[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Someone sent me here from /adv/. Recently lost my job as a Dental

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: army bait.jpg (53KB, 608x960px) Image search: [Google]
army bait.jpg
53KB, 608x960px
Someone sent me here from /adv/. Recently lost my job as a Dental Assistant due to budget cuts in the office I worked at. I'd like to find another job as a dental assistant but the job market is pretty flooded where I live. (Shreveport, LA, if you're curious) I'm also considering joining the military because I feel it would be a bit more stable income wise and it is something I've kinda had in the back of my mind for a while. I was looking at either the air force or the navy. Heck, maybe I could even be a dental assistant for the military! lol I'd love any advice from anyone who is currently serving or otherwise. Thanks in advance.
>>
Join the military, 100% of troops are happy with their decision and are treated well. The living conditions in the military are actually better than the living conditions for your average middle class American. It's said that the happiness of your average rootin tootin shootin man is better than the average New Zealand citizen. I joined the military and loved it. Free cake on Friday, and the beds are nice and comfy. You get to shoot plenty of guns, just like home, and there are plenty of pretty girls with nice personalities around.
>>
>>32793978

that was me & try posting your question in this thread

>>32788760
>>
>>32794047
Thanks for your service, Army National Guard recruiter
>>
>>32794047
lol fuck off recruiter.
>>
>>32794144
Nice repeating digits newfriend
>>
>>32793978
we have a military enlistment general thread.

Do you have a college degree? You could be a dentist in the air force. The Air National Guard is a good option as well, though it is unlikely you would work full time. You would, however, be full time getting paid a bretty gud amount for the year or so that you would be in training for your job. That would put some dosh in your pocket, and give you time to find full time civilian employment. Protip, employers love military service.

If you go active duty, without a doubt go Air Force. Highest standard of living, and you won't get stuck on a fucking boat like the navy or suck start an M4 like the Army or be a knuckle dragging crayon eating piece of meat Marine
>>
>>32794536
I do have a degree (B.A. in Music) but I went to a training program to be a dental assistant after I graduated. I'm a dental assistant btw., not dentist.
>>
>>32793978
Yeah, join the military in any other state than here.
(Lake Charles) If you do go here, get out as fast as fucking possible. Polk is the shittiest of the shit.
>>
>>32794798
I thought Fort Polk was just for the army, does it have people in the air force or navy there as well? Sorry I'm confused.
>>
File: 1484748693748.png (2MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
1484748693748.png
2MB, 750x1334px
>>32794770
>B.A in music
>Loses job as dental assistant, wants to join army
>>
>>32795985

At least he's not Euro. In Yurop he would be fighting tooth and nail for a job in retail, as a janitor or in a fast food restaurant.

I fucking envy you Americans. "joining the military" as a panic button.
>>
>>32795985
Could be far worse.
>>
>>32796278
OP here....I get the impression some of you think this is a bad idea? Speak your mind, I'm all ears :)
>>
>>32796681
Not saying it's a bad idea, it's just that it doesn't seem like you have a clear goal in mind for your career (like me). I'm an English Ed major but I plan on becoming a flight warrant officer in the army after I graduate.
>>
>>32796681
You paid good money for a non STEM degree. Now that you're fucked, you want to be a welfare queen to cover up your shit tier decision.
>>
>>32797448
He should have pursued a music education degree at the least.
>>
File: 215217325149052.jpg (38KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
215217325149052.jpg
38KB, 800x500px
Get on a sub. Pay's decent and there's free food.
>>
>>32797520
>education
public school teachers are welfare queens too. They even have the temerity to join unions for extra, "gib me dats."
>>
He could join as an enlisted officer though and be open to better career options
>>
>>32793978
The work is picking up in New Orleans area, I know a dentist hiring over in the dirty dell
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.