[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do I get so much feelings of nostalgia when seeing photos

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: navy.jpg (112KB, 740x615px) Image search: [Google]
navy.jpg
112KB, 740x615px
Why do I get so much feelings of nostalgia when seeing photos from WW2? I know that war is brutal, damaging, not good as people say. But whenever I see photos of it, it makes me think of how fast I would enlist if we had another big war.
>>
>>32807357

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sehnsucht
>>
Because the war brought more Americans together for a single cause than anything in our history. You want to share in a great endeavor that will reshape the world.
>>
>>32807357
You lack direction and meaningful relationships with others.
>>
autism
>>
Ideological purity, not even memeing. I take it you're American, so the war represents a time when the US was as unified as it has ever been. Not to mention we get to pretend winning the war was all us and it was purely out of good will towards our quaint neighbors to the east that we generously helped them crush the Nazi menace.
>>
>>32807357
Why is that fucking nigger sitting on the deck with white servicemen?
>>
It was when everyone fought for something good. I mean, at least the Nazi's fought for a Greater Germany which would benefit their country. America was unified and honestly at it's peak.
Look at that picture. A bunch of fine white men with a few African American gentlemen. It was a time before we had niggers rioting in the street and killing eachother, a time where fine European men come home to their beautiful families, a time where there were so bull-dykes and special snowflakes in the military. It was just a bunch of brothers in arms having fun.
We'll never, ever get this again in our lifetime.
>>
>>32807357

It would give your life meaning and assuming you don't wash out probably give you a better connection to society at large. World War 2 was nasty and not something I'd ever wish to experience, but at least the nation was together, which is far more then we can say about this "era of peace".
>>
>>32807357
>>
File: IMG_4075.jpg (62KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4075.jpg
62KB, 500x374px
>>32810037
This.

I respect and cherish the marines, soldiers and sailors who had to fight the japs, what they went through was truly hellish

"The mud was knee deep in some places, probably deeper in others if one dared venture there. For several feet around every corpse [and there were thousands of those], maggots crawled about in the muck and then were washed away by the runoff of the rain. . .The scene was nothing but mud; shell fire; flooded craters with their silent, pathetic, rotting occupants; knocked-out tanks and amtracs; and discarded equipment - utter desolation."

"The stench of death was overpowering. The only way I could bear the monstrous horror of it all was to look upward away from the earthly reality surrounding us, watch the leaden gray clouds go skudding over, and repeat over and over to myself that the situation was unreal - just a nightmare - that I would soon awake and find myself somewhere else."

"I existed from moment to moment, sometimes thinking death would have been preferable. We were in the depths of the abyss, the ultimate horror of war. . . Men struggled and fought and bled in an environment so degrading I believed we had been flung into hell's own cesspool." (Sledge, With the Old Breed, page 253.)
>>
>>32809987
Was thinking the same thing kek
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.