me sad. I'd keep him in the bucket and go let him out somewhere. I guess I'm just sentimental for meeces.
>>
>>32822391
t. Stuart little
>>
>>32822245
might build one of these. Ethically it makes sense to me since they ultimately die by being dumb greedy little faggots. I've always kind of wanted to knife a mouse solid snake style, but I don't think I'd enjoy it once I actually did it and had a big pile of guts on the floor.....alright Im gonna be honest with you I've never actually killed anything bigger than a bug.
>>
>>32822131
>put sticky trap along wall
>bait optional
>check once a day
>dispatch victims with high speed projectile of choice

Once got 3 on one 6" trap. One obvious victim with two failed rescue attempts.
>>
>ratshot
brb calling Bush to tell him we found the WMDs
>>
>>32822131
>>32822131
i keep my buildings clean so that rats don't infest them
>>
>>32822131
>>32822391
I just blew away 2 rabies-infected possum that were too stupid to get out of one of our garbage cans.

Now the cans drain fluids out the bottom.
>>
File: ec2e64_5747186.jpg (117KB, 581x724px) Image search: [Google]
ec2e64_5747186.jpg
117KB, 581x724px
>>32822391

they are assholes and you are a fucking green peace dongsucker.

My parents have a garden with lot of guinea pigs that live in a shed at ground level which they raise as natural garbage bin and potting soil for their plants,
we open their shed the morning so that they eat wild grass outside all day long and we herd them back before the sun goes down.

One day, we found guinea pig corpses and few holes dug a bit everywhere below their shed, it was obvious the cause was fucking rats.
I can't tell how mad we were to lose some of our our cute guinea pigs to some disgusting stinky sewer surfers.

The thing about my parents is that both survived the vietnam war and both seen shit from the vietcongs and lived in the jungle eating all kind of stuff like snakes and insects.
They didn't called for a rat exterminator, instead, my father decided to make homemade traps out of old rodent cages with a trapdoor that shut on itself once the rat start pulling the bait which was just a piece of nem,
we had made at least 3-4 traps of the same kind and spread them around the garden and went to sleep hoping we would catch those rats.

We caught 3 adult rats the next morning and they were all squeeking real hard,
my parents decided to execute them slowlest way possible, thinking their squeeky screams would be heard by the remaining rats underground kinda like a warning to the rest.

1st rat, my mother boiled water in a kettle and poured it on the rat still caged, i think it took at least 3 or 4 fully boiled kettle for it to stop bashing the cage in despair.
2d rat, my father picked up the pellet rifle and went for non-deadly shots to make it agonize longer, 10 minute and 4 shots later it died from blood loss.
3rd rat, my mother decided to bring steel skewer rods and pierced that rat to death, literally.

after the public execution, at least 5 more rats were captured and executed within a month, no more rats appeared ever since.

Fuck you and your rats
>>
>>32830395
Please describe the other executions...
>>
File: TÂN CÔNG.gif (2MB, 500x341px) Image search: [Google]
TÂN CÔNG.gif
2MB, 500x341px
>>32830395

>when anon's parents thought they were tunnel rats and not regular rats
>>
>>32822411
>>32822696
>>32822769
>>32822773
>>32829243
>>32830220
>>32830395
Thanks for all the (you)s folks, I appreciate it.
>>
>>32822391
You reminded me of this.
>>
>>32830395
What the fuck is wrong with your family?
Jesus christ I hate nips. Should've glassed you twice.
>>
>>32823091
Not a bad thing at all
>>
File: [loud trap music].jpg (129KB, 452x680px) Image search: [Google]
[loud trap music].jpg
129KB, 452x680px
>>32833261
>>32833261
>Should've glassed you twice
ah, but we did!
>>
>>32833261
>vietnamese
>nips
>not gooks or zipperheads
If you're going to be racist at least do it right.
>>
>>32822131
Short term ? You can run around like an idiot firing pellets if the little bugger really annoys you.

But the best course are a few traps, poison powder and patience.
Rats won't eat just anything but they are rather obsessive about being clean.
Letting poison powder along the walls is a sure way for them to get some on their fur when they travel.
Once they'll clean themselves, they'll eat the powder and dry up from the inside.
After that, it's just a matter of searching the bodies.
>>
Talon WeatherBlok XT poison. Works every time!
>>
>>32822867
>Incidentally, I hear that the Chinese are becoming resistant to lung cancer because the smog keeps killing those with susceptible lungs.
Evolution takes longer, especially on a population of this size. What you're seeing is the weak ones dying, but they're not "becoming resistant".
>>
>>32822131
Poison
>>
>>32822391
They can breed at 35 days old and have anywhere from 6 to 8 offspring. Fuck that noise and kill those fuckers.
>>
>>32831251
>just pretending
>>
File: woke.png (1MB, 1152x603px) Image search: [Google]
woke.png
1MB, 1152x603px
>>32831628
you mind me of this
>>
File: 1453163714689.png (1MB, 1152x711px) Image search: [Google]
1453163714689.png
1MB, 1152x711px
>>32822867
>Just like how whites can digest milk because they incorporated cow genes into themselves or something.
Merrican education

>Incidentally, I hear that the Chinese are becoming resistant to lung cancer because the smog keeps killing those with susceptible lungs.
Stop listening to those voices in your head, dude.
>>
>>32822131
>What does /k/ use for defense against these little fuckers?
Not living in a pig sty?
>>
>>32829167
its sad :( op if probably a fuck face that keeps food in his garage. and then whines when the locals decide to eat it.
>>32822131
seriously op stop keeping food in your garage. then they'll fuck off. also get decent weather stripping and clean your garage. OP is a massive dildo.
>>
File: 10LR.jpg (31KB, 568x426px) Image search: [Google]
10LR.jpg
31KB, 568x426px
>>32822131
>>
>>32822710
cats are not for outdoors you shit owner
>>
>>32840420
You've clearly never lived on a farm. You're probably the same kind of garbage that declaws.
>>
>>32822131
I have a .177 pistol that runs on those little CO2 cartridges, then I chop the bodies in half and feed them to my chickens
>>
>>32822131
Peanut butter on traps placed along walls and in choke points
>>
>>32823106

>>squirrel hunter channel

This. So satisfying to watch those videos when you have troubles with rodents.
>>
>>32823106
>>33841601

Love his nv ratting vids. Will sometimes watch those to relax to before going to bed.
>>
>>32829167
If you're around while it falls in you get to listen to it scream while it drowns.
And then you have a wet mouse/rat to dispose of.
>>
Get terriers. It what they were bred to do
>hunt small game

https://youtu.be/8C_V3KAxtBQ
https://youtu.be/r98aCvZ-7l8

Doges. Man's best friend.
>>
>>32842663
My sister's yorkie went full on kill mode the only time it's ever seen a mouse. It was fucking awesome.
>>
>>32842663
>Getting that close to those vomit inducing nasty fucks
If I can't kill them from 100 feet away, they aren't getting killed. Unleashing the hounds on them does sound pretty fun tho.
>>
>>32840319
Wait, can rats chew through steel cans? Cause if so he's probably eating all the canned food out there.
>>
File: Strawberry confused.gif (1MB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
Strawberry confused.gif
1MB, 320x213px
>>32830395
>my parents is that both survived the vietnam war

That means you have 2 daddies?
>>
>>32844821
or his parents are viet namese dipshit
>>
>>32822345
Truth. My cat catches everything that enters the yard and those little dogs are quite effective as well. They're like born mousers. My neighbor has a little dog AND a cat...when they find something, it's like a competition of who can get it first.
>>
>>32822131
Wild cats I let come and go in my house take care of all the pests
>>
>>32842663
Those dogs are having so much fun...
>>
>>32822131

No hurt the mice, you meany.
>>
>>32829627
I killed a mouse with a coldsteel true flight throwing knife (don't do this inside if you care about the floor/drywall/baseboard/house) I didn't stick the knife through the mouse to a surface, I'm pretty sure it crushed him. It took me a couple of weeks to get the first one-
>>
>>32845098
They just want potato knishes.
>>
>>32822131
Just get a fucking cat or some rat-hunting dog.
>>
>>32822867
>I hear that the Chinese are becoming resistant to lung cancer

/k/ really is the dumbest board.
>>
>>32845064
>those little dogs are quite effective as well. They're like born mousers
that's what they were bred for from the beginning (the smaller terriers)
Thread posts: 99
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.