[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Front Sight Academy and Brother Ignatius Piazza?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: King.Scientologist.jpg (23KB, 160x292px) Image search: [Google]
King.Scientologist.jpg
23KB, 160x292px
Thoughts on Front Sight Academy and Brother Ignatius Piazza?

Was thinking of doing some courses. Mormon pal has some cheap lifetime memberships

https://www.frontsight.com/
>Link for the uninitiated
>>
Link to FAQ

https://www.frontsight.com/FirearmTraining/faq/
>>
>>32811830
Done all the courses available there. They all work on a progression scale meaning you need to take the basic courses and pass at a certain proficiency to be able to take the more advanced ones. They are fun and get more fin the higher you go, but definitely not worth it if you are paying full price. If the membership your buddy is selling you is $100 and under and gives you free access to all the courses (diamond plan and above I think), it is worth it.

Ignatius is like a greasy car salesman and will constantly send you emails and phone calls trying to get you to buy some bullshit he is pedaling, so be forewarned.
>>
>>32811963
Could you gauge the difficult of passing one of the 4 day courses?

Im looking at the 4 day rifle, and then maybe taking the 4 day precision course later?

Also, thoughts on the Hand 2 Hand and Edged Weapons?

Friend was asking $500, but I thought it was cheap compared to a 4 day course being $2000
>>
http://www.ebay.com/sch/items/?_nkw=front+sight+certificate

Looking at these makes me think $500 is insanely high
>>
>>32812036
Have you ever shot a rifle/handgun before? Can you hit a human chest size target off hand up to 50 yards? Can you get to a kneeling or prone position fast? Do you have epilepsy? If you can do all those things and don't shake like micheal j. fox than you should be able to pass as a "Distinguished Graduate" which is their highest level on the exit exam thing they do at the end of the course.

The 4 day precision course was long and tedious with real shooting starting on day 3 and 4. It's best if you handload for this course too as buying match ammo is damn expensive.

Hand 2 hand and edged weapons was fun but I brought my brother with me. You also have to do them if you want to do any of the advanced tactical classes they offer.

What level membership is he offering to sell you? I personally think he is charging a little too much because if he bought a high level membership it comes with a bunch of "lesser" memberships he can sell to other people to recoup his initial costs. At the end of the day if you plan on doing as many classes as possible, then it would probably be worth it in the long run.
>>
Sounds like good news as far as passing the qualification. Im confident with a Hand Gun, but my rifle skills are sorely lacking. Which is why I'm interested in the program.

Im a tad heavy at the moment. Ive been lifting the last month to try and get ready in case I go through with this. It's been on my mind quite a bit, and the idea of needing to be in shape for the program was one of my primary motivations.

Thanks for the heads up about the 4-day Precision.

I imagine the H2H and EW are quite physical. Is there much class time? I reckon this is another reason to be in good shape.

He's selling a Diamond account; which sounds like a lesser membership. But Im with you in the end, Ideally every year I'd like to do around 8 days of training.

How did you get thru the program so fast? If I go I think Ill stay in Pahrump. Vegas has no appeal for me and the drive looks much longer.

Thanks for answering my questions
>>
>>32812135
Dude, you'll be fine. I've seen fat as fuck and geriatric people make it through. Just keep at it and loose what you can.

The H2H and edged are a mixture of class and practice. Basically, they will talk about something, demonstrate it, and then you will do it with a partner.

For a diamond plan I would try to talk him down to $200 or less. I mean don't be a prick about it, but $500 is quite high when there are people on forums willing to sell you diamond plans for way less.

I live in Vegas and have had a membership for 9 years now, so plenty of time to take courses. To be honest, I have camped out in their parking lot every time I go. They let you make fires so staying warm was never an issue and it's an excuse to "be outdoors". If it's the middle of the summer though, fuck that, get a hotel and stay cool.
>>
Everything sounds ace. Your advice has been invaluable.

Camping actually doesnt sound like a bad idea. I didnt know they allowed that. Unfortunately im looking at going in June, so that might be a tad too much.

Just, while I have you, what was it like doing the Uzi and Select-Fire. Im definitely intrigued by them, but I imagine you just run thru ammo.

The higher end courses look cool too. The tactical ones.

This might be the start of something beautiful! I will assuredly continue at the gym, I want to have fun with this and have it not be a chore.
>>
>>32812202
pass on the select fire. Just rent some at a range in vegas.
>>
>>32812216
Thanks man. Thanks for your time.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.