[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was anybody else disappointed by shot show this year? >Mossmans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: shot-show-logo.jpg (21KB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
shot-show-logo.jpg
21KB, 400x250px
Was anybody else disappointed by shot show this year?

>Mossmans new not-a-short-barreled-shotgun is retarded

>The maxim 9 has alot of potential but it's essentially a Jennings with a supressor

>New tacticool bullshit

The only cool things were the wireless laser sight and vortexes new eotech holographic sight clone

Where's the innovation?
>>
Was really hoping for PTR to announce an MP5 clone or a HK93 clone.
>>
>>32775357
The only thing that caught my eye was Savage AR15.
Just curious about how it will unfold.
>>
>>32775357
Looking forward to seeing more about that Hudson
H9 pistol, seems like a cool idea although im too poor to buy one.
>>
>>32775362

An mp5 clone would be neat. But, it wouldn't be profitable when you can get 9mm uppers for ARs, and the barrel would have to be 16 inches or else they have to sell it as a pistol and that's dumb
>>
>>32775375
Same. Very interested in the MSR 10 Long Range. Will grab one if reviews and WOM are good.
>>
>>32775362
Hasn't Zenith already done the MP5K clone thing?
>>
>>32775357
>implying im not dissapointed every year
>>
>>32775498
>$1700 for a stamped piece of sheet metal

When they make them for $600 they'll fly off the shelves, until then it's just trash

A glock 17 is superior in every way to a semiauto mp5k. Until they can make a useless toy the price it should be they shouldnt even bother
>>
File: more like shit show amiright.jpg (92KB, 640x554px) Image search: [Google]
more like shit show amiright.jpg
92KB, 640x554px
>>32775357
>>32775519
blog.full30.com/shot-show-lost-luster/

I thought this was an interesting read and would have started another thread about it but this seems like a good place for it.

tl;dr - shotshow is a media circus full of vaporware and unfulfilled promises so some youtubers are bailing.
>>
File: IMG_2937.jpg (141KB, 1026x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2937.jpg
141KB, 1026x576px
>>32775357
I was actually impressed by the new Colt Gold Cup Trophy desu senpai. Still waiting for pic related tho.
>>
File: 1485388132829.jpg (4KB, 79x89px) Image search: [Google]
1485388132829.jpg
4KB, 79x89px
>>32775671
stop
>>
I haven't heard anything about the t91 uppers wolf is importing. Were they not there?
>>
>>32775553
>a pistol is comparable to a semi auto clone of a submachine gun
>>
Showshow is just an industry show. I see it more of a meet and greet for stores and manufacturers. It doesn't necessarily focus on new announcement like how consumer shows are (like CES and E3). A few companies might treat it as such, but a lot of the booth just brings out their old stuff for maybe potential new customers to see if they want to order to sell in their stores.
>>
>>32775362
I emailed them about a HK33 clone, some time ago, they said the market was too saturated with .223 carbines.
>>
1.5k thermal optic of actually decent quality has me pretty excited.
>>
>>32775357
Non NFA "firearms" are pretty cool, though. I was thinking of making one with a shockwave grip, but it was too expensive for me to justify it. I think it's great mossberg is releasing one for $400.
>>
They had a lot of cool suppresses
>>
>>32776274
>a semi auto sub gun is more useful than a pistol
>>
>>32775357
The Maxim 9 using a ported barrel to slow 115gr subsonic ala MP5SD was super disappointing, but that's been known for six months.
>>
>>32776484
It doesn't use a ported barrel. You are stupid.
>>
>>32776557
The SiCo rep I talked to said it does, so kill yourself.
>>
>>32776804
It's a 3" barrel terminating in a blast chamber. Check the schematics yourself.
>>
>>32775357
that sexy sexy kel-tec survival tho
>>
>>32775357
I was hoping for more sand furniture from Magpul(vaporware) Instead, they brought the MCT bullshit and the wall of broken hopes and dreams.
>>
>>32775377
>>32775377
You watch the in range videos on it? I think as long as it's made and it's not a jamomatic, I'd set my sights on one eventually. I want a double stack, but I'm turned off by how everything is so similar and polymer, so this would be great, in meantime though I've got my 1911
>>
File: orin.jpg (2MB, 3120x3120px) Image search: [Google]
orin.jpg
2MB, 3120x3120px
Orin from Zahal, at the Gilboa booth was worth a look
>>
>>32775357
biggest disappointment for me was leatherman:
> they could have put rebar pliers on a charge
> instead sell half a skeletool to people
>>
>>32779087
He's printing
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.