[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have rifles that I shoot, but I've never fired a handgun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: handgun.png (147KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
handgun.png
147KB, 500x333px
I have rifles that I shoot, but I've never fired a handgun before. Would /k/ recommend taking a handgun course before I rent one at the range?
>>
just point it at your face and pull
>>
>>32805787
meh, not really since you've shot rifles. Might want to look up a youtube video on whatever handgun you want to rent, just so you know where the controls are.

Also your target will look like shit and this is normal. Handguns are harder to shoot than rifles.
>>
File: 7 yds.jpg (2MB, 3072x2048px) Image search: [Google]
7 yds.jpg
2MB, 3072x2048px
>>32806110
>Also your target will look like shit and this is normal.

It is?
>>
>>32805787
To steal a line from Haley - a Rifle is like driving a car, a handgun is like flying a 747.

At the minimum do some research in to the basics of handgun shooting as it's drastically different from long guns.

>>32806110
This guy is your typical shitty ignorant handgun shooter.
>>
>>32805787
Guess how many handgun courses I took before I shot my handguns.

Guess how many handgun courses I took before I started competing in local steel target handgun competitions.

Protip: the answer is the same.

How much does this handgun course you want to take cost?
>>
>>32807539
I'm >>32806139. I don't consider myself a particularly good shot, but I can empty a magazine through a ragged hole in the target about the size of a quarter at 7 yards. I've never taken a handgun class or received private instruction, but I would welcome any opportunity to learn and get better.
>>
>>32807539
>How much does this handgun course you want to take cost?

The one I was looking at is $90, 4 hours and includes range time with 5 different handguns. Lunch is also provided.
>>
>>32805787
Good luck finding a Cz 2075
Those are super rare for some fucking reason
>>
>>32807932
Dude if you have $90 to spare I'd say hell yeah!

First time I ever shot a handgun was the day after I turned 21, with a USP 40 in my backyard, shaking like a leaf putting 3 rounds in to the base of a tree at 3 yards before getting scared the neighbors would call the cops.

It took me years to get straightened out, start strong and informed.
>>
>>32807884
>>32807932
I guess $90 isn't bad if you get range time with 5 different handguns. The point I was trying to make is that there is no amount of book learning or class time that will be better than actually shooting a handgun. The more range time you get, the better you will be shooting handguns in general, and the more range time you have with a specific handgun, the better you will get with that handgun.
>>
>>32809059
>The point I was trying to make is that there is no amount of book learning or class time that will be better than actually shooting a handgun. The more range time you get, the better you will be shooting handguns in general
That's not true at all. Quality range time is worth more than "range time" where you're just fucking around by yourself. A beginner doesn't know what he should focus on, what he should pay attention to, or how to evaluate his performance.
>>
File: Groups 1-28-17.jpg (385KB, 900x2400px) Image search: [Google]
Groups 1-28-17.jpg
385KB, 900x2400px
>>32808084 (You)
>>32809059
>>32809234

I'm >>32808084 (You)

I would say yeah, if it's 90 dollars for familiarization fuck yes do it.

I am from an anti gun family and got into them on my own, I spent years doing it wrong, sounds like OP doesn't have an IRL tutor so yes I absolutely recommend he takes advantage of this.

You can research endlessly but if no one is there to observe and correct your mistakes you bleed efficiency.
>>
>>32808084
>First time I ever shot a handgun was the day after I turned 21, with a USP 40 in my backyard, shaking like a leaf putting 3 rounds in to the base of a tree at 3 yards before getting scared the neighbors would call the cops.

Good lord man
>>
>>32810670
You green texted a lot of copy, what particular part of my tale was audacious? Or just the whole thing is sad?
>>
File: 1438145233825.jpg (118KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1438145233825.jpg
118KB, 640x640px
handguns are much less forgiving tha rifles in terms of form and technique. taking a course is up to you but get a handgun and practice practice practice.
>>
>>32810749
The whole thing just seemed like a supremely bad idea
>>
File: 7 yard groups 5left 10 right.jpg (246KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
7 yard groups 5left 10 right.jpg
246KB, 1600x1200px
>>32810787
I agree haha. Hopefully OP will spend $90 on a 4 hour class because if not he's basically in my boat I'm guessing.

Note: that was 12 years ago and now I can split a match stick at 10 feet with a 9x19 consistently.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.