[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well... I imagine similar businesses (like preppers discount,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 33

File: Screenshot_20170126-103729.png (294KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170126-103729.png
294KB, 1080x1920px
Well... I imagine similar businesses (like preppers discount, etc) are soon to follow.

Guess I'm going boating with my solvent traps
>>
>>32782026
I really don't give a shit. They knew what they were doing and if they made it 99% of their sales, that is on them.
>>
Calling the Trump family for help, we must help them.
>>
>>32782059
Fuck that, this is their own fault.
>>
>>32782044
The thing is, it's not "suppressor parts" any more than freeze plugs you can get at NAPA or a damn mag light tube. If you want toake a suppressor out of it you have to file a Form 1.
>>
>>32782059
>ATF shuts down PSA for selling uppers with barrels less than 16” because they're "SBR parts"

That's equivalent to what's happened here, you mental midget.
>>
>>32782079
>it's 99% of our income
It's about intent, and they knew exactly what they were getting into. Let's not obfuscate the issue here. The ATF wised up to it and told them to stop.

Now, if they can't find any other means of profit or sales, too bad. As for you, if you want to go buy a solvent trap, go to NAPA.

If you want to break the law with said solvent trap, well that's on you but at least take responsibility for it and man up to the charges if you're caught rather than scream autistically about how the gubment is oppressing you.
>>
>>32782108
The ATF didn't mind that shit though, they only shut them down today.
>>
>>32782108
Mag-lights are suppressor parts. Guess they'll have to stop selling those
>>
>>32782119
Clearly the ATF did mind. Either the ATF just caught wind of what was going on, they didn't care until the call came from higher up, or the shop did something else to piss them off.
>>
>>32782108
80% lowers are firearms now. Guess they'll have to stop selling those
>>
>>32782123
>intent
What don't you understand about this?
>>
>>32782134
Intent can't be proven
>>
>>32782127
He clearly said he had talk to ATF about this shit before.
>>
>>32782134
How do they know the intent wasn't to buy the shit and complete it legally via a form 1?
>>
ATF dicksucker, now I see everything.
>>
>>32782079
>it's not "suppressor parts"
That's like saying an 80% receiver isn't a gun part if you call it a "paint tray."
>>
>>32782157
Now you are playing into the ATF's retarded ass word game.
>>
>>32782169
The ATF isn't the one playing the word game, the seller is. What the fuck is a "solvent trap" supposed to be?
>>
>>32782157
It isn't though. It requires machining to complete, which can be done legally or illegally (by a felon, for instance)

It's the same thing with a solvent trap
>>
Defending this shit is like defending that one SJW hitting the cop with the balloon. (I can't find the webm right now).

>Haha look at me, I'm selling basically suppressors but its not actually a suppressor lel, look watch me keep doing it, haha lel.
>"Stop."
>Hurr durr my rights my freedoms, get DJT on the line, muh veteran status, 99% muh sales.

Come on, I'm not even a bootlicker in the slightest but he's got it coming.
>>
>>32782157
If it can hold paint, why isn't it a paint tray?

So now every product must be designed exactly how the ATF expects it to be?

Sure, they rode the fine line of legality, but the ATF made the line a wild zig zag to intentionally make a product that is NOT a suppressor into a suppressor.

I imagine this is to make DIY suppressors harder to obtain and build when HPA passes.
>>
>>32782180
Solvent trap?
>>
>>32782147

Suppressor parts are often as regulated as the fully assembled cans. And these guys' whole business was "hey guise, you can buy these totally legal solvent traps that aren't in any way a suppressor."

Just like eBay is full of "battery storage separators" which bear a striking resemblance to precision machines suppressor baffles.

Or the airgun forums where everyone talks about which "lead dust collector" is quietest but if you use the "suppressor" word you get banned.
>>
>>32782119
BATFE probably caught them saying the trap's purpose is make a untraceable suppressor.
>>
>>32782195
>to intentionally make a product that is NOT a suppressor into a suppressor.
But they didn't. They said the product is suppressor parts :^)
>>
>>32782194
You are a bootlicker, and worse, you lick the boot of ATF.
>>
>>32782194
Bullshit. You're wrong and you know it. We as americans make laws, then find ways around them.

Should ban state parts be illegal? Putting a stock on a pistol grip is a way around having the stock on the tube. Putting a chopped grip on an AR is a way around the pistol grip ban.

You are a bootlicker, and you're defending the removal of more gun rights simply because you don't like suppressors.
>>
>>32782180
Ever poured solvent down your barrel before using a bore snake or a cleaning rod? Or even squirted some clp there? Well it does legitimately help with that
>>
Some dumbass probably got online and posted a comment/blog post/youtube video about getting a solvent trap and the ATF picked up on it and saw the business this gun shop was doing and told them to stop.

Fuck 'em. They made their own bed, now let them lie in it. Especially while every other gun shop is working their ass off to make sure they are in compliance with the laws and regulations and this company felt like they could just do what they wanted. Screw them.
>>
>>32782221
Yes, screw the manufacturers, praise the ATF.

These parts of /k/ are uber cucks.
>>
>>32782213
>We as americans make laws
No "we" don't.
>>
>>32782227
I love the dichotomies you guys come up with in your heads. You're fascinating creatures. What's it like to see life in black and white?
>>
>>32782228
Believe it or not, those lawmakers are American. Liberals, but Americans.
>>
>>32782213
Pro-tip: You're not talking to an American. That asshole is probably from some European Anti-gun shithole like England, Canada, or Australia.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1485341838527.jpg (20KB, 840x420px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1485341838527.jpg
20KB, 840x420px
>>32782236
>>
>>32782230
I see the ATF enforcing their unconstitutional laws on us while you celebrate another business get taken down.

What do you see?
>>
>>32782246
I see me not caring about a business who decided they were above the law.
>>
>>32782240
Lel try Montana faggot. First time I ever been mistaken for a europoor.
>>
>>32782236
Right... but "we" are not the legislators
>>
>>32782249
Oh, suddenly caring about the laws now huh? What about the Constitution?

And they aren't above the laws, they make solvent traps.
>>
>>32782026

When things like this happen, there's always more to the story. But it is a stupid law and should be fixed, and the ATF should be disbanded.
>>
>>32782261
I didn't realize solvent traps were a constitutional guarantee
>>
>>32782249
Then kys redditfag
>>
We need to blow this up, someone tweet it up to Trump.

I don't care if this gets nowhere, we need to get this to Trump.
>>
>>32782268
I didn't realize the ATF regulate solvent traps.
>>
>>32782108
>It's about intent
Innocent until proven guilty. If you're going to assume someone is buying a certain part to build a suppressor, you should also assume they plan to build it legally by submitting a form 1, until such a time you can prove otherwise.
>>
The ATF's official position is that a part used in a suppressor is a suppressor itself. You can't sell suppressor kits or suppressor adapters legally. This company was selling "solvent trap kits" which consisted of every single part you need to assemble your own can.

A freeze plug from NAPA is a freeze plug for your car. But when you sell ten of them along with a tube and two end caps with a warning saying "don't assemble this or you'll have to file a form 1" it's illegal.

Constructive possesion or whatever they call it. Like if you own an unregistered auto sear and an AR-15 on the other side of the house you can be charged with an illegal machine gun.
>>
>>32782279
You're fucking delusional.
>implying the POTUS has enough time to play fuck fuck games with a dumbass who made his living selling almost suppressors and not getting the proper paperwork to just do it correctly.
>>
>>32782290
Fuck you, I don't care if this gets nowhere, this needs to get to Trump.
>>
>>32782279
>I don't care if this gets nowhere, we need to get this to Trump.
If it gets nowhere, how does it get to Trump?
>>
>>32782293
atf is doing nothing wrong in this case

intent laws are already on the books, they're just enforcing them

change the law if you don't want this to happen
>>
>>32782293
Read >>32782289 and explain to me why DJT is going to give a fuck about this dude.
>>
>>32782285
Semantics will only go so far.
>>
>>32782293
No, it does not.

This company knew the risks they were taking ahead of time. They knew this was a possibility from the get go. They made their own bed, now let them lie in it.
>>
>>32782289
I bet next time when they ban SIG braces, you are gonna celebrate too.

Fuck you bootlickers, these guys do it for us, and it's fucking legal.
>>
File: 6N52Uc3.jpg (28KB, 432x648px) Image search: [Google]
6N52Uc3.jpg
28KB, 432x648px
itt: one or two really stupid motherfuckers
>>
>>32782261
>And they aren't above the laws, they make solvent traps.

Anything you attach to a gun which makes it quieter is a suppressor according to the ATF's rule. Muzzle brake companies actually have to make sure their devices don't accidentally make the gun less noisy.
>>
>>32782134
That the ATF aren't mind readers, and guessing at the arbitrary whims of regulators isn't good or predictable law.
>>
>>32782310
Is my cat a suppressor too?

What about my pillow?
>>
>>32782307
They aren't going to ban Sig braces, but if an ATF agent overhears a gun shop telling it's customers that the braces can be shouldered and used as stocks as a means to circumnavigate the NFA and SBR laws, then they can get buttfucked.

The truth is, we don't know the whole story. We're all arguing over some butthurt shop's facebook post. They probably did something dumb as hell and now they're throwing a tantrum.
>>
>>32782304
Because they are making hyard it for little men like me.

Thus, I need to tell the fucking president.
>>
>>32782315
If you're attaching your cat to your guns, you're probably breaking a whole different bunch of laws, buddy.
>>
>>32782307
Well SIG braces are really ugly anyways so I wouldn't be too torn up about it desu.

Plus if you use it as actually intended you are a sperging autist.
>>
>>32782204
Now I'm sad I can't find battery storage separators
>>
>>32782323
Newsflash dipshit: The president doesn't give a fuck about you
>>
>>32782307
>I bet next time when they ban SIG braces, you are gonna celebrate too.
>Fuck you bootlickers, these guys do it for us, and it's fucking legal.

Everyone expected the Sig brace to be ruled illegal the moment it was announced. What caused the huge fuckup was that the ATF ruled it legal and then changed their ruling like retards.
>>
>>32782319
I don't care what they did, what matters at hand is that the ATF is clamping down, and this is bad.
>>
>>32782325
The fucking commie bootlickers in this thread, I swear to god. What happened to /k/?
>>
>>32782338
The ATF aren't doing anything unusual, they aren't clamping down, they just told one shop to stop selling solvent cans which they knew, and the shop knew, and you know, and I know that people weren't buying them with the intention to use as a solvent trap.

>inb4 hurrr you don't know that
>>
>>32782327
Jesus christ, this is modern /k/.
>>32782334
Maybe he doesn't, but it doesn't hurt to try.
>>
>>32782257
Quit acting like one, then.
>>
>>32782342
>commie
Yeah, you really know what you're talking about, don't you?
>>
The correct response here isn't to cry to DJT about muh business.

Fight asymmetrically. You know DJT wants to go for smaller govt; make the convincing argument that the ATF is an unnecessary and bloated agency. Get them shut down. There is a TON of grassroots support for something like this, too.
>>
>>32782345
Actually, yes, I don't know that and they don't know that.

For all matter of purpose, they are selling solvent trap kits.

I fucking love it when anti-gun mind-readers like you pop up.
>>
File: 1483404943598.jpg (110KB, 1000x625px) Image search: [Google]
1483404943598.jpg
110KB, 1000x625px
>>32782342
>>
>>32782346
You go ahead and try you little snowflake
>>
>>32782356
What? Are you another muh no true commie faggot?
>>
>>32782315
>Is my cat a suppressor too?
>What about my pillow?

An adapter to mount your cat or pillow on a gun is illegal.

This is nothing new. Oil filters, Mag-Lites, and soda bottles aren't legally suppressors. But the adapters to put them on guns are illegal unless Form 1'd. The ATF actually has been tracking down people who bought them on eBay and asking they turn them over for years.

Look, I'm not saying suppressors should be illegal or that the current laws shouldn't be changed. But the laws are what they are right now and instead of challenging them in court this company decided to make shit up.
>>
>>32782361
>anti-gun
kek, yeah that explains my safe full of 'em.

If it's true what the gun shop says about generating most of their profit selling solvent traps... I think that is a pretty good indication of their intended sale/end use.
>>
>>32782369
Is duct tape illegal then?

We can go on and on.

>
Look, I'm not saying suppressors should be illegal or that the current laws shouldn't be changed. But the laws are what they are right now and instead of challenging them in court this company decided to make shit up.
This company is selling solvent traps, they aren't breaking no laws.
>>
>>32782368
Actually I'm a conservative, but your inability logically or reasonably argue entirely diminishes any merit your point may have.
>>
>>32782345
Yeah but it's not illegal to build a suppressor.
>>
>>32782374
>If it's true what the gun shop says about generating most of their profit selling solvent traps... I think that is a pretty good indication of their intended sale/end use.
Yep, you got a safe full of guns, and the ability to mind reading thousands of people.
>>
>>32782361
>For all matter of purpose, they are selling solvent trap kits.

Does your solvent trap make the gun quiet if you fire it? They it's legally a suppressor and always has been. You can't sell something and say "don't shoot your gun with this on it" and make things legal.
>>
File: 1484185585906.jpg (110KB, 573x768px) Image search: [Google]
1484185585906.jpg
110KB, 573x768px
>>32782387
Autismo pls go
>>
>>32782387
wew lad
>>
>>32782385
I'm sorry but how am I being unreasonable?
>>32782391
Prove that all their customers use them as suppressors then.
>You can't sell something and say "don't shoot your gun with this on it" and make things legal.
Literally SIG braces.
>>
>>32782394
>>32782400
>Form 1
>>
>>32782406
Oh yeah, huh. I'll go hang myself.
>>
/k/ is anti-gun and pro-ATF, fucking wew.
>>
>>32782380

You're an idiot and have no idea how laws work.

If I sell a "steampunk Christmas tree ornament" that coincidentally will replace a PTR-91 trigger group and make it fire full auto, it's still illegal.
>>
>>32782418
More like anti-dumbass, pro-don't-be-a-bitch
>>
So what if I shoot through it. That's MY business. If it's not a suppressor, but it traps solvent, then it's a solvent trap.

The only time it's criminal is if I screw it onto the end of my gun and shoot through it without a tax stamp.

The batfe are counting on them not being able to afford to fight this harassment.

T mc v didn't go far enough.
>>
>>32782385
Actually, you're a guy that replied to an obvious joke with:

>Yeah, you really know what you're talking about, don't you?
>>
>>32782420
You are a fucking mind-reader and assumes utility.

>If I sell a "steampunk Christmas tree ornament" that coincidentally will replace a PTR-91 trigger group and make it fire full auto, it's still illegal.
Prove that your customers use these steampunk Christmas tree ornament as trigger first.
>>
>>32782420
Illegal for you to use, not for the ornament company to sell.
>>
>>32782423
Yeah, so anti-gun and pro-ATF.

When the government takes all the guns, /k/ will say it's the laws, don't be a bitch.
>>
>>32782435
wrong.

ATF regards parts that make a machine gun as an actual machine gun.

Holy shit, just like how ATF regards parts that make a suppresor just like a suppressor.

WEW
E
W
>>
>>32782428
>T mc v didn't go far enough.
I'll say! He failed to get a single BATFE employee!
>>
File: 6BR2bEC.jpg (6KB, 250x164px) Image search: [Google]
6BR2bEC.jpg
6KB, 250x164px
>>32782418
4chan is flooded with fucking retarded teenagers who get their news from Facebook, /k/ fucking blows now, not even night /k/ is good anymore.
>>
>>32782456
That's not part that makes a machine gun though, it's a christmas tree ornament.
>Holy shit, just like how ATF regards parts that make a suppresor just like a suppressor.
These are solvent traps.
>>
>>32782420
That's funny because this is literally Sig brace, and the ATF previously rule on a similar issue in the 'shoestring' decision.
>>
>>32782475
Modern /k/ will happily open its asshole if tomorrow ATF decides the Sig brace illegal.

Fuck all of you commie cucks.
>>
b-but Trump was supposed to bring balance to the force, not leave it in darkness
>>
I like how /k/ is always the first to say gun owners follow the law even if they don't agree or respect it. Then get all twisted when the ATF enforces a law that has been in law books for 80 years.
>>
>>32782458
shut up kid.
/k/ was never good.
Also, found their facebook page. I reported it a few times. Let's see if they get removed entirely.
Fucking attention whores
>>
>>32782458
/k/ always sucked dick you idiot
It's an anime page.
There are no good websites anymore.
All the good posters grow up and leave. such is life
shut the fuck up and quit pretending "durrrrr the past was better"
kill yourself
>>
>>32782428
>>32782435
>>32782442
>>32782469

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU CALL IT YOU GODDAMN AUTISTS

This is defined legal precedent. People have tried selling lightning links as keychains and it was illegal 30 years ago and still is.

You sound like the people who get the bright idea to be paid in $50 gold coins to save income taxes.
>>
>>32782285
The ATF is a bureaucratic abomination, left unchecked they'll try to regulate everything.
>>
>>32782568
>left unchecked they'll try to regulate everything.
...Even anime?
>>
>>32782588
>implying that would be a bad thing
>>
>>32782588
Even anime.
>>
>>32782599
In that case, VIVA LA ATF
>>
>>32782588
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobbaco, Firearms, Explosives, Lasers, Lolis, and Shitposting.
>>
>>32782588
Even waifus
>>
>>32782157
It's wall art, fucko, even Amazon agrees.
>>
>>32782606
>Lolis

And yet you assholes defend Saiga, and BPR.
>>
>>32782204
link to battery storage separators
>>
>business goes to ATF and asks if they can sell solvent traps
>ATF gives them permission
>business sells solvent traps
>ATF raids them and stops them from selling solvent traps

That's what actually happened.
>>
>>32782638
It's par for the course for the ATF to pull shit like this.
>>
File: costanza.gif (891KB, 500x418px) Image search: [Google]
costanza.gif
891KB, 500x418px
The whole sig brace decision getting flipped was fucking idiots sending 10000 letters to the ATF asking
>IF I PUT THIS ON MY SHOULD IS IT A STOCK CAN I USE IT AS A STOCK CAN I USE IT AS A STOCK
Was the gun community's fault for being retards.

Anyway back to the original topic.

Sounds to me like the ATF is cracking down on this because they think HPA is going to pass, and there is gonna be a surge in people looking for "80%" suppressors.

I was pondering the 80% sup concept a few weeks ago in the HPA threads, what would be considered the "receiver" of the suppressor.

Seems like they are targeting the baffles/monocores as the lower receiver type deal. It is not a suppressor until it is assembled, but the ATF went after SIG before when they tried to get that MPX brake approved. The ATF said it wouldn't be legal because they would consider it the monocore for a suppressor.
>>
>>32782157
>That's like saying an 80% receiver isn't a gun part if you call it a "paint tray."

An 80% receiver isn't a gun part.
http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0218/5770/files/ATF_Letter_Public_Release.pdf?125
>not sufficiently complete to be classified as the frame or receiver of a firearm
>>
>>32782072
>>>/arfcom/
>>
>>32782638

Show me where the ATF approved what they were specifically selling.
>>
>>32782665
>wahhhh I'm going to tell people who suggest we take personal responsibility for our actions to leave
>>
File: 1345867726811.jpg (15KB, 200x183px) Image search: [Google]
1345867726811.jpg
15KB, 200x183px
>>32782287
Best post I've read on 4chan in a while.

Nothing further in this thread can really argue this.
>>
>>32782634
I looked, seems like he's full of shit.
>>
>>32782678
I'd love to see you fuckers actually try and represent yourselves in court using these arguments.
>>
guys

GUYS

It's just a SOLVENT TRAP!

Remember, all NFA rules apply for not a suppressors!

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:V5hh3eI328YJ:sdtacticalarms.com/B-Size-Titanium_p_106.html+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

They were asking for it, as much as I hate ATF these guys were asking for it.
>>
>>32782668
>show me a recording of a private meeting
>>
>>32782026
>4Chan mods working for ATF
>>
>>32782287
While I want to agree the law is written such that you cannot acquire any of the parts to build a suppressor until you have the form 1 in hand. It's dumb as fuck obviously and they would have to prove you intended to build a suppressor.
>>
>>32782670
Oh believe me, I'm all for personal responsibility you boot licking faggot. But if you want to want to jail people over thought-crime, then please, do us all a favor and read 1984 before necking yourself.
>>
>>32782694
Link to law. That's absolute horseshit and you're retarded for spreading lies. It's not a suppressor until it's assembled, the same way is not an SBR until the upper is attached to the lower.
>>
File: s-l1600[1].jpg (90KB, 928x522px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600[1].jpg
90KB, 928x522px
>>32782634
>>32782686

They call them different things: http://www.ebay.com/itm/8-D-Cell-Maglite-Cleaning-Traps-see-photos-/122322371110

Totally not a baffle, right?
>>
>>32782708
Who is being jailed here? All that happened was the ATF telling them to stop selling solvent traps.
>>
File: 263886_1327178511203.jpg (41KB, 396x403px) Image search: [Google]
263886_1327178511203.jpg
41KB, 396x403px
>>32782690
You'd love to see me argue that I'm innocent until proven guilty... In court? That's the staple of American court systems.

Ohh, you're trolling. I get it. Or European. Let me find a suitable reaction. OOH, got it.
>>
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:S6oUgjLxHTQJ:sdtacticalarms.com/FAQs_ep_42.html+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Remember guys it's a solvent trap, not a suppressor. Have fun test firing your solvent trap after following these directions for timing the baffles and centering the solvent trap!
>>
>>32782723
Totes.
>>
>>32782692

The ATF sends companies written letters with their opinion of whatever the company is selling/making/inventing. If you come up with an idea for something gun related but there's a chance it could be regulated, you write to them and ask "is this legal the way I'm doing it?"

That's what caused the mess with the Sig brace. The ATF wrote back saying it was legal even if you accidentally shouldered it.
>>
>>32782730
mfw these guys are literally retards

Here is what we recommend:
Drill all freeze plugs and the end cap.
Disassemble the flashlight and remove the snap ring.
Place the end cap on. This is very important! Pound 3 freeze plugs one at a time from the rear of the flashlight till they bottom out. Use a 1" socket with a long extension. A deepwell socket is best to keep the baffles straight.
Push in a spacer approximately 1.25" long from 1" electrical PVC wrapped with 2 1/4 wraps of electrical tape.
Pound in 6 freeze plugs tight against the spacer and each other.
Pound in 2 more freeze plugs with extra holes around the centered hole or drill them out out to 1/2". This aids in expansion.
Fit a spacer to fill the rest of the tube. This spacer needs to be tight against the last freeze plug and the bottom of the rear thread protector.
Once proper fit has been found wrap the spacer with 2.25 wraps of electrical tape.
Screw on the rear thread protector.
Test fire!
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE TO FOLLOW ALL NFA RULES!!!!
>>
>>32782694
And that's complete hogwash. I would even be willing to relent enough to give the ATF the benefit of the doubt if they had reasonable articulable suspicion/probable cause, but when did it become the norm to treat regular law abiding citizens with such suspicion?
>>
>>32782751
But building suppressors is not illegal. Why can't someone sell parts to build a suppressor if building them is legal? If the parts are not together, it's not a suppressor.

Since when did the ATF request that sellers make sure buyers actually have a F1?

This is a totally different argument than the OPs point.
>>
>>32782721
>constructive possession doesn't exist even though people have been arrested for it
https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/if-person-has-pistol-and-attachable-shoulder-stock-does-constitute-possession-nfa
Notice it doesn't say if I attach a stock just if they own them.

Your made up interpretation of the law will get you arrested. Do I agree with the bull shit? Fuck no. If the atf says that wetted nitroglycerin or whatever is a high explosive and you post pictures of your collection of wetted nitroglycerin and get arrested you'll scream show me the law!
>>32782762
Sure senpai send pictures of your "pistol upper" and your rifle lower to the atf I bet they'll approve even though it's not attached.
>>
>>32782751
• Will you drill the freeze plugs for me?
I will NOT drill the freeze plugs unless you buy a ready build suppressor from me.

>BUT WE'RE JUST SELLING SOLVENT TRAPS
>>
>>32782458
Agreed. This place has gone to shit. I'd usually laugh at the people calling everyone a boot licker, except in is case these people actually are boot lickers and it's pitiful. To hell with the atf, the nfa, etc etc. It all sucks and props to any company that can find a creative way around their fuckery.
>>
>>32782727
Is that your only argument? Dear god I hope so because I would love to watch the prosecutor tear your smug autistic ass apart.
>>
>>32782783
>Sure senpai send pictures of your "pistol upper" and your rifle lower to the atf I bet they'll approve even though it's not attached.

Literally thought crime. How anyone thinks this is OK is beyond me.
>>
>>32782808
These guys were not being creative. They were being hamfisted fucking stupid about it. They were actually using "suppressor" and "solvent trap" and "NFA rules apply" all on the same faq page.
>>
>>32782828
I completely agree.
It's fucked.
I'm not arguing whether or not you should comply I'm only arguing what the law says. You should be able to do whatever you like assuming you don't truly infringe on someone else.
I'm saying this is what the law saws so don't do what you want then prance around showing it off. Then wonder why you got arrested
>>
>>32782654

Probably something like "if it has a threaded tube its a full suppressor"
>>
>>32782751

They technically did nothing wrong.

>they were asking for it
Such a slave mentality.
>>
>>32782902
That would make all mag lights, plumping pipe, etc suppressors if they did. Only other thing they could so is say the baffles are the suppressor, but you got the same issue. Suddenly steelwool, paper,etc is a suppressor.

These are the same people that considered shoe strings to be machineguns, so I wouldn't be surprised if they pull that again.
>>
File: 1485208290972.jpg (174KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1485208290972.jpg
174KB, 1080x1080px
>>32782108
you're a fucking retard, and have no idea what you are talking about.

The majority of SDTactical's products were purchased with their engraving service. Meaning that their customers were doing things LEGALLY.

The ATF had no reason to shut them down... They were not a problem whatsoever. This is 100% a political move. I guarantee that the ATF is throwing their weight around because they're assblasted about Trump getting elected.

Please kindly go hang yourself.
>>
>>32782927
I get your point, but I still want a solid rape defense.
>>
>>32782932
>These are the same people that considered shoe strings to be machineguns, so I wouldn't be surprised if they pull that again.

I know, that's why I wouldn't be surprised if they went after threaded tubes
>>
>>32782727
Courts are a mockery of what they are supposed to be dude. I got picked up by cops for being out past curfew when I was 18 but didn't have id. Spent the next 26 hours in a holding cell and when I finally saw the judge and said I had never been read my rights she said "that doesn't matter". I got issued a state defender after that and he negotiated me simply paying a fine instead of a misdemeanor.
>>
File: Un9JI9V.jpg (160KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Un9JI9V.jpg
160KB, 1024x1024px
To anyone reading this who has a twitter account, please tweet at Trump jr and let him know what the ATF is doing.

If lots of people do this, there's a good chance he'll see it.
>>
>>32782246
They should just sell drugs.
>>
>>32782932

Interpretation of laws isn't cut and dried. There are lots of terms in legal documents like "reasonably assumed" and things like that. It's like that case with the Pepsi Points and the Harrier. The court ruled than an intelligent person would see the ad as a joke rather than a contract.

Ace Hardware can be assumed to be selling pipes to plumbers. A site selling pipes with end caps, baffles, and instructions to drill them out and fire your gun through it can be assumed to be selling suppressor kits.
>>
>>32782044
>>32782108
poorfag detected
>its a lot of work and money to source some parts and do some paperwork!
>bring everyone else down to my level!

so where are all the illegal suppressors that the ATF caught people with, that were traced back to this one company?
>>
>>32782323
Harder to make illegal suppressors? Just buy an AAC suppressor.
>>
>>32783104
It's.Not.Fucking.Illegal

Are you retarded, or just trolling?
>>
>>32782783
http://www.titleii.com/bardwell/thompson.txt
Eat shit, faggot.
>>
>>32782418
Pro get-a-real-job.
>>
>>32783135
Holy fuck your dumb that's a pistol kit sold with a rifle barrel and a stock not a rifle sold with a pistol barrel and grip.
You have to be 21 to buy it not 18.

Your a special kind of faggot don't let anyone tell you otherwise
>>
>>32782938
Looking into it more the ATF has apparently been going around to every company selling solvent traps, threaded tubes, etc and claiming that every single part is a suppressor. It's interesting because I'm pretty certain nearly all of the folks selling these parts had warnings on their sites not to assemble them in illegal configurations and to follow all federal laws. A real fun piece of info is apparently the ATF paid a visit to the company manufacturing freeze plugs in the US and got up their ass and implied they were selling suppressor parts.
I would be willing to bet money this is the ATF getting butt blasted about the new administration and HPA being on the table. They'll try to fuck over as many people as possible before they get a boot up the ass.
>>
>>32783135
Not the anon you're replying to, but I'm somewhat familiar with this case.

The following excerpts I think are relevant to this thread. (Note definition of 'firearm' includes suppressors)

>We also think that a firearm is "made" on facts one step removed from the paradigm of the aggregated parts that can be used for nothing except assembling a firearm. Two courts to our
knowledge have dealt in some way with claims that when a gun other than a firearm was placed together with a further part or parts that would have had no use in association with the gun except to
convert it into a firearm, a firearm was produced.

>Here it is true, of course,that some of the parts could be used without ever assembling a firearm, but the likelihood of that is belied by the utter uselessness of placing the converting parts with the others except for just such a conversion.
>>
>>32783318
Links?
>>
>>32782946
If they don't need to question you, they don't ned to Mirandize you.
If you didn't violate the law, why pay a fine?
>>
File: 1482028434632.jpg (18KB, 200x231px) Image search: [Google]
1482028434632.jpg
18KB, 200x231px
How do you know /k/ is shit now?

When there are so many faggots who support the ATFs bullshit rulings.

Fuck all of you. None of you are Americans, and none of you are true second amendment supporters.
>>
Would this be a really dumb time to buy a solvent trap or should I try to get one before other vendors are shut down?
>>
>>32783376
I think there are only a couple shills here.

Most of us don't agree with the rulings but are sharing knowledge so we can avoid getting in trouble. ie Its useful to know that having a solvent trap kit is considered a suppressor, even if it isn't assembled yet.
>>
>>32783376
Pretty sure the ATF shills in this thread are only one or two people.

Most people agree that these rulings are bullshit. Something as simple as PVC pipe is now a suppressor, if going by the definition that the ATF has been threatening people with.
>>
>>32783464
Protip: those aren't really necessary. Also, filter adapters can be found by simply searching '1/2-28 thread' in Google images.

http://www.bevfitchett.us/homeamde-silencers/pop-goes-the-soda-gun.html

Dear ATF: I don't endorse or support illegal activities.
>>
>>32783645
I hope you don't have a pupper.
>>
>>32783376
The thing is, this was always illegal without a form 1. Suppressor parts have always been regulated. If anything you should blame the dipshits who tried to pass these things off as legal. Doing it in your garage is one thing but trying to actually make a business out of it is retarded. Everybody has known these were illegal for years. They're not even the first people to do it. They were just the most open about it. Usually it's some sketchy guy at a gun show.

Now, this is clearly illegal and they were flaunting it. Don't brag about doing illegal shit.

For those who want to call me a bootlicker, I don't think suppressors or SBR's should be regulated in the first place. But they are, so don't act surprised when you get in trouble.

I don't even get the appeal of those things. Just get a real can if you want one so bad.
>>
>>32783541
honestly, it was pretty stupid to base their business and livelihood on something so legally tenuous

I also hate the "muh vets" bit as if that fucking matters
and the appeal to Trump is pathetic

if people wanted to make finish it yourself suppressors, there's no reason someone couldn't make 80% suppressor kits and get ATF letters of approval

if SD Tactical is smart, they'll redesign their "solvent traps" as 80% suppressor kits and get an ATF letter
but, based on their vets and Trump whining, they wont
>>
>>32782327
not the Galil ones. Those actually look decent.
>>
>>32783790
The problem is when you used the term "suppressor parts"

An unmodified freeze plug is not a suppressor part. They have loads of other real world use case scenarios. Same thing goes for a piece of pipe with threads.

Having these common items in your home, waiting for approval, and THEN modifying them to suppress sound is perfectly legal.

Selling these common items to others, unmodified, is also perfectly legal.

stop trolling.
>>
>>32783790
>Suppressor parts have always been regulated
Based on my research, its only because the kit has no other use than to be assembled as a completed suppressor. Seems like they could get on the right side of the law if they made it a 'conversion kit' and sold it without the flash light.

>I don't even get the appeal of those things
For the same reason people buy 80% lowers, I imagine.
>>
>>32782606
Lasers are regulated by the FDA.
>t. High power laser enthusiast
>>
>>32783926
Even if the parts have other uses, the fact that they are sold together for no other apparent reason than to be assembled as a suppressor, makes it so.

I don't agree with it, but its case law, see
>>32783135
>>32783325
>>
File: 1476387506719.png (142KB, 400x372px) Image search: [Google]
1476387506719.png
142KB, 400x372px
>>32783982
>the fact that they are sold together for no other apparent reason than to be assembled as a suppressor, makes it so

That's BS. It's only because the ATF is CHOOSING to interpret the law this way to screw us over. That's why form 1 suppressor parts and kits have been legal for years, up till now.

80% lowers are often sold as kits with the parts needed to assemble an ar15, yet they are not classified as firearms.

This is a political move, not a legal one.
>>
>>32784072
I agree with you 100%, it probably has to do with HPA.

The fact that the ATF opinion can have drastic effects on the industry and can be changed at will with no legislative or judicial oversight is a bit ridiculous. I know I'll be pushing through all available channels to get some attention on this from the new administration.
>>
Constructive intent is the dumbest shit the ATF has managed to pull. It's arbitrary.

>have an AR Pistol and an AR rifle
>technically constructive intent of an SBR

>have a pistol with a rail on the front and a VFG for an AR
>technically constructive intent of an AOW

They can do anything with this
>have a saw and a shotgun
Obviously constructive intent of an SBS

>Have pistol and a 2x4 that can be shaped into a stock
Obviously constructive intent of an SBR.

It pisses me off so fucking much. They know that they aren't stopping anybody and are only fucking with law abiding citizens.
>>
>>32784161
same here. There's a conspiracy theory floating around right now, that I think is downright plausible:

Basically the ATF is tired of dealing with suppressors. It's a fuckton of paperwork that has increased in volume each subsequent year. So, they stick their cock in the hornet's nest, in the hopes that people will get pissed off and pass the HPA.

After it passes, the ATF keeps the same budget and can dedicate their manpower to other issues.

It's plausible.
>>
Who the hell hires these assholes? They're an organization that does nothing productive, constantly embasses themselves by their scandals and just fucks people over for no reason whatsoever. I feel like if you met these people in real life they'd be a like a bunch of antigun authoritarian James Yeagers. They get off on being assholes to people for no apparent reason and ruining people's businesses and lives simply because they can and they're easy targets. It must make them feel like they're productive and doing something because anything real they try ends up in a massive fuckup that gets swept under the rug.
>Fast and furious
>B8ing literally retarded people into building NFA weapons then arresting them
>The sting where they caught no one, spend several hundred thousand tax dollars and HAD A FULL AUTO M4 STOLEN FROM THEM WHICH WAS NEVER RECOVERED
>Ruby Ridge where they fucked up so bad and lied so much they caused an incident where the guy who killed a US Marshal was deemed to be in the right AND WAS COMPENSATED BY THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
They are a bunch of low IQ bullies and a joke of an agency. They're also deathly afraid of their useless agency being desolved because the FBI, CIA and DEA all don't want them because of what incompetent assholes they are. This is what happens when the bullies from high school get lucky enough to find their way into a position of power.

End rant, thanks for listening
>>
>>32782026
How many dogs did they lose?
>>
>>32784314
Now I want to open a gunshop/kennel just to see what would happen.
>>
File: IWGAP39SB.jpg (23KB, 504x336px) Image search: [Google]
IWGAP39SB.jpg
23KB, 504x336px
>>32783946
it does
>>
>>32784349
fug, meant that for >>32783903
>>
>>32782420
Link to such ornament plz
>>
>>32784246
>Basically the ATF is tired of dealing with suppressors. It's a fuckton of paperwork that has increased in volume each subsequent year. So, they stick their cock in the hornet's nest, in the hopes that people will get pissed off and pass the HPA.
>After it passes, the ATF keeps the same budget and can dedicate their manpower to other issues.

This seems like a pretty big stretch.

Why wouldn't they just throw their weight behind the HPA openly instead of this strange convoluted backdoor secret way of trying to drum up support by hassling a small segment of suppressor owners who are already a small segment of gun owners.
>>
>>32784448
Well the ATF isn't known for making sense, but what was mentioned in >>32784246 sounds hella far fetched.
>>
File: 66666.jpg (22KB, 445x153px) Image search: [Google]
66666.jpg
22KB, 445x153px
1/3
>>
File: 55555.jpg (13KB, 446x108px) Image search: [Google]
55555.jpg
13KB, 446x108px
2/3
>>
File: 44444.jpg (23KB, 443x263px) Image search: [Google]
44444.jpg
23KB, 443x263px
3/3
>>
>>32784512
>>32784522
>>32784533
how did you manage to make those screenshots look so fuckin bad anon
>>
>>32784512
>>32784522
>>32784533
Their English is fucking horrendous.
>>
>>32784541
I had to grab them from a blog comment section. You're welcome.
>>
>>32784545
They're veterans, remember?
>>
>>32784580
I'm a milfag, but now that you mention it, I know plenty of guys on this level.
>>
>>32784161
>>32784246

The timing with the HPA might be a coincidence and it might not. But your theories are dumb AF, guys.

Here's a much more likely reason taken from another forum:

>If you consider this with the light of the upcoming HPA being cast upon it.... after the HPA passes silencer tubes will be the same, legally, as firearm receivers. They won't be able to sell them without them being serialized and going through an FFL. They'd have to leave them less than 80% completed in order to sell them on their website direct to consumer.

This is simply the ATF mopping the floor before it's wet.

They likely didn't anticipate the HPA having ANY chance under a Clinton admin, and now they see that it might actually have a chance to become law. So they're looking to prevent people from buying up "completed receivers" to easily assemble after the law passes.
>>
>>32783831
Fucking this. This this this, best post in this godawful thread.

Fuck the ATF. Fuck everything they stand for, fuck their rulings, fuck everything they do. I hope they get dissolved and they all lose their jobs, and the HPA is passed. Most of all in this case, fuck them for going around claiming that freeze plugs are fucking suppressor parts, or that a single baffle is a suppressor. They've tried this shit before, these tactics are practically unconstitutional and they need to fuck off.

That being said, it is difficult to really feel fully bad about this. This is a shit situation, because both parties are wrong. I mean, one is clearly like proactively offensively wrong, and the other one is wrong because they're approaching it in the wrong way, and what the hell else do you expect?

We all know what those were for, we all know they were thin dances around regulation, and while I don't like the regulation and despise its source, it is still there, and we all knew something like this was coming. The particular way the post is written is grating, and complaining about it that particular way is just stereotypical and foolish.

It's like it's the 20's, and I have a favorite local bootlegger I buy from all the time. They mask the business somehow, and make most of their living off moonshine. They do it in tight quarters and don't have electricity, and light the whole thing with open flames. I'll feel bad if I heard that their still exploded and now they're out of work, but I couldn't say I didn't expect it.
>>
>>32784736
>>after the HPA passes silencer tubes will be the same, legally, as firearm receivers. They won't be able to sell them without them being serialized and going through an FFL. They'd have to leave them less than 80% completed in order to sell them on their website direct to consumer
no shit? I hadn't really read anything about the HPA but if this is how it's going to go down that's pretty fucking gay (not really, better than what we have now).

will we still be able to form 1 em in that case. Every gunshow I go to I see books on how to make suppressors and was thinking of getting some of them in the event HPA does pass.
>>
>>32782026
ATF is riddled with absolute freedom-hating faggots, there's no surprise there. What is surprising that there are "people" like >>32782044 who support them
>>
Quick question. Is it still okay to buy solvent traps if you toe the line and actually intend on using them to trap solvent? Like as mentioned in >>32782214

Where would be the best place to get one?
>>
>>32784190
>have an AR Pistol and an AR rifle
>technically constructive intent of an SBR
>have a pistol with a rail on the front and a VFG for an AR
>technically constructive intent of an AOW

Neither of those examples are how constructive intent works. If you have an AR lower with a stock, and an AR upper with a <16" barrel, then it is constructive intent. If you have a pistol lower you're all good in the hood.

I seriously hope you don't think that second part is true. 90% of AR owners would be in deep shit. I hope you haven't been forgoing a VFG because you're worried about the rail on your pistol.
>>
>>32784868
this entire post is how I feel dess
>>
>>32784303
I met one once when I was working at a liquor store. He came in and identified himself as ATF and acted all buddy buddy with me. He said he was investigating some of our customers that I like. He was a young guy and friendly but I'm not about to make friends with a fed. He seemed more naive that anything. I checked his ID every time he came in even though I knew who he was.
>>
>>32784868
Your what's wrong with this country
>>
File: 1485290695564.gif (3MB, 644x472px) Image search: [Google]
1485290695564.gif
3MB, 644x472px
>>32785020
You're*
>>
>>32785058
Yall'r makin this sheatheap more fucked n ever I tell ya.
>>
File: 579.png (94KB, 595x397px) Image search: [Google]
579.png
94KB, 595x397px
mfw all these boot lickers in this thread
literally neck yourselves
>>
>>32784954
Get them from a hardware store so you don't raise any red flags, shouldn't have an issues, but constructive intent still hangs over you. Thos is not legal advice and I own no dogs.
>>
>>32785129
Does anyone have a good recommendation for an Android keyboard? This Samshit one sucks ass.
>>
>>32782127
>or the shop did something else to piss them off.
I understand bureaucracy can be slow, but if this is the true reason then I have issue
I already hate the ATF due to them making law at random, enforcing the law and "interpreting it" are two different things, one of which is very, very wrong
>>
>>32785151
I also use a Samshit and always have keyboard problems. Hold me anon.
>>32785129
Thanks for the advice, I probably wont because I own two doggos.
>>
The ATF needs to be disbanded or defunded. I'm sick of their shit.
>>
>>32784957
How is that 'not how it works?'

If having a threaded pipe, caps, and freeze caps around your home constitutes intent, how the fuck is an easily interchangeable AR rifle next to an AR pistol not intent?
>>
>>32785336
Not him but it's because you dindu nuffin and own a rifle and pistol seperate. Just because they're interchangeable doesnt meant intent.

Now dissassemble them and start shitposting pictures of the uppers and lowers next to each other on some Nepalese goat herding forum then maybe you can get your dog shot.
>>
>>32785336
Don't give the ATF ideas.... they have enough bad ones on their own.
>>
>>32785336
will you retards stop arguing like what the ATF does is based on logic? they exist to find ways to fuck over gun rights without pushing far enough to get mcveighed. thats it. they know EXACTLY what they are doing so post accordingly.
>>
>>32782026
>Solvent trap
>Can't afford a real suppressor
r e a l l y m a k e s y o u t h i n k
>>
>>32785443
>funding federal agencies with tax stamps and paying for overpriced pipes with baffles

eat shit and die
>>
They got tread on. I wonder if they will do anything beyond make a few more FB posts. The ATF literally came and took them.
>>
File: 1303449668058.png (361KB, 499x357px) Image search: [Google]
1303449668058.png
361KB, 499x357px
>>32785460
>>
>>32782026
The boot lickers in this thread make me sick.

The second amendment is about resisting government over reach by maintaining public armament.

Yet fags cuck themselves into each new law, rationalizing the loss of liberties as appropriate until you end up with shit holes like New York and California where gun ownership is nearly Europe bad.
>>
>>32785336
Holy fuck it's not that hard. If you have a pistol lower and a pistol upper, you have a pistol. If you have a pistol lower and a pistol upper, and a rifle lower, you still have a pistol. If you have a rifle lower, and a pistol upper, and nothing else, you have constructive intent to create an SBR.

Just because you don't get it, doesn't mean it's not how things work.

Right now you just don't understand. It's not that this doesn't make sense, it just doesn't make sense to you. You are the least common denominator here. I'm sorry you don't get it but I'm not the ATF or a teacher and I don't get paid to educate you.

I should have never posted in this thread.
>>
>>32785565
There is a difference between wanting laws changed and breaking the law. Why don't you go grab your rifle and vote from the rooftops if you care so much? Oh wait, you don't, you just want to bitch and moan on the internet because now you have to pay full price for suppressors with actual R&D and quality control. You can still make an illegal suppressor if you really want to. Nobody is stopping you.
>>
>>32782361
>Actually, yes, I don't know that and they don't know that.

You assert you don't know that. I can play word games too. Bad laws are bad but bullshit word games don't change the law.

The ATF should be abolished, but as the laws now stand if the shop thinks they are right they should take it to court and you should help them.

Anyone needing a can would be nuts to buy the parts from a shop thus leaving a transaction trail. Smart law evaders build their own. No one else should know what you own if you really care about security. What happens when the Dems eventually rotate into the White House and datamine all your PayPal and credit card transactions then SWAT your house?

Engine core plugs (they are not "freeze" plugs) are plentiful and cheap with no trail. Stealth beats sperging.
>>
>>32783645
If people were smart enough to use a different tap and die to thread their shit it would fly further under the radar. My machinist bro actually heard shit from one supplier when he asked for a 1/2-28 tap. Someone is watching. Use a fucking metric thread and you'll be utterly invisible.

Ranting is fun but zero of the ranting teencunts here will do anything but rant. Put your money were your shiposts are and join the NRA and GOA.
>>
File: Diversify.jpg (86KB, 1285x929px) Image search: [Google]
Diversify.jpg
86KB, 1285x929px
>>32782026
his fault for only placing his profit potential in one category
>>
>>32782230
Refreshing, you should try it some time you muddled fuck.
>>
>>32784954
A fucking dog dish is easier to empty and you aren't trapping solvent you fucking mongoloid.

Do you want to be invisible? Then do the smart thing and do not buy some stupid trap abortion. Instead, obtain the drill and tap to make your own fitting and screw a fucking oil filter etc bought from an auto store on it.

No transaction to datamine. Hardheaded idiots get caught, so choose to be smart instead. Shit's only metal so make what you like on the down low.

Extra smart method would be to use or make something that looks like a small engine muffler but has internal threads on the gun end. Let it rust and get nasty outdoors, maybe carbon it up a bit. You could have that in any garage.
>>
>>32785565
So why aren't you car bombing the ATF, hero?
>>
>>32785825
>Someone is watching

When known jihadis like Omar Mateen can buy an ar WITH a background check while being on terror watch lists I have to seriously doubt the govt's ability to track someone buying fucking auto parts on ebay.
>>
>>32783645
>filter adapters can be found by simply searching '1/2-28 thread' in Google images.

> using google, a branch of cia/nsa/fbi
>>
>>32782026
>don't follow the laws
>get shut down
>complain about how actions have consequences
This thread should have been over a long time ago.
You kids need to grow up or you will end up like SDTA, fucking failures without jobs
>>
>>32785583
So I can own an AR15 rifle length upper and a rifle lower. I can own a rifle upper and a pistol lower. But if I own a pistol upper and nothing but a rifle lower, I'm suddenly breaking the law?
If I own all these things, but the rifle lower is not within 10 feet, is it constructive intent? What if I keep my rifle upper in my summer home in Alaska?

What if I own only a rifle lower, stripped upper, and both a 16 inch barrel and also a 7 inch barrel?

What if I own a rifle lower, a pistol upper, and a dog?
>>
>>32785930
If bought as auto parts. Of course if you buy a shitload of auto parts it's unlikely to trigger a metadata search, but you can buy core plugs for cash at any auto store.

If shit gets serious I want zero purchase records on the net, and so far I have none. OPSEC is life and convenience in some cases a shit. If you are serious, be serious all the time. The stupid fill the ZOG camps but they aren't my problem.
>>
ATF needs to be dismantled.
>>
>>32786089
>ZOG camps

Oh, you're actually crazy.
>>
>>32785583
Alright, here we go, little one. I'm gonna spell it out for you.

I have an AR pistol and an AR carbine. One day, I decide to disassemble both of them for cleaning. They are not their respective assembled rifles anymore, clearly, and I could easily drop the pistol upper on the lower with a full stock. Is that constructive intent because that's what you've been arguing this entire time.

And yes, you should not have posted in this thread or any thread on this board.

>>>/reddit/
>>
These commie cucks, always beat down on gun owners, always punching rightm.
>>
>>32785986
>fucking failures without jobs

Don't care, had sex.
>>
>>32786134
>I have an AR pistol and an AR carbine. One day, I decide to disassemble both of them for cleaning. They are not their respective assembled rifles anymore, clearly, and I could easily drop the pistol upper on the lower with a full stock.
No. That is not constructive intent because you have a pistol lower. Having a pistol lower anywhere in your home is all it takes to negate constructive intent. It's fucking easy. I know it's stupid but that's how it works.

>because that's what you've been arguing this entire time.

I'm not arguing, I'm just telling you the law. That's literally how it is. I'm not even personally vested in this. I don't care, I'm just explaining it for you because you don't get it. I'm building a pistol right now.

>And yes, you should not have posted in this thread or any thread on this board.

I'm not the moron who doesn't understand. Maybe you should go back to middle school.

>>32786050
>So I can own an AR15 rifle length upper and a rifle lower. I can own a rifle upper and a pistol lower. But if I own a pistol upper and nothing but a rifle lower, I'm suddenly breaking the law?
Yes.

>>32786050
>If I own all these things, but the rifle lower is not within 10 feet, is it constructive intent?
No.

>>32786050
>What if I keep my rifle upper in my summer home in Alaska?
That's dubious, like the company cranking out "not silencers." I wouldn't push my luck.

>What if I own only a rifle lower, stripped upper, and both a 16 inch barrel and also a 7 inch barrel?
That's actually a good question.

>What if I own a rifle lower, a pistol upper, and a dog?
Why would you do that to your poor dog? The fuck did it ever do to you?
>>
>>32782026
>muh 3 vetetans
>>
When the HPA passes I'll be glad the ATF has one less way to fuck around with our rights arbitrarily.
>>
>>32782730
>What drill bit do i need for my 5.56 caliber flashlight, my dude
Fucking lel
>>
>>32782418
im not even going to insult you, im tired of this. why are you people fucking up this board
>>
>>32782026
>>32782079
>sneaking around the law via technicality
>being surprised when you get caught and stopped
pick one.
>>
>>32782336
Quick correction here, the Sig Brace was never ruled illegal and the ATF never changed their mind.

The original design Sig bought to manufacture and market was designed by a guy specifically to help his one-armed friend shoot an AR pistol. He posted about this online when he made the prototype several times. It was incredible clear it wasn't designed as a stock. The ATF was asked for an approval letter for it to be sold for use on AR pistols, which they granted because it clearly wasn't designed to be shouldered. The system worked.

A retard later asked the ATF if installing one with the express intent to use it as a stock created an SBR. They said that it did, which is correct because if you intend to shoulder it then you have created an SBR by the clear definition in the NFA. Again the system worked.

That second letter ONLY applied to the person it was written to and reversed no ruling. It clarified what everyone already knew.

>>32785930
Non-convicted felons can legally buy firearms. Being on a watch list doesn't make you a convicted felon.
>>
>>32787099
>follow law to the letter
>clear with the ATF before you sell
>two years later they shut you down anyways

Greentexting a complex situation so your argument seems obvious? Easy.
>>
>>32782123
Good, Mag-Lite is a shit ass company that's an insult to flashaholics the world over with their shitty emitters and litigious bullshit.
>>
>>32782026
>gun shop selling "solvent traps" and filter parts
Yeah, desu you're not fooling anyone
>>
>>32782026
The atrocity here is they put all their eggs into selling "solvent traps"

These people are terrible business owners. Good business owners have their fingers in multiple, profitable, pies. Not just one pie that can get knocked off the table by the neighborhood bully.
>>
>>32783946

> For now
>>
File: bootlick.jpg (10KB, 300x261px) Image search: [Google]
bootlick.jpg
10KB, 300x261px
>>32782044
>>32782072
>>32782108

Go shoot yourself in the fucking head cuck faggots
>>
>>32782026

Sell K2, synthetics cannabinoids sprayed on a pile of dried leaves.

> Incense/potpourri ONLY. Not for human consumption.

Sell tubes, freeze plugs adapters etc...

>. For engine rebuilding/ flashlight repair ONLY. Not for illegal suppressor use.
Well gee willakers, seems legit as fuck to me.
>>
>>32788126

Either keep this shit a million percent less obvious and slowly milk the cash cow... Or make it blatant as fuck and rake it in all at once before big brother gets butthurt.

Those are the only options.

Consumers have options too though.
1) Assraep prices from the halfwit ratfuck solvent trap retailers
2) buy components directly
3) buy legit supressors (inb4 bootcucklickfaggotOMG)
4) use hearing protection

So a handful of shit stick online "retailer" hillbillies have been forced to try and earn legit wages somehow. No fucking pity from me.

Learn a useful skill or sell something less cucked and you wouldn't be crying these delicious tears
>>
File: 97dc.jpg (209KB, 1080x1620px) Image search: [Google]
97dc.jpg
209KB, 1080x1620px
>>32788242
>Blame the people selling metal tubes not the government

I hope you die you pathetic faggot
>>
File: IMG_3303.jpg (44KB, 981x981px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3303.jpg
44KB, 981x981px
>>32788324
Who allowed their kid to dress like this
>>
>>32788630
It's more who made their kids dress like that.
>>
>>32788651
Kids love dressing up you autist

Do you know how many little girls went as Harley for Halloween?
>>
>>32788685
>t. someone who gets turned on by little kids

fuck off weirdo.
>>
>>32788727
>Projecting

Lmao this pedo finds sexy little girls attractive. What a fucking freak
>>
>>32788739
>2017
>thinking "Projecting" is a valid response
Who's to say you're not preojecting onto me now that I've called you out?
>>
>>32788242
>1) Assraep prices from the halfwit ratfuck solvent trap retailers
Were they expensice? I know 80% lowers are ridiculous and that's why I just buy regular lowers at the store. I'm not going to pay some guy 50% more for something that isn't even finished. It's just bare aluminum, and I have to complete it myself. Why the fuck should I pay twice as much as an Anderson lower?
>>
>>32788773
You've already proven you find hot little girls sexy since you found something wrong with that image

Your mind is in the gutter and now you're accusing others of being pedo. You're a sick fuck.
>>
>>32788787
No I'm not because hey, I'm not the anon who saves said weird pictures of children.

Pls go.
>>
>>32788801
Keep making excuses pedo it won't save you.
>>
>>32784957
constructive intent isn't word of law, it's interpretation of the law, atf could come down any moment and say the examples you listed are constructive intent
>>
File: hYMIItH.png (142KB, 511x564px) Image search: [Google]
hYMIItH.png
142KB, 511x564px
>>32788818
I'm the pedo because I think it is weird to have pictures of random people's kids and share them on a Hunnic Basket Weaving forum.

Ok.
>>
>>32788838
Yes because that little girl is sexual to you

Pretty disgusting honestly
>>
File: 1484561398418.gif (489KB, 458x260px) Image search: [Google]
1484561398418.gif
489KB, 458x260px
>>32788847
Haha sure, whatever helps you sleep at night.
>>
>>32782485
Daily reminder that the ATF has never prosecuted anyone for shouldering a SIG brace or installing a foregrip on a pistol and in the past the courts have consistently ruled that there is not a single fucking thing wrong with either action.
>>
>>32788882
I knew about the SIG brace but if the foregrip thing is actually true...
>>
>>32782204
None on eBay
>>
>>32782289
And the Atf's official position has been smacked down in Federal court, by a sarcastic judge who said the ATF's reading of the law would outlaw potatoes. The only reason the ATF keeps getting away with this shot is that small businesses can't afford to fight them.
>>
File: solvent trap.png (202KB, 660x440px) Image search: [Google]
solvent trap.png
202KB, 660x440px
>>32782026
I'm just surprised that the ATF hasn't tried to mass ban these "solvent traps" already.

I feel like the only reason they're doing this is because of the upcoming HPA, though I'm not sure what the end goal is. It's not like effectively crippling these companies will make a difference.

Also, what kind of business owner puts all his eggs into one basket like this? Unless he's just grossly exaggerating to get pity, he's an idiot.
>>
>>32784575
Honestly, I'd have been happier if I hadn't been tricked into reading them by my own curiosity tbqh
>>
>>32782026
Are their doggos okay?
>>
>>32789869
>though I'm not sure what the end goal is
Survive through an administration that is looking to cut fat and incompetence by padding their numbers with bullshit actions so they can point and say "Look we did something! You need us after all." The ATF will be on the chopping block because you can be damn sure SBRs, SBSs, and AOWs will be next up for removal from the NFA if the HPA passes and you don't need an entire agency to handle a registry for machine guns that's been closed for over 30 years.
>>
>>32782108
NAPA only authorized place to buy solvent traps?
>>
>>32782044
>>32782108
This. The law may be unjust, but it is clear, and these people knew EXACTLY what they were doing. I have zero sympathy, and I actually think they got off too easy.
>>
>>32791301
its ok for NAPA to sell exact same thing?
>>
>>32791301
Nigger please, they have consulted with the ATF beforehands, they didn't just start doing it.

This is the ATF clamping down for no reasons.
>>
>>32791308
Not him, but definitely, because NAPA is selling the stuff as intended auto care products. When SDTA sells them with all the "lel all NFA rules apply, here's your suppressor instructions" then it's a different story m90.
>>
File: hqdefault (6).jpg (8KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (6).jpg
8KB, 480x360px
ITT:
>Everyone who disagrees with me is a bootlicker!

We all hate the laws as much as you do, but defending some idiots who werere spitting in big brother's face, then getting assblasted when he makes you BTFO is on the same level as "Justice for Tyrone, he dindu nuffin! Get Obama involved!"

>Inb4 "look retard they already asked the ATF if it was okay, and then after they got the go-ahead the ATF turned their back on them"

>implying the ATF is a govt agency who's word you can trust
>implying these autists actually went to the ATF and got explicit permission in the first place and are not just making this shit up right now to cover their asses and make their case look good so they can shill it to Trump (who isnt going to do anything by the way).
>>
>>32791372
I'm still going to get this to Trump.

If he somehow gets something done, he's gonna be the people's hero.
>>
File: working38.jpg (21KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
working38.jpg
21KB, 320x180px
>>32791383
I'm tempted to call you a retard again (assuming you're the same dude from earlier), but honestly, I've got to say I appreciate your optimism.
>>
>>32791386
Got nothing to fucking lose.
>>
>>32782044
Okay faggot, people file Form 1s and build their own legal suppressors.

I assume you think their business is somehow il-legitimate?
>>
>>32791308
>company is named SD Tactical Arms
>they make 99% of their income selling items as "suppressor parts"
>their sole business plan is to flaunt federal law
>implying this is at all similar to a store like NAPA
Don't play coy. You know exactly what the difference is.

>>32791333
The ATF is not a federal court that can arbitrate law, and treating them as if they were one is only going to lead to bad outcomes.
>>
>>32791393
I don't know and the ATF does not know that either.
>The ATF is not a federal court that can arbitrate law, and treating them as if they were one is only going to lead to bad outcomes.
So in short, fuck the ATF.
>>
>>32791388
In that event, godspeed anon.
>>
>>32791394
>I don't know the diffwince ;-P

Nobody believes you. When you grow up, you'll realize how painfully obvious it is to everyone else too that you don't even believe your own bullshit.
>>
File: 1484083169081.jpg (57KB, 640x480px)
1484083169081.jpg
57KB, 640x480px
>>32791308
kek, whether it is or not, NAPA's income is not 99% solvent traps.

SDTA ran a shit business in the first place and can barely even use the english language properly.
>>
>>32791347
>>32791393
are your "quotations" actual quotations or are they more like made up shit you said like

"i like to eat dicks"
>>
>>32782391
It doesn't become a suppressor unless it was built with that intent, or someone uses it as one. Otherwise literally every metal tube and soda bottle would a suppressor.
>>
>>32782559
The difference is LL were made with the intent to make an AR full auto. Selling a key chain with the same design doesn't change the intent. A solvent trap is literally just a solvent trap until used otherwise.
>>
>>32791372
This post is why you should never take any advice from this place. People have no qualms making judgments about something they know absolutely nothing about.

>implying these autists actually went to the ATF and got explicit permission in the first place and are not just making this shit up right now to cover their asses and make their case look good so they can shill it to Trump (who isnt going to do anything by the way).

They've been selling them for nearly 3 years and have had multiple inspections and interactions with the ATF.

This current situation is being blown out of proportion. Nobody was even arrested.
>>
This is in response to your recent email to the Firearms Industry programs Branch (FIPB) Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) seeking information on solvent Traps. Specifically you ask about the laws and regulations associated with them if possession of unmodified solvent traps is a violation of the National Firearms Act and if they may be used to legally manufacture firearms silencers.
As way of background:
The Gun Control Act of 1968 (GCA), 18 U.S.C. Section 921(a)(3), states that the term “firearm” means—
“…(A) any weapon (including a starter gun), which will, or is designed to or may readily be converted to expel a projectile by the action of an explosive; (B) the frame or receiver of any such weapon; (C) any firearm muffler or firearm silencer.”
In addition, the GCA, 18 U.S.C. Section 921(a)(24), defines both “firearm silencer” and “firearm muffler” as follows:
“…any device for silencing, muffling, or diminishing the report of a portable firearm, including any combination of parts, designed or redesigned, and intended for use in assembling or
fabricating a firearm silencer or firearm muffler, and any part intended only for use in such assembly or fabrication.”
Finally, the NFA, 26 U.S.C. Section 5845(a), defines “firearm” to include:
“…(7) any silencer (as defined in section 921 of title 18, United States Code)….”
The stated intent of a solvent trap is to catch and trap gun cleaning solvent during bore cleaning operations commonly performed on firearms. Solvent traps do attach to the muzzle of a firearm but do not have any design features intended to allow a bullet to pass through them. Since as originally manufactured they are not intended to silence, muffle or diminish the report of a portable firearm they are not silencers as defined in 18 U.S.C. 921(a)(24) and thus also are not firearms as defined in 18 U.S.C. 921(a)(3) or 26 U.S.C. 5845(a)(7).
>>
>>32792784
However, if the solvent trapped was redesigned or utilized to assemble a device for silencing, muffling or diminishing the report of a portable firearm or if intent was demonstrated to use the device for silencing, muffling or diminishing the report of a portable firearm, the solvent trap would be classified as a “firearm silencer” as defined in 18 U.S.C. § 921(a)(24) and as a “firearm” as defined in 18 U.S.C. § 921(a)(3)(C) and 26 U.S.C. § 5845(a)(7).
In order for an individual to lawfully manufacture a firearm silencer utilizing a solvent trap an ATF NFA Form 1 along with pictures and fingerprints must be submitted and approved and a $200.00 making tax must be paid prior to building the silencer and/or performing any modifications to the solvent trap intended to modify or convert it into a firearm silencer.
We must stress that merely filing the Form 1 does not give an individual the right to make the silencer. The individual must wait until the approved Form 1 is returned to them by the ATF NFA Branch before making the firearm silencer.
We thank you for your inquiry and trust that the foregoing has been responsive.
Michael S Knapp
Program Manager
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
Firearms and Explosives Industry Division
>>
>>32791372
I agree with mostly what you've said except for
>>implying these autists actually went to the ATF and got explicit permission in the first place and are not just making this shit up right now to cover their asses and make their case look good so they can shill it to Trump (who isnt going to do anything by the way).

Running a business selling weapon parts and NFA parts (they claimed they sold fully made suppressors too) will definitely require ATF inspection as mentioned here >>32792582 so chances are the ATF had actually approved it at one point. Still, trusting the ATF's word is another thing.

Why I'm really replying to you though is because your picture.
>Baaaaaaaaaaayuuum yo Joe-ay! Ima styrofoam cup yo!
>Mikey, what are you doing?

Milfag? Stationed on mainland or the Rock? What years?
>>
File: Screenshot_20161121-000219.jpg (649KB, 1435x1430px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161121-000219.jpg
649KB, 1435x1430px
>>32792784
>>32792796
Thanks anon. This makes sense as to why no arrests were made (they weren't technically doing anything illegal), but doesn't really answer why they told them to stop (unless the ATF is just trolling and will come back like pic related).
>>
>>32792796
>portable firearm
does this mean i can put a silencer on my gun if it is a fixed emplacement to defend my land?
>>
This thread is a good test of someone's adulthood. If you are able to recognize that conspiracy to commit a federal crime is also a crime, then congratulations! You're an adult.

Turns out the loudest, most dedicated posters on /k/ are still children, mentally.
>>
>>32793835
Milfag, yes, but not in the way that you're asking. I lived in Oki from '04-'10. Dad was a Marine. I graduated from Kubasaki in 2007. Got a SOFA job and moved out in town and kept working after his tour ended and my family moved back to the states.

Couldn't get my SOFA renewed in 2010. My Japanese was good but nobody wanted to hire a mexican gaijin and go through the process of giving him a working visa (fucking lel), so I BTFO to the US. Worked here for about 3 years doing absolutely nothing with my life and then suddenly turned super conservative after being cucked by Japan and California for long enough and decided to enlist then.

I wanna visit but I definitely don't want to stay, and as junior enlisted, I really don't wanna get stationed there. Would probably get fucked into Camp Schwab anyways.
>>
>>32794539
Whoa, so you have some history there? Still in? Marines?

I was 7051, did 2 years on Futenma, 2013 to 2015. Loved the place despite the non-stop protesting at our gates when we brought the V22's over. I stole an "Osprey Go Home" sign from a telephone pole and we used to keep it up in shop.
>>
>>32794627
Yeah, I still keep in touch with two locals I was friends with over there. Yeah, I used to be 0331, did some dumb shit to get myself ninja punched in my first four, but when it came time to re-enlist I had no idea what I'd do on the outside so I kissed enough ass to prove myself and was able to lat move into METOC figuring that'd help me get a job on the outside. Only place I think they can actually send me is Hansen.

But yeah, Lance Corporal with a service stripe.
>>
>>32791458
Actual quotations.

>>32782730
>>32782751

This guy was about as retarded as he could possibly be without getting his ass sent to prison.
>>
>>32794331
Next time save a few words and call them babies.
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.