[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't have a gun, but I want one. What gun should I buy,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

File: 1418291937636.jpg (27KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
1418291937636.jpg
27KB, 768x432px
I don't have a gun, but I want one.
What gun should I buy, /k/?
What do I need to do to buy one?
>>
>>32818099
Where you at doe?
>>
1) a mosin nagant because they're inexpensive
2) depends where you live
>>
>>32818116
>>32818119
Near Cleveland, Ohio.
>>
Depends. What sort of gun were you thinking of getting? Handgun? Shotgun? Rifle?

For what purpose were you considering getting a gun for? Self-defense? Hunting? Plinking?
>>
just get yourself a double barrel shotgun
all you need is a double barrel shotgun, really powerful
good for defense too, you hear someone break in just go out on the back deck and shoot off a couple bullets
thats all you need to do
get a double barrel shotgun
>>
>>32818172
Either a handgun or a rifle.
I assume plinking is just range shooting, so that would be the most likely.
>>
>>32818174
Got a good spread too. Real nice spread.
You just point that baby at your problem, pull the trigger, no problem no more.
You got two problems and one problem sees what you did to the other problem, no more problems.
Three problems and you're fucking dead, but goddamm it's got a real nice spread.
>>
>>32818196

Yeah, "plinking" is a term for informal target shooting for fun.

A rifle in .22lr is a popular choice for that, as well as a good choice for a beginning shooter. Cheap and extremely gentle to fire. Good to practice on until you want something with more kick.
>>
>>32818099

If you have no knowledge of real firearms, take a firearms safety class, and if a near-by range offers shooting classes that provides loaners, it would be worth your while. If you have a friend or relative that has a military or police background, you might ask to tag along to the range as well.

The Ruger 10/22 rifle is a good place to start; they're inexpensive, fun to shoot, and it's something that most folks who shoot or collect end up with sooner or later, anyway.
>>
>>32818099
Good fuckin god dude.
Google is your friend. Narrow it down at least a bit then come back and ask.
>>
>>32818381
>Google is your friend. Narrow it down at least a bit then come back and ask.

Bad advice; this is how rabid Glockfags are made.
>>
>>32818174
>>32818235
I don't know if this is bait or some 12 year old who played too much doom.
Don't listen to this fucker, shotguns don't spread that much in the short range of a home defense scenario, and if you are buying a shotgun get a cheap pump action instead of double barrels, those are pretty expansive for what they offer.
>>
>>32818561
It's a fucking joke you redditard.
Jesus Christ.
>>
Depends, how experienced are you with maintenance of a firearm? What do you know in the way of safety, cleaning, and firing of one? Do you have an understanding of the historical value of some firearms?
>>
Rifle: Any .22 will work for a beginner. Pretty much everywhere that sells guns sells them. You won't be able to kill much with it except squirrels and yourself though. It's probably what most of us started shooting. Handgun: My first handgun was one of those cheap Ruger target pistols which are pretty easy to use.
>>
>>32818574
>lel I was pretending to be retarded
How's a regular human being looking for advice obligated to see through your ebin ironic shitposting?
>>
>>32818561
This is a shame because those posts were legitimately funny.
>>
>>32818196
Some guns with super high bang for buck are:

Shotgun in 12 or 20 gauge
Pistol in 22LR
Rifle in 22LR

A 12 or 20 gauge pump offers a stupid high value and is easily the most versatile type of gun there is. It can hunt any bird or small game, as well as big game out to about 120ish yds just by using different ammo. Great for home defense, also offers the option to shoot clay pigeons (the most fun shooting there is in my opinion). Ammo is cheap ($.20 each, and you wouldn't ever shoot more than 100 in an outing). Just don't buy an unproven one. Remington 870, Mossberg 500, Winchester 1200 are all well-proven. Check pawn shops for good deals if you don't like new prices.

22s are the ultimate plinker. Semi auto, bolt action, lever action. Super cheap (right now about $.06 a round). Great for practicing marksmanship fundamentals affordably.

Don't buy a Mosin like someone said. They aren't cheap anymore and neither is their ammo. And you can find a used Henry Lever action for about $250-$275. I have a lot more fun with mine than my 10/22.
>>
>>32818561
Christ you sperg they're making fun of King nigger's lackey

https://youtu.be/wIuk3G9Xixc
>>
>>32818645
Is Joe Biden quote. Joe Biden is retarded. Follow gun politics pls.
>>
>>32818645
>how were we SUPPOSED 2 NO we aren't actually supposed to eat children!?!?!

Jokes are obvious when viewed in context unless you have ass burgers. Anon was satirizing OPs apparent lack of knowledge by posting very well known fuddlore. Don't be so critical. No one comes to 4chan to actually learn things.
>>
File: 0100101101010010.jpg (79KB, 572x688px) Image search: [Google]
0100101101010010.jpg
79KB, 572x688px
>>32818099
>What gun should I buy, /k/?
>Weeb reaction pic

Airsoft is for you.
>>
>>32818309
>A rifle in .22lr is a popular choice for that
Any recommendations?
>>32818357
I feel like I'm generally aware of the common sense rules with guns, guns are always loaded, keep fingers away from the trigger until you're ready to go bang bang. But a class would be a good idea anyways.
No cop/mil buddies, unfortunately.
>>32818610
>maintenance of a firearm
I had a BB gun when I was a teenager because my dad was angry at the chipmunks eating our birdseed? Oiled it once or twice.
So exactly 0 knowledge.
>>32818645
I've been on this site long enough to see through memeposting.
>>32818650
Cool.

Do I need to get like, a license or other specific paperwork?
>>
File: reaction131.jpg (136KB, 784x793px) Image search: [Google]
reaction131.jpg
136KB, 784x793px
>>32818684
Here's your (you)
>>
>>32818681
Okay I'm now positive this is shitty bait
>>
>>32818715
Okay, first thing to do when you get your gun is to learn how to maintain it. I've seen waaaay too many people with rusty, crusty, and gunky guns because they don't know how to clean them. I've actually been making a business right now because of it. Cleaning a Winchester '66 centennial and the guy never cleaned the barrel since he shot it as a teen. He's in his 60's now.
>>
My suggestion is a cheap .22 caliber rifle (or pistol, if you prefer those.) It's cheap to buy, it's cheap to shoot (very important, so you can shoot a lot and have fun,) and even for people with huge gun collections, simple little .22 plinkers are always a welcome part of the collection. A good way to get into the hobby, and even if you don't get into shooting enough to start your own collection of firearms, you'll still enjoy the .22. It's also useful for pest control and such, and low-powered enough that it's not hard to shoot in a rural backyard (with a proper backstop, mind you.) In fact you can buy primer-only .22 ammo and set up a range in your basement, if you want!

And if you don't like shooting at all? You can sell it. Guns hold their value well and there's always someone who wants a .22.
>>
>>32818750
>learn how to maintain it
Is it generally very hard to do?
I assume it's the military style, "take gun apart and put it back together" type stuff?
>>
>>32818119
>inexpensive
They're like $280 now. You could get a new Savage for around that price.
>>
>be clueless and ask for suggestions
>question questionable answers
>get shit on for being clueless
And they said you couldn't weaponize memes.
>>
>>32818645
Dude that was hilarious don't get mad because you didn't get it.
>>
>>32818779
Yes, and also cleaning such as oil, gun cleaning kit, and cleaning the barrel and action. It'll extend the life of the gun, help retain value, and give better performance
>>
>>32818754
>It's cheap to buy, it's cheap to shoot
What do you guys mark as cheap?
>>
File: cheap guns.jpg (4MB, 3900x5008px) Image search: [Google]
cheap guns.jpg
4MB, 3900x5008px
>>32818841
Well, the average gun for beginners is between $150-$300. Guns aren't cheap. So this is what we consider cheap. Actually, I just remembered I have a chart in regards to cheap guns
>>
>>32818892
>As you can see, any poorfag nogunz can become a poorerfag yesgunz for a little amount of money.
I like it.
>>
>>32818928
That's why I saved it. Decent information
>>
>>32818984
Will there be a post-Trump version?
>>
>>32819016
No clue
>>
>>32818715
Honestly I don't know Ohio laws. There is no federal requirement for a license. When you buy a gun through a dealer, you have to fill out Federal Form 4473, though. The dealer will look over it, call the FBI background check line, and approve you instantly unless you're delayed (max of 3 days if I remember correctly). Ohio might have its own waiting period to add on, though.

Look up how to buy a gun in Ohio, though. They may have other rules. Unless Ohio has imposed laws regarding it, you should be able to buy guns through private party sales without paperwork or a call to the background check line (although a bill of sale is smart).

Above all, learn the rules of firearms safety. Take a basic pistol or shooting course like NRA First Steps, or better yet, a concealed handgun license class. None of those would be very expensive.
>>
>>32818826
Preach
>>
>>32818779
Yes. Wipe dirty oil, fouling, carbon off, and apply new oil is the gist of it.
>>
>>32819936
>or better yet, a concealed handgun license class
I'm not looking to CC, but maybe.
I'll look up the gun laws around here.
>>
First off thanks for posting Soro no shit my man I love you
>>
File: 1428335192741.gif (2MB, 480x269px) Image search: [Google]
1428335192741.gif
2MB, 480x269px
>>32821026
Love you too, man.
>>
Is there like, a starter kit for this kind of stuff?
All the necessary maintenance+ear/eye protection stuff?
How much will all of that stuff put me back?
>>
I forgot to mention, I'm 6'5 and have pretty large hands, are all guns basically going to be too small and awkward for me?
>>
>>32818650
Tell me more about shotguns.
>>
>>32818235
Bill Burr
>>
>>32818099

If you can only have one type of gun period, get a 10/22
>>
>>32825146
I've been looking and was thinking of getting a mossberg plinkster because its pretty cheap. Is the extra cost of the 10/22 worth it?
>>
>>32825216

>Is the extra cost of the 10/22 worth it?

Simply put: Yes. Hell yes.

10/22 has the best aftermarket for any .22lr rifle by far so if you ever get bored with the stock model you can upgrade it with a huge selection of parts. You can make a $200 gun a $1000 if you wished. It's just a great all-around rifle.
>>
>>32825237
Just did a quick look, are 1022s only semi-auto? I would kind of prefer a bolt action.
>>
File: best_new_gun_2017.jpg (272KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
best_new_gun_2017.jpg
272KB, 1024x768px
>>32818099

This every time. Don't accept substitutes for your self-defense, okay?
>>
>>32825295
I don't want to self defend though
>>
>>32818119
>musty nigglet
>a real gun
Pick none
>>
Is there any reason to get a rifle with .22 instead of a pistol?
>>
>>32825722
.22 pistols are all babymode tiny. You can at least find rifles that look and feel like a real gun.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.