[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Had a theoretical question regarding conceal carry. So say you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: sawed-off_thumb.jpg (15KB, 640x135px) Image search: [Google]
sawed-off_thumb.jpg
15KB, 640x135px
Had a theoretical question regarding conceal carry.

So say you went out and got your conceal carry permit and went through the motions to be allowed to have a gun on you (or just be here in Missouri where you don't even need a permit now to CC). Now that you can legally carry a concealed fire arm around, would it be legal to carry around a Class III firearm - specifically a sawed-off - given its obtained completely legally, tax stamp and all, and concealed on your person in a trench coat or something? The idea of CC'ing unconventional weapons for the role intrigues me so I figured I'd ask.
>>
>>32817634
Pretty sure my state limits CC to 'pistols' so a SBS would not be a pistol. And it has to be under 12 inches so again, that prolly wouldnt work. Not sure about Missouri, but you might want to look into CC max length.
>>
>>32817634
You mean Hypothetical? And no, don't cc a class 3. How do you think that'll look to a jury?
>>
>>32817735
>always this faggot
Let me guess, you only carry ball ammunition because you think the jury will think using hollow points makes your defensive shooting premeditated right?

Self defense is fuckin' self defense.
>>
>>32817634
Just get one of the new mossbergs with the birdshead-grip and legal non sbs/aow 14.5" barrel. No tax stamp, no class 3
>>
>>32817880
How is it legal if the barrel is shorter than 18 inches?
>>
>>32817735
>shotguns are cheaper than handguns
>if in a "do or die" situation, the best chances of surviving is with the most powerful weapon possible
>completely clean and legally obtained

The defense points are common sense and would stick, but that's dependent on the jury. Any defense lawyer worth their salt would be able to deflect anything implying any nefarious purposes.
>>
>>32818187
Not really, $200 shotgun + $200 stamp would be more than a pocket pistol with 3x the capacity.
>>
>>32817851
>Self defense is fuckin' self defense.

Find lawyers who will confirm the validity of your strategy. Since you are making a legal assertion, surely you can find case law to support it unless you are bullshitting.
>>
>>32818187
>Any defense lawyer worth their salt would be able to deflect anything implying any nefarious purposes.

Where do you practice law?
>>
>>32817940
It's not legally a shotgun because legislators do not actually know a damn thing about the real world.
>>
>>32817634
>trench coat
Dylan pls go.
>>
>>32818187
>Shotguns are cheaper than handguns

So saving money is why you paid $200 for a tax stamp? I see.
>>
>>32817634
Bumping with a semi relevant question.

I have this thing that straddles the line between knife and machete. 12" blade, 17" overall. How would you go about CCing it, allowing the most possible mobility?

I tried on my back, there's no way I can set it that it doesn't print either on the top or bottom. I can hide it very well stuffing it down my left pant leg with the handle sticking up, but I have to take shorter steps, and can't bend down normally. My best so far is sticking it down the side of my right pant leg, but it's hard to keep the bottom from sticking out, and I still can't bend over normally.
>>
>>32817634
Why are you asking here when this could easily be answered on your state's website under Concealed Carry?
>>
>>32817634
>or just be here in Missouri where you don't even need a permit now to CC

you realize that you can only "constitutionally carry" where open carry is permitted, right? No. Of course you don't because no one really paid attention. So in the city of Cape Girardeau open carry is only permitted with a conceal carry license. Therefore, constitutional carry is only permitted with a carry license.

you can carry a gun in your car however and wherever you want because the car is considered an extension of your home.
>>
>>32818906
>instead of answering the question for you, we'll just invent new questions and answer those
Never change, /k/.
>>
>>32818906
>coming to /k/ expecting a legitimate response
>coming to 4chan in general for a legitimate response

its your own fucking fault
>>
>>32817880
I dont think that would be legal for this shotgun because its not an AOW only because its over 26in and not considered concealable, but if you do happen to conceal it all of a sudden it becomes an AOW instead of a "firearm"
>>
>>32818906
Except the very first post, of course.

It's a dumb thing to ask when there's up to fifty different legitimate answers.
>>
>>32818906
In north carolina at least the law is pretty clear. You can't CC anything but a handgun. No long guns, no NFA items, and technically you're not even supposed to carry a knife concealed.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.