[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/ I'm considering a handgun as a new gun owner. My father

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 1024px-Walther_P99_9x19mm.png (540KB, 1024x777px) Image search: [Google]
1024px-Walther_P99_9x19mm.png
540KB, 1024x777px
/k/

I'm considering a handgun as a new gun owner. My father and grandfather have been avid gun owners to some extent, but I'm more interested in trying to pursue a handgun of my choice. I'm currently considering the CZ-75B or Walther P99. Any suggestions?
>>
>>32810939
Both good. Get ready for the Glock trolls.
>>
>>32810939
Either one.

Pick whichever fits your hand better as you can't really go wrong either way.
>>
File: 1485521988023.jpg (1MB, 2500x2267px) Image search: [Google]
1485521988023.jpg
1MB, 2500x2267px
>>32810977
Glorious glock overlords.
>>
>>32810939
P99 all day. CZ is mosin tier.
"Mosin tier" meaning gun that is mediocre but is a /k/ cult classic.
>>
>>32810939
The P99 is shorter and lighter, which means it's more carryable if that's something you're thinking of. I've also heard it has quite a good trigger that's also DA/SA if it matters to you.
But in general for a new buyer, go with >>32811019 because you're gonna want to take it to the range and shoot it to practice, and you should pick the better feeling one.

Good fucking luck finding a full size P99 in 9mm right now, since I haven't had any for months.
>>
>>32810939
Both are very decent. Good price for the quality of the firearm. And both are pretty durable.
My advice is try shooting both if that's at all possible. Then pick the one you like most.
>>
>>32810939
Just get the CZ and be done with it. You won't be sorry.
>>
>>32810939
I don't know anything about those two guns. But I do know how to buy a good firearm. First try them out. Check for trigger, accuracy, reliability, ergonomics, Ammo availability, aftermarket support and most importantly don't buy a meme gun.
>>
>>32812003
>CZ75
>Mosin-tier
>Mediocre
are you retarded
P99 is a pseudo-striker fired decocker milquetoast abomination and its mag capacity is shit
>>
do you plan on conceal carry? That could help your decision.
>>
>>32810939
What model is the walther as or qa? Are both pistols 9mm?
>>
>>32810939

don't buy anything until after you've spent $100 on the intro gun class at your local gun range

they teach you the basics and you get to shoot several different guns

then go rent all the 9mm, most ranges for $20 will let you rent all of 1 caliber, and shoot 10 of them to see which ones you like best

you can read internet reviews by the 100s about a gun but until you actually shoot it yourself those reviews can only help so much
>>
>>32810939
>CZ-75B or Walther P99. Any suggestions?

any problems with either of these guns and you will spend lots of time & money trying to get them fixed

look at what ruger has, plenty of 9mm and ezpz service, which is almost never needed because rugers are built like rocks and almost always go bang when you pull the trigger and likely cost less than those 2 exotic imports
>>
>>32814229
it would be more to shoot for hobbyist purposes with friends or family.
>>
>>32810939
>Any suggestions?

Yes, don't even consider anything you read on this board as factual or knowledgeable.
>>
>>32810939
I have a P99 first generation. It's an excellent weapon, but it has one annoying thing: the serrations on the slide don't offer enough grip when your hands are wet (sweat, blood, water...). If I'm not mistaken, the serrations are bigger better on the second gen models. Also, another thing to consider, is that there are almost no holsters for the P99 first gen. Holsters for 2nd gen models probably won't work with a 1st gen model (different trigger guard, different receiver).
>>
Cz75 if range toy and fun p99 if carry.
>>
>>32810939
There is also the Canik tp9sf, which is supposed to be a copy of the p99 but with a better trigger. And sub $350 when it's on sale.
>>
as someone who owns a Canik TP9-SA and a Walther P99... get the TP9-SA.

It'll be cheaper to own, parts are everywhere, and you get the best of a CZ-75 and the P99. The money you save from not buying a CZ-75 and the Walther P99 can go into more mags and ammo, so you can practice and get better at shooting, which is infinitely more important than owning a different brand firearm.
>>
>>32810939
I have a shitload of 9mms, including the P99. It's a DA/SA striker fired gun so it's a bit of an odd duck. I was hoping it would be the best of both worlds, but it didn't live up to that expectation. It's a safe queen these days.

No comment on the CZ, that's one I don't own yet.

Whatever your first handgun is you'll probably find it isn't what you end up with. I've got about a dozen handguns collecting dust because I finally bought a Glock 19 and it just works for me.

>>32817611
>>32819361
Century test fires guns at my range. I see those P99 clones shit the bed constantly. The trigger wont reset if you reef on the trigger laterally. Not much of a problem on the DA/SA models but the SA ones need a rack to get them running again. It's also fucking weird that the SA models keep the decocker.

>InB4 brand loyalty.
>>
File: Hate Crime.jpg (981KB, 1800x1620px) Image search: [Google]
Hate Crime.jpg
981KB, 1800x1620px
As long as /k/ doesn't universally hate it - just buy what you want
>>
>>32819650
I can't actually think of anything /k/ universally hates. There are even guys who make a hobby out of trying to unfuck Lorcins and Jennings.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.