[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need help identifying a gun. Says it's a Smith and wesson

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 001+(1).jpg (43KB, 685x456px) Image search: [Google]
001+(1).jpg
43KB, 685x456px
Need help identifying a gun.
Says it's a Smith and wesson and that its appreciated value is about 170 USD, might be a bit cheaper if it would have been in USA.
So what is it and how much is it worth?
>>
>>32794633
thats a schofield
>>
That's the old pinfire black powder type anyway. Will blow in your face if you manage to put a modern round into it. Around here that makes it free to sell and buy without registering. An interesting item to own but not an investment. Care to take a pic of the top, where the text should be?
>>
>>32794648
You sure? What calibers did the schofield come in? It said this one was 8
>>
>>32794648
I hate you, Schofields are not the only top break revolvers in the world. If you don't know that then shut up and lurk moar
>>
>>32794916
Oh i dont own it, it's kind of the government, or how you would explaining it, that is auctioning it away
>>
>>32794950

Fair enough. Point is, these were sold as personal protection to the low price market. Small calibre, weak loads, produced by the millions and on top of that, copied in equal measure without a license.

I have a drawer full of these, in varying shape. Most of them I bought on ebay. And I can assure you, I paid more in shipping than I did for the actual guns. For 170 I would set my sights higher than this.
>>
>>32794633
it looks to be missing the cylinder stop, which is common with those old smiths, making it extremely unsafe to fire even if you do gin up some black powder .32
>>
>>32794633
S&W second model double action.
Will handle modern smokeless loads just fine as long as you don't go +p.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.